Reviews for Faintest, Slimmest, Wildest Chance
D18LifeMusic chapter 42 . 4/22/2015
Very well done! This story should have more stats than it does. I'm surprised at the numbers. I enjoyed this post-war fic very much. This was very well thought out and worded. The best overall description I can give is comedic and romantic fluff. But fluff has such a negative connotation and this is much more than mere fluff. It is a relationship development that is totally on par with the HP world. You're romantic scenes were done in very classy manner. I like a good lemon as much as the next person but there are too many stories that are lemon/fluff/some plot/lemon/lemon/plot twist/end. The familial tension amongst the Weasley's seemed completely in canon and you're development of Harry as a clueless boy (as far as love and family goes) was wonderful. The substance in this story was captivating at the very least. I wished there were more. Very well done. I'll be looking for your next HP fic especially if it continues from this one.
Elise chapter 42 . 4/7/2015
This story is truly beautiful. So, so well written. The start was hard and painful... then it got better, but the pain never really goes away. You describe grief so well... I love how you write about the Weasleys, their evenings on the roof, the way they grew up together... Harry's and Ginny's relationship was really well done too. Basically, this was perfect, thank you so much for writing and sharing with us :)
Wolf-Redlance chapter 42 . 4/7/2015
I stumbled on this story via the favourite stories list of a friend of mine (Entropist) and I must say that I really, really loved it.

the way to wrote it really gave us the view of how it could have been for Harry and the Weasleys to deal with the aftermath of the last battle. It felt very intimate a very, very good read.

Going to check your other fics now. :)
Anonymous chapter 22 . 3/8/2015
Oh my gosh, that scene with Charlie and George has me in tears. Beautifully written, and completely heartbreaking. He's so lost without his other half.
anonymous chapter 2 . 3/8/2015
Loving this so far. One problem I noticed in this chapter- I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fleur didn't ever go to Hogwarts. She was just there for the Triwizard Tournament.
entropist chapter 42 . 2/27/2015
Alright! I'm done with that story, so I'll give my opinion on it.
First, you'll notice I favorited it, and I don't do that often, so here's your first hint.
Second, I read in two days, and that's another sign that I loved it.

So, to be more precise about what I liked. I liked your style, your care at developping all your characters, and not just Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione, because that's a mistake that many stories do. I loved that you told the story of the entire Weasley family, and not just Harry.

I also loved that the aftermath is far from being 'sunshine and daisies' immediately after the final battle. I enjoyed the realism of the relationship between Harry and Ginny, taking into account the hurt of being left behind for Ginny and Harry's total alienation of any normal relationship, leading to him being confused, hurt or even screwing up himself. That did make your characters more human. It was very well done. You also did that for the others. Special kudos for your take on Charlie, Percy and Bill.

As an example of what I consider to be excellent storytelling, one touch I particularly was impressed with was the moment when Charlie goes to rouse Ron, only to be pinned to the ground, a wand at his throat. That was a veyr clever touch, to show them as 'damaged' in a way that can't be solved over night.

On the whole, an excellent story, and I will go on and check the rest of your fics, now.
TheProphetBVB chapter 42 . 2/17/2015
I do hope we'll see the sequel to this soon.
Lathlaer chapter 42 . 1/23/2015
While I genuinely enjoyed reading this fic (to the point where I read it all in one sitting), I am somewhat disappointed that Harry didn't tell Ginny about the last Horcrux. It's pretty important and I would've loved to see your take on her reaction to this piece of news.

I particularly liked the scenes when the Weasley children where bonding over Fred's death (reminiscing Fred, telling funny stories etc).
Ten-Thousand-Lilies chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
Wow, this is the best intro to a pots-final battle fic I've ever read! It sounds really canon and the writing is superb. I cant wait to read more.
kankusan chapter 42 . 1/3/2015
Hi! *waving with both hands* FINALLY, I get to finish reading this wonderfulness! Finally, no more interruptions and postponements! Seriously, is life just...annoying, or what? *sigh* But I'm so glad to be here again, and I will get straight to the point: this story is simply wonderful! Really, hon, this is an emotional masterpiece. You have explored the aftermath of the war with honesty, grittiness, heart-feltedness (that is so a word), and even humor. You have given real thought to what these people would actually be going through in real life...and the painful reality of their respective situations comes through loud and clear. Watching Harry and Ginny learn to be together, to trust each other, to act as a /couple/...you have truly brought them and their struggles to life. And the sex scenes? *faint* Brilliant! So gritty and realistic; so romantic, but not the least bit Hollywood (and I mean that in a good way, believe me). I felt deeply for Harry throughout the story as he tried to pick up the pieces of his life and move on. And Mum, and George, and all the rest of the family...so touching, all of it. I love the way you've ended with hope and a bright future. They have been through so much, but all will be well for them again. Your writing is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so glad to hear you have plans to continue in this vein! Thank you so much for treating us to this story! Congratulations on an awesome finish, and best wishes for all of your writerly aspirations to come! *mwah!*
Devi2509 chapter 37 . 10/25/2014
I cannot believe they finally fucked took them long enough
Btw ur book is amazing
EvilSamurai chapter 42 . 10/11/2014
I just wanted to complement you on your portrayal of the entire Weasley clan. A mixture of teasing, horseplay and blackmail but all lighthearted and simply an outward sign of the love that's there. Too often when stories focus on this period of war reconstruction they take one of two paths; either the characters all get over their sadness within two chapters and everyone is happy and every minor character falls in love with one another, or they take the sadness too far, driving Harry or the Weasleys into a pit of despair so deep they never climb out and one begins to wonder why no one is attempting suicide. I love seeing a story with a more realistic approach where the characters can be sad, but reconize that life goes on as they help each other heal. Can't wait to see a follow up to this piece.
miscellaneouschemistry chapter 42 . 9/21/2014
I am so sad that I have reached the end of this work, I want it to keep going! This is the first fan fiction I've read that actually made me cry, the chapter on Fred's funeral was absolutely heart wrenching and perfect.
Everything was beautifully written and characterized. I'm especially enamored with what you did with Charlie and Percy; I have a soft spot for Percy and love that you made him human and gave him a bit more depth than he had in the books. I would have preferred to see a bit more of George considering a large portion of this fic was concerned with how the family was dealing with Fred's death. It seemed as though toward the end George was on the mend but I feel like I was left hanging a bit.
I also would have liked a bit more insight into the Ron&Hermione relationship but I understand that this was a Weasley-centered and Ginny/Harry fic (and I guess I'm just being a bit greedy wanting to see each an every relationship fleshed out).
On Harry: I think he is probably the most difficult of all HP characters to write as we know so much about him and how he thinks. I was really impressed with how you wrote him, it seemed true to form for me. His struggle to love and be loved and the reasons behind his awkwardness were spot-on and meaningful.
I think you did an astounding job of keeping this fic as true to cannon as possible while also making it your own. Officially in my head-cannon. Thank you for the amazing (and emotional!) read. It's the first I've read of yours and I can't wait to start on the others you have posted here.
potterschick chapter 42 . 9/4/2014
This was a beautifully written story. I think you kept your characters pretty close to authentic and their emotions were so genuine. It took me back to my first time and all the emotions surrounding that decision and the heartache of going away to college and leaving someone behind. I love how you ended it. I naturally could have read pages and pages more (and have in your other fic's), but it was just a beautiful ending place for this story.
Job really well done!
Lioness1988 chapter 42 . 9/3/2014
I enjoyed the plot and your characterizations. Your work was well written, and the narrative illustrated the emotions beautifully. Thank you.
1,183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »