Reviews for Remember
Ella Diver Sophis chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
(This is in reply for your lovely review that made me feel super.)
I like your style, your language is rich and the writing seems of a high quality.
HOWEVER: Are you enjoying this? I might as well go and read the book. One of the joys of ficcing is to influence the story or reveal what the original author did not or could not. I am surprised, considering your polished style, that you don't take advantage of the creativity the convention offers. Go ahead, take risks.
Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Wow. Excellent imagery. The prospect of Sam and Frodo wondering if they'd be remembered is a rare and interesting concept, but you made it work splendidly! Well done!
Skye12 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
So much I want to say, need to say about a story that has touched me so. So beautifully written it is unbearable! So bitter-sweet in Frodo's and Sam's acceptance. It touches a nerve ya know. A little tug at the heart. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. I can't say much more than that. It has everything, you can see it, feel it, and cry. I'm sorry I can't think of anything more to say but beautiful.

shirebound chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
I just discovered this gem. What a lovely piece! If Prof. Tolkien had wanted to write a bit more emotional ending to the trilogy, this might have been the very thing. Frodo's resolve and Sam's strength and a true parting of equals. Wow.
easterlily41482 chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
This mini-fic was lovely. So capturing, so emotional and so surreal. This is one of the scenes that I'm sure will break my heart to see on the big screen yet is one of the scenes I'm most looking forward to seeing. I'm so glad you posted this.

~ Amelia
Prisca chapter 1 . 9/28/2002
That was absolutely beautiful...your writing style is absolutely gorgeous, and your word choice is perfect. As wonderful as the book's ending is, I must say that I would not have minded in the least bit if this had been the way it had been written. Excellent, excellent job *goes to check out your other fics*
tiggivon chapter 1 . 9/23/2002
very touching end to the story. perhaps told with a proper insite to what happens to frodo. that it wasn't the end but the beginning.

and that one day as i had always hoped the fellowship will be together again.

brittney chapter 1 . 9/23/2002
"...and the final casualty of the War of the Ring stepped hesitantly onto the gangway of the waiting Elven ship."

That line is so beautiful.

The whole thing was wonderful throughout. I loved your analogies and your word choice. Thank you!
Mish chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
Oh, what a sweet, short piece, ainur! How beautiful and bittersweet. :) I love it!
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
"And may the Book's pages never collect dust," thought Sam, "For how foolish it would be to lose the knowledge so hard earned through the sacrifices and sorrows of war." That was my favorite line in the entire fic. So very true. And it's always nice to see a hobbit reflect. I enjoyed your characterizations, especially of Sam. Very nice )
TheShroom chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
*sniffs and grabs tissue* That was really sad, and sweet. You really can do this type of writing. Good on you.

TheShroom... *runs off all teary*
Ancalime8301 chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
I do believe you've found all the right words. :) You've elegantly expressed their thoughts and hopes.

"Change does not come without loss, and unfortunately some of what is good must fade with vanquished evil." Good line! :) And it so fits with the idea of the ending of LotR (at least, in my opinion!).

And I'm quite glad to hear you're still working on your other fics-I may not always review, but I read faithfully, and as a budding fic author myself, I completely understand that real life is not always kind. :p I'll still be around no matter how long you take. :)