Reviews for Dark thoughts
Avezrix125689 chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Gotta say, I'm the opposite. I tend to be able to write very well. But it takes me quite a while to come up with a good premise. Either way, good ideas. I like your item descriptions especially, they have the delicious edge of hiding something from you.
RPGNerd chapter 27 . 7/10/2014
Hey Blight, you are the exact opposite of a pathetic author, you're a great one! So what if you can only write short stories, they're amazing! You are probably one of the most, if not the most respected member in this community! You brought us together and have helped many of us with your ideas and you have shared them openly, helping many new struggling authors, and giving them ideas to build off of! You are a pillar and an anchor in this community, and it will be a shame to see this come to an end. Just remember, you are NOT alone. You have friends here and we will help in any way that we can. I praise the sun for you, and hope whatever is wrong gets better. \[T]/
ASouffleToServeTwo chapter 27 . 7/10/2014
Blight, there are people on this site who are pathetic, and you are NOT one of them. I think we all know who I'm talking about here... Dude, what's got you down? Do you feel discouraged by how you perceive your writing? Well, you shouldn't. I respect you deeply for how well you write stories considering that English is your second language. Trust me, you write English better than some people in my school... and its their FIRST LANGUAGE. If you took offense from the whole pronoun thingy in Denizens, that was just me paying homage to your style, I promise it wasn't a jab at your grammar or anything :/ Your friends are all here, buddy, and we always will be, so if you want to hit me with anything, please do so any time! I'll be at school for about 12 hours but when I get back, we'll talk :D Cheer up!
EarthScraper chapter 27 . 7/10/2014
Pathetic author? Jesus H Blight, so what if you aren't on the same level as George RR Martin, you are still a great author in your own right.

And more importantly, you're a great person. And if you can put your mind to it, you could easily do a short novel, it's the road to improvement after all that may be tough, but the rewards will be oh so sweet.

Dude, build on some of your ideas, put them into stories, and the praise and criticism you receive will help you on the road to becoming whatever you want.

C'mon blight, you're practically the pillar of the community here. It's not like you are on your own out here.

I know what people say about this site. It's full of losers etc etc. Don't get me wrong, some of these sections are full of losers who write because they have no ability to interact in social situations.

I came here to improve because my future job will involve writing a full story for video games.

And I couldn't have keep bothering if it wasn't for this great community you have brought together. Never did I expect to have so many people to talk with on this site.

All thanks to you.

So thank you my sun bro, because with out you, and some other people around here, I would've given up a long time ago.

Want one of us to help you in a story? 2 words,

Private message!
Leider Hosen chapter 27 . 7/10/2014
Those are good ideas, they really are great alternate endings and worthy of replacing the "sit on throne to win" ending, but I'm afraid you missed something.

Once again you headed the story with another disclaimer on how bad you are as an author and how writing isn't even worth it. That is wrong. that is dead wrong. English is a second language, you can't help that, it isn't a "fault" to feel upset about. Besides, your English may not be the best, but you're getting better. It's like anything worthwhile, slow-going and progressive but with every story you see a change for the better.

And besides, being able to spell everything 1000% perfect and using big "intelligent" words is not what makes an author, anyone with a dictionary can do that! You need creativity and good ideas, you need support and people whom your work speaks to, and you need to be willing to concede to your limits but try your damnedest to help others with all the advice you can give. You have all of that!

You are overflowing with great ideas and everything else you need to be a splendid writer, and beyond what you write let's look at what you did. Let's see, not much.

Nothing really, except you exposed several aspiring authors to one another's work, you inspired many with your hints and tips on writing, you instilled the sense we are all unified with a common interest and hobby, and to add to that your Dark Thoughts has become the model of collaborations.

