Reviews for FW 1946: UXB
Veve chapter 40 . 10/2/2017
This is a wonderful story! I just discovered the show.
I love it, I have read this story several times. Too bad it's not done.
No matter I love it.
Guest chapter 41 . 12/15/2016
Looking forward to Andrew's visit and finally getting to Lyminster. I do hope you find the inspiration to continue.
Guest chapter 41 . 12/4/2016
Thanks very much for your kind reviews! I certainly do intend to continue the story, as soon as time and inspiration permit. At present I'm managing about 3 words every other day. ;o)
~ Wolseley37
Guest chapter 41 . 12/3/2016
Really have enjoyed this vignette of this favorite couple-to the point of actually writing in this review section, a first. I see it is not completed yet. Any plans to continue?
gibbsgalsa chapter 41 . 11/2/2016
Sorry to see this end! What a great piece of writing. I don't think of Sam and Foyle as an item, but this is done excellently and the writing is fantastic to make it very pausable. I love all the parts with Foyle and Jack . WOULD love to see Sundays lunch with Foyle Jack and Andrew (who in the story was less annoying then what I found him in the show) I also have to say I loved the last mature chapters... Wow. I can totally see that those chapters would go that way and they were very well written! Awesome writing. Would love for more ;)
Caliphia chapter 41 . 9/16/2016
Anthony Horrowitz isn't going to write any Foyle books (he responded nicely, but negatively, alas, to my tweeted question asking if he would), so it's too bad this excellent work cannot be published.

I've thought about what it is that is so attractive about the character of Christopher Foyle (Michael Kitchen being so appealing aside) and it is that he is a calm, intelligent and comforting presence in a time of war.

Patton Oswalt, an American comedian and actor who lost his dear wife suddenly in her sleep, tweeted last May: "I am truly thankful for: still having episodes of FOYLE'S WAR to watch while I crawl out of this nightmare." Finding my way out of nightmares in my own life, Oswalt's tweet still resonates with me deeply. I think many of us would like to have a DSC Foyle in our own lives.

Several of the writers here are so good that they have not only satisfied my need for more of that steady and calming presence, but have given new depth to the Foyle's War episodes as I watch them again.

Thank you all.
Elisa chapter 19 . 9/15/2016
Wow. This is amazingly well written, and researched. Just finished chapter 19. Just. Wow.
bloghey131313 chapter 41 . 8/27/2016
I completely binge read your story all in one sitting which was insane but YOUR STORY IS INSANE! It's so good I can't believe it. I can't even put all the feelings this story gave me into words. It's positively BRILLIANT and so incredibly well-written that I'm just sitting here in pure awe. Kudos to you for such a fantastic story!
Crazee19 chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
Having only been a recent convert to fanfic thanks to the delightful MK who has popped up over the years in plays and films and now this genre. I can only reiterate what all the other reviewers have said about your wonderful UXB story. Sad, funny, romantic, sexy. Foyle's letters from the Front are particularly resonant as we remember 1st July 1916 Battle of the Somme. my own grandfather was buried up to his neck in mud and chalk after a blast and had his friend not risked his life to come back and dig him out, my Mum, brothers, sons and grandchildren and I would not be here in July 2016. My Grandad limped for the rest of his life but he was one of the lucky ones. Sadly his friend wasn't.
I hope your story continues ...
NatesDate chapter 41 . 1/29/2016
Just finished this story for the 2nd time and I hope we'll eventually see more of their story. Thanks for sharing!
fitzgeraldsmt chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
Dear author, what a whirlwind! Just finished this whole story and enjoyed it very much. Not sure what else to say other than Thankyou.
Daniella Harwood chapter 41 . 12/10/2015
I've recently discovered the Foyle's war section, after being a lifelong fan of the show, and now addicted to the stories here. At first I found the pairing of Christopher and Samantha difficult to believe, but everyone has won me over with the sheer romance and brilliance of writing.

I'm really enjoying this story, its so well written, romantic and in character. I love the journey they have taken and the moments at LaChance's resturant, particularly with with Jack, that evening made me imagine how he and Andrew would get on. This evening with Reids was really good too, it was a shame Hugh didn't feature more often.

I hope you are able to continue the story soon, its so lovely to read that I'm doing so again just to savour it one more time.
Guest chapter 41 . 7/10/2015
Beautifully done,as always!Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
sherlock1921 chapter 41 . 7/10/2015
Hooray! Another chapter of this wonderful saga to relish. i think I told you a while ago that I adore the character Hugh Reid and always want to read more about him. you have done a truly wonderful job of depicting him and his friendship with Foyle. That's not to say that I would put it above any other portrayal of him, this is your take on him and it suits your story so well. It was lovely to see the way that Foyle is slowly coming to terms with his true feeling for Sam, loved the conversation about the fish! I always thought he looked adorable as he stood at Sam's door offering her fish instead of flowers! Such a lot to take in I will be reading again and again. looking forward to the next update!

BD chapter 41 . 7/9/2015
Thanks so much for another lovely installment, always a treat to read your work. Especially enjoyed the idea of Foyle spotting Truman. They are, without a doubt, two of my very favorite and best dressed 1940s men!