Reviews for Darker Shade of Pale
Arw165 chapter 12 . 7/10/2015
Really REALLY good story, definitely one of my favourites. Quite long, but easy to read, not tiring at all. More fics like this, please.
SuperVikinggirl chapter 12 . 2/8/2014
Really great story. Loved how you pulled the Fae in. And I thought you did a great job with the Fae! Thanks so very much for the story!
emebalia chapter 12 . 1/12/2014
Some intense stuff you got here. I really enjoyed the ride and I'm happy for Dean that he can close this chapter for good.
renniespice chapter 12 . 1/7/2014
Thoroughly enjoyed and thank you and your beta for an excellent story! I shall look forward to your next one.
renniespice chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
Excellent chapter. Look forward to chapter 12 yet I'm sad because it looks like this story is coming to an end.
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 12 . 1/5/2014
This was great, really, it was fantastic. You got the characters down perfectly (IMO). And your villian was extra scary because he "really" exists. Plus he took some real unexpected twists and turns that were riveting and kept everything interesting.

And now, for my daughter's peace of mind...I am done with Slender man!

;D
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 11 . 1/5/2014
Yay! The big bad is dead!
Like I said before, I know nothing about Slenderman except the very basic facts. I think your solution (Splendorman) was wonderful! I found it to be a very creative idea since I don't know if he also Exists in lore or not (and my 14 year old has warned me away from looking up anything to do with Slenderman or Creepypasta) so I guess I'll just have to accept the story as written!
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 10 . 1/5/2014
Yep, that what I figured. Poor Dean.
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 8 . 1/5/2014
Poor Dean, he's never gonna get over the humiliation (as he sees it) of a faerie getting the better of him for so long is he? But I love the way you showed thru Sam that getting over something is a whole lot easier said than done.
And kudos on the way you have kept whatever Slendy did to Dean that night so vague. Not knowing for sure is so much more disturbing than comforting because my imagination is just running amok with theories/ideas...all of them horrible.
need2no chapter 12 . 1/5/2014
It's a cold snowy day here. So I picked this fic and started reading. Start to finish, without stopping. This is one of the scariest fics I've read in a long time. Really. And very well written. Congratulations on a wonderfully entertaining story. I've just added you to my "follow" list.
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 7 . 1/5/2014
Are you telling me that Dean has been sitting a potential albeit unproven solution for years? Maybe Sam does need to kick his butt. Then I again if I read correctly this info didn't come available until after his run in with Slendy the night Sam left right? He Dean wouldn't have had a reason or opportunity to use it since then. And I got a feeling that Sam has going to get very angry with his big brother for keeping info (important info) that was in The journal from him.
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 6 . 1/5/2014
Oh no! I guess that even though he couldn't get into Sam's head that didn't mean Slendy couldn't get Sam himself. I know Dean must be freaking (and blaming himself) but I gotta say I love the confidence that Sam is showing in him when he tells Slendy that big brother is gonna kick his ass for hurting babybro.

Maybe that's all it would have taken all along? For Slendy to make the mistake all the other big bads make...hurt someone Dean cares about more than himself, which in my opinion is just about anybody and everybody else.
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 5 . 1/5/2014
Oh dear! This is scary. My heart is breaking for poor young Dean, what he must have gone through all those years and not be able to tell anyone or ask for help. And like Sam I'm not really sure I want to know what Slendy did to Dean the night Sam left. And did Dean disappear right in front of John that night? How can John not know something is/was seriously wrong then?
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
Well there goes the 'not seeing the same thing' theory. But nice twist on having Slendy keep Dean alive as a means to get to Sam, since his powers do not seem to have any effect on Sam himself.
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 2 . 1/5/2014
Oh dang...Dean disappeared right in front of Sam? And Sam couldn't see Slenderman? I'm starting to think they are NOT seeing the same thing.
(Don't feel the need to respond, I'm just mostly talking to myself, speculating if you will, on what's going on or what will happen next).