YOU HAVE FORGED THE STRONGEST, MOST CLOSELY CONNECTED COMMUNITY IN ALL OF FANFICTON, EVERYONE HERE RESPECTS YOU TO A DEGREE TO RIVAL THE GODDAMN PRESIDENT, AND SPAWNED WHO KNOWS HOW MANY IDEAS FOR FANFICTION AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH YOU ENCOURAGED ALL OF US TO HELP ONE ANOTHER AND AS A DIRECT RESULT THE NUMBER OF POSITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS, EVEN FROM THE CYNICAL PARAGONEMIL HAVE GONE UP EXPONENTIALLY. Remind me, what makes you a "pathetic author" exactly?
Long Goner chapter 27 . 7/6/2014
Wat.
Yo mama so UGLY, that when I cast Pursuers on her, they came BACK!
Yo mama so FAT, if Dark Souls had a world map, she would appear on it!
Yo mama so FAT, Smough said "You need a diet."
Yo mama so FAT, that when she walked the Abyss, she broke it.
Yo mama so DUMB, Gough seems smart! Oh wait...
Yo mama so UGLY, that you seem pretty!
Yo mama so POOR, she used the starting set the whole game!
These jokes are so BAD, we should go back to writing Fiction!
Leider Hosen chapter 26 . 6/16/2014
Sound interesting, though I'm pretty sure the men of the blight wouldn't be phased by the clerics (when i play the game Targray WILL die, everytime- preferably with my Mastodon Greatsword shoved up his arse)
Mr Selfish chapter 25 . 6/15/2014
This is a pretty good read that an author should take into account when naming their characters.

Onto Bloodborne. I don't know what to think of it. It's either the stupidest idea in the world that Sony plans to have this release as a PS4 exclusive, or an ingenious plan to boost sales. I'm probably not going to get it since I've strictly played on the PC for a little over ten years now... But hey, good luck to Hidetaka Miyazaki and his team. Hopefully they learn from Dark Souls 2 and don't include Soul Memory into their game.
Long Goner chapter 24 . 6/8/2014
"More weapons/spells/armour sets are never a bad thing..."
Dark Bead and Pursuers disagree
Mr Selfish chapter 24 . 6/5/2014
I'm going to agree with you on this one Blight, it's far too early for a DLC. From a lore perspective, this is awesome... we have more material to work with. But from a gameplay perspective, this could be ruinous. From is already having problems balancing what they currently have in the game, how are they going to balance more weapons / spells / mechanics? We'll see.
Tokyo Express chapter 24 . 6/4/2014
The DLC has me excited honestly. I could not care less if it appeases the hard core/veteran players of Dark Souls.

I never really cared about the 'difficulty' of Dark Souls, the games only caught my interest due to the gameplay and the hidden lore. Which both games are amazing to me in. Most of the problems most player complain about never really affected me that much.

This DLC has to only offer new lore to work with for my role play( I only make a build if it has a theme to it, so I never make say a medieval knight with a katana sort of of thing). It also has to offer weapons, armor, spell, items, etc. If it has those, then I'm sold. Interesting new or even old areas would be nice touch too.
Varbos chapter 25 . 5/12/2014
As I don't feel my last review accurataly convaide my meaning. I am not against this happening, I myself shall simply not read it as it is not my style.
Varbos chapter 24 . 5/12/2014
I'll sit that one out. I personaly don't much care for dark fantacy. Bittersweet, i do, sorrowful, i do. I just like some amount of dignity and honor, like Miyazaki this has everything to do with my personal tastes and do not wish to retract from your fun. I mearly wish to inform you that I shall not be reading these myself, but have a ball. On another note I'm almost done with my next poem.
Leider Hosen chapter 25 . 5/12/2014
The benefit of taking your time is showing very well, these "snapshots" are only short glimpses of what you're capable of, and teaching them to others who are struggling is commendable as ever :3
Leider Hosen chapter 24 . 5/9/2014
Well, count me in! I love dark fantasy, i actually completed a full novel recently and i feel such a project would be great to see. If you want/need any prodding from me, feel free to ask- I can whip up some mean weapons and bosses :3
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »