Reviews for Empty Tomorrow
Shika.Tot chapter 1 . 11/26
Ug. That was so heart breaking and yet so happy at the end. It had a very Donnie Dark dark vibe that in the end makes the best stories.
wanderlust.xo chapter 1 . 11/17
WOW Great story! :D I kinda wish I read that other story you were talking about so I could read the angst then come here for a happy ending. I cannot tell you though how much of an emotional rollercoaster this piece was lol. In the beginning I read your note about a happy ending and when I was in the middle and they were talking about a skeleton I was like "NO NO YOU SAID THIS WASN'T A DEATH FIC. YOU CANNOT PULL THIS ON ME" Hahaha. Also wally was a manipulative af with the line about "he was probably waiting for you to rescue him" like omg ouch. Anyway, great job again!
Nightmare in between chapter 1 . 11/4
This is a very haunting piece of work and different to your usual style, but I very much enjoyed it. Some beautiful descriptions of emotions and Wally was so wonderfully written.
SpiderLily chapter 1 . 10/30
WOW! What a fantastic haunting story! Thank you for the happy ending. I think I would have drowned in tears if this ended up being a character-death-fic...
By the way, I absolutely LOVE your writing style!
Biancachu chapter 1 . 10/22
This was an incredible read. You have a talent for writing fics
Cutie0612 chapter 1 . 9/30
You know except for the part when I almost cried i really enjoyed this
Rey chapter 1 . 8/27
I don't normally review stories, but this story has haunted me for a while. I have to confess to having nightmares over and over again about this story, which has never happened before. Wally might have forgotten the image of a small, white skeleton, but it's been haunting me for a while. I keep coming back to read it, despite the darkness, simply to remind myself of the happy ending.

Everything about this disturbing oneshot was utterly memorable. Despite him having around three lines in the whole thing, you can really see how the whole superhero community relies on Robin. I love the little things about Wally - like the hangover, and the fact that he's shocked that Batman's shaking his hand, just as much as the big things. But what really made me fall in love with your Wally was the fact that he never let go of Robin.
Batman's character was perfect, and him cradling robin's skeleton made me cry. Just saying.
Anyways... you're evil for writing such a heartbreaking little story. Thanks.
anonymous chapter 1 . 8/20
Oh my god I remember reading the story that this was inspired from on tumblr, that fic was so painful and messed me up so much. I prefer what you've written way more than the original one, thanks for actually providing an ending that didn't leave me feeling like someone had ripped out my soul.
My Golden Wings chapter 1 . 5/16
First, let me say that this is well-written. Now...

This is one of those fanfics I regret reading. I am so glad you forgot what the fanfic you read is called, because I would be insane enough to go read it despite knowing that it is more disturbing than this fic.

I hate this fic, but for all the right reasons. You wrote this brilliantly. But I hate it. I quickly realized that I would actually find this fic disturbing, and so I did my best to skim and only read the dialogue. I still was disturbed, so you got that point down. It's not often that a story actually disturbs me, so congrats. You know, one of the reasons this is so awful is likely due to there being actual cases of people going missing for years on end and the family never finds closure. This really got me to feel the pain that those people feel, even though this is fiction. But I think that is the point I was just making, that there is terrible truth in this story; it is not all fiction, people do die the way Robin dies in this, and people do suffer the way Wally does.

I have read plenty of fics with 'disturbing subject matter,' but this is one of those few, maybe just six or seven, if that, that have scarred my mind.

When the Wally was talking to the medium, I kept thinking that (because you said this wasn't a death fic, which it pretty much is) either she is: looking into Robin's mind as he is held captive somewhere; or, an impostor, sent there by whoever took Robin to torment Wally. That second one became my conclusion by the end of their conversation.

Ugh! And if I knew this was a time travel fic... never would have read it. I hate time-travel fics with a passion because I hate thinking about time. I especially hate thinking about how time travel would even work without screwing things up. I also hate it when a character goes missing and/or is in pain for more than about two months.

In summary, this disturbed me, particularly because it includes several things that I hate most in stories: long disappearances, pain, death of a character I'm to which I'm attached, and time travel.

Conclusion: I will never read this story again. Never. But you wrote it damn well.

(Sorry, I'm tired, so this review might be a bit messy.)
Alphabunnie chapter 1 . 5/6
I've held off writing a review for this story because I love it too much, but also because to this day, this story still haunts me. Thank God you gave the story a happy ending, with out that... I just don't want to think about that. The years KF spent searching, his unflinching resolve and dedication, and then that tiny skeleton... Horror, crushing despair, anger. I was right there with him. Anyways, a masterpiece of a story. Also in case I never reviewed it your other story "Of monsters and men" is one of my absolute favorite stories of all time. Thanks for writing, I do love Birdflash so much. If you're ever looking for a plot bunny, hit me up, I've got tons! :-D
I am a Detective chapter 1 . 4/5
bcajkgbvsvknlgbv\hskjbvlas/bvjl! You made me have the feels. too many feels. wow
Foneedue chapter 1 . 4/1
I love this story´╝ü
Alexandria-likethecityinEgypt chapter 1 . 3/27
I am such a freaking masochist! Why? Why do I come back to this story every so long and reread it? WHY do I sob and cry like a baby ALL the way through it EVERY time I do? Because I'm a freaking masochist, that's why!
This is so intense, i love happy ending after all Wally has been trough
ariespeach chapter 1 . 2/11
This is a wonderful work! I cried several times throughout the whole story, and couldn't stop smiling