Reviews for Hand in Hand
lilacmermaid33 chapter 14 . 1/19/2014
Great chapter! I'm glad that Will finally confided in Mac, and I love her insistence about never being afraid of him. This is such a huge fear for him, but I love that he trusts her and that her confidence is what helps to reassure him.

This story isn't over, I hope? I've really enjoyed it!
lilacmermaid33 chapter 13 . 1/19/2014
Lovely chapter! I love how nervous Will is, and that it's completely unfounded.
lilacmermaid33 chapter 12 . 1/18/2014
With everything that's happened in the last couple days, no wonder Mac forgot they were going to London! I had actually forgotten as well!
lilacmermaid33 chapter 11 . 1/18/2014
SO GOOD!

I love the whole conversation about evening the score ... they've spent far too much time talking about who deserves what and how much each person is to blame, and they just can't keep doing that if they're ever going to move forward.

I love how they're able to work through their insecurities together! ;)
lilacmermaid33 chapter 10 . 1/18/2014
I love that just because they're engaged now, it isn't magically going to be easy overnight. I love that they're both committed to making things work, because it's important, even if it is sometimes going to be difficult.
lilacmermaid33 chapter 9 . 1/18/2014
I really like that you return to the issue of Will being antidepressants ... for me that was a big moment in season one, Mac being all upset when she found out he was taking them, so I like seeing that topic come back.

And I love that what upsets Mac the most has so little to do with their personal lives, and everything to do with the trust and rapport they've always had at work. I love that this is what hurts the most.
lilacmermaid33 chapter 8 . 1/18/2014
Yay for you using Rebecca in this! I can't say I enjoy them being in legal trouble, but I do like her as a character, and hardly anyone else uses her in fic.

And what a creative way for the voicemail to come out! I'm a little surprised that Mac's response to all this new information is to take a step back, rather than to start yelling at him, but I'm interested to see where you go with this!
lilacmermaid33 chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
It's sad to see Will keeping something from Mac, but I like that he at least admits it ... I can't say I like Mac telling Sloan about it, though. Their friendship is growing on me, though I haven't always enjoyed it, but this seems like the kind of thing that Will really would want kept private.
lilacmermaid33 chapter 6 . 1/18/2014
I love that Mac stands her ground on this ... it's lovely seeing him be all caring and protective, but it absolutely has to work both ways with these two, so I'm glad he listens to her.
lilacmermaid33 chapter 5 . 1/18/2014
I love *everything* about this conversation. His emotions and concerns are real, valid issues, but I love that they even have this conversation, rather than one of them jumping to some wrong conclusion and storming off. Because Mac's right, it does need to be special, and I'm glad that Will listens and understands ... (I think you could even make the case that waiting a little while wouldn't be a terrible idea, but nobody in this fandom seems to be leaning in that direction, so this is a good compromise!).
lilacmermaid33 chapter 4 . 1/18/2014
I love seeing Will surprise Mac with all these special guests he's booked! I always enjoy when they bond over work things like this, rather than traditional gifts of jewelry or something, because I think this actually matters more to both of them, and it sets them apart from other ships in other fandoms.
lilacmermaid33 chapter 3 . 1/18/2014
I'm hoping season three won't focus much on the aftermath of Genoa, but I like reading different takes on it, and I especially like the plan Will lays out here.

Love the ending!
lilacmermaid33 chapter 2 . 1/17/2014
As much as we all want them to go home together after the broadcast, I like that they care more about their show than themselves. And I love how we all insist that the proposal was perfect just as is!
lilacmermaid33 chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
FINALLY catching up on some reviews, including this story...

I love that Mac's first instinct is to keep her worries to herself, but then she allows herself to rely on Will, and to voice her fears with him in a way she probably didn't do enough last time.

And I LOVE protective!Jim :)
Jacks in my head chapter 14 . 11/16/2013
I am glad Will told Mac about his nightmare and with his childhood could understand why he would have them. I am not surprised he hasn't told Dr Habib. Oh Will...