Reviews for Faintest, Slimmest, Wildest Chance
rcorrine chapter 15 . 9/28
Aha! And there’s me told.
rcorrine chapter 15 . 9/28
Ireally, just for the sake of clarification, the point of dominant and recessive genes is one is usually shown, and the other is carried. It’s entirely possible (25%chance) for two brown eyed parents to have a blue eyed baby if they both have the recessive blue eye gene (Bb BbBB/Bb/Bb/bb). Maybe Hermione didn’t know this bc she didn’t take muggle biology classes, but that’s a punnet square basic.
WOw! I love this story so much!
Your Ginny is just awesome.
I keep coming back to reading your stories because they are absolutely brilliant! I love how you write Harry, Ginny, the Weasleys, and Hermione. You are spot on with canon. This story was great. I especially love how you write the relationship of Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ron and Ginny/Ron. Looking forward to more of your works!
HPuni101 chapter 7 . 7/20
Great start. But I wish this were a H/G, R/H fic. I was surprised when I saw Bill and Charlie in the description. Will keep reading.
This is my first time reviewing anything (Amazon orders, surveys, etc) in maybe a year and a half; This was also my first time reading fan fiction of any series. I’ve tried to do so in the past, but there was always something holding me back, a sense of it being off-cannon, written in a different voice, perhaps a bit of guilt at how tailored to different tastes it can be. Reading this the past three days changed that. Originally I hadn’t planned to read any fan fic at all; I was rewatching the films and rediscovered my childhood crush on Ginny. Of course, like many fans, I felt like Bonnie Wright had been snubbed by the writers, with her character not getting most of the good lines from the books. I decided to reread 5-7, and even then felt like something was missing. JK Rowling writes a good hero’s journey, and does a uniquely good job of populating this world, but the love story was still missing some content, not least because most of the falling in love was supposed to take place after HP7.

So I knew I had to give fan fic a try. I was browsing reddit and discovered a sub dedicated to HG love, and read through some threads about fan fiction, and stumbled upon this. Even the title is perfect: there was a faintest, slimmest, wildest chance that I could really enjoy this fic, that it would be well written and long enough to read for a few nights while I missed my girlfriend, that I would wake up as Harry with Ginny by my side, poking me and teasing me and /maybe/ kissing me, as I moved through your timeline.

I really loved this work; it feels like J.K. Rowling in principle, with clear, concise language and britishisms, but it also feels like something new in a way that I hadn’t expected. It was whole and complete. It didn’t just dive into the content, it built it up with a story arc. The fact that Ginny and Harry aren’t introduced or even paired back together for several chapters is brilliant. Instead we start with Professor McGonnagal, because that’s whatever would have done.

Thank you for writing this, also it was plain to see you enjoyed it along with us and it wasn’t a chore. And although this was written years ago, I hope there’s the faintest, slimmest, wildest chance this review reaches you. But even it doesn’t, I’m glad to have been able to express and better understand what your work did for me, and what it will mean to be going forward as part of my headcannon. Cheers :)
ImATrooper chapter 42 . 7/1
i had a lovely time reading through your story. i loved how you included so many POVs. thanks for sharing your work!
LiGi chapter 42 . 5/27
This story is absolutely fantastic!

The characterisation is spot on for all of the Weasleys and Harry, and all of the other characters we see as well. You have done a brilliant job of capturing the feelings of everyone after the war is over and they are just getting their lives back to normal (or at least as normal as it is possible to get after such tragedy). I liked the little detail that everyone automatically went to say the twins before changing it to just George.

I particularly liked the interactions between the older Weasley boys, and their hide-away on the roof. Bill and Charlie are such great characters and it was nice to see so much from their point of view in this story. And Percy and George... The tension between the two of them was so well written!

Hooray for the happy ending, and the sweet Harry and Ginnyness! I liked the sex scenes too, they were very believable and realistic with everything not going perfectly. And you managed to make it really descriptive and hot without actually using explicit words, which is so difficult but you did great!

And as an English person I have to say I was impressed by how well you got all the differences between English and American right! I didn't realise you weren't an English writer at first, until one of your author's notes. So well done there too!

This story is definitely being added to my favourites and I am now off to find your Ron and Hermione one!
horoscorpio chapter 42 . 5/1
wow i read this fic in a few days- know i'm late to the party, but i just finished finals and then promptly broke my arm so it was a great source of entertainment! so happy to have found a good, well-rounded fic; congrats!
arosequartz chapter 5 . 4/27
Okay first review of this story so far and let me just say, the way you wrote Luna's character was fantastic! It was so brilliant I could practically picture and hear her voice in my head as she spoke!

Loving the story so far! Also, appropriate reactions of war and loss, especially Ginny. The characterization here is lovely!
ToMyMuse chapter 42 . 4/9
Loved this fic. Thank you!
ToMyMuse chapter 38 . 4/6
(Slaps forehead) Harry, Harry, Harry.
ToMyMuse chapter 37 . 4/6
(Slow clap) (slow clap) (slow clap)...Well done! I loved the whole chapter. First of all, how sweet of Harry to plan all that for her—for them, really. Her fascination with the door lock and the TV made me smile. The headbutts, fumbling, blushes, and shyness were perfectly infused throughout, and so fitting for first-timers. The three BIG words—at last!—such a milestone. And finally, I thought the conversation at the end showed how their relationship has matured—It’s not easy for either of them, but they seem to reach an understanding they could both accept at that point. Yay H/G!

PS. Glad you included that last a/n. I had forgotten the first one.
ToMyMuse chapter 35 . 4/6
Ohmygosh, that last part (“...all your brothers...”): Instant lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.
1,091 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »