Reviews for Case Five: Cops and Robbers
OxEyed chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
More than anything, I really enjoy the way your sentences flow. You have a very unique style that I find continuously surprising-there were some very good lines here. I also liked that you went with a complete outsider's POV; it was a great way to mix things up and make the twist just that much more effective. Nice job!
Mandolina Lightrobber chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Monobear. I hate Monobear. He's up there with Kyuubei on the list of things I want to stomp on.

With that out of the way, the idea is awesome. I really liked how the characters were arranged, role-wise. The overall execution of the plot is a bit chaotic and rushed at times, but then, that reminds me strongly of DP anime where everything was a fast-paced mess. I think your A/Ns did a good job of bridging the gaps, though I imagine for someone not familiar with DP it would still be a bit difficult to grasp due to how things just... rush through it. The blame is, I believe, in part, on DP with the way it zips along.

(I'll say this though - the difference between reading this fic without DP knowledge and /with it/ was quite noticeable for me. But then again - maybe that's just because I was reading the fic a second time and catching details I'd missed the first time.)
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
You know, you just saved my friend a whole lot of trouble in explaining that story to me. :) Particularly since we won't see each other until exams now...

This story was a little tamer than your other ones, but still insane. :) I think I prefer Battle Royale more, though granted I'm writing for it fandom-blind (a challenge elsewhere where I've unintentionally given myself a handicap, hehe...). That teddy-bear ruins the horror element and turns it more into crack I think. Breaks up things quite well though; I especially loved Mai in this. She totally rocks when it comes to the girls, at least in the YGO universe (I think Akiza is my favourite girl overall, and not because of the name either). The writing style works really well for this as well; really helps out with the tension.

I wonder how many more AUs we'll be seeing with this round.
Princess Unikitty chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
that was pretty damn great. actually it was *silver voice* GREAT. very detailed and well characterized, and i liked the idea.

only thing is that you use a few too many ellipses at times
Sass-Bot chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
THIS. IS. FLAWLESS. SPOONY.

I always thought that a DR-YGO crossover would be amazing, but you managed to pull it off more perfectly than I had ever imagined. The characters you chose and their SHSL talents were really interesting (and I couldn't help but let out a good long chuckle at Super High School Level Pharaoh - GENIUS) Kaiba was the obvious choice for a Togami character, and man was it great to see him in that role. And Otogi made a great Naegi as well.

The mystery was definitely compelling, though the Canon characterisations made it easy to cross off suspects until we ended up with Bakura. I never would have guessed that you would end up having Atem killed. It made for a really interesting twist since most authors would want Atem in the middle of the action.

I wish we could have seen some of Thief's punishment though. However, one can always imagine what Monobear had in mind for him. Upupupupuuuuu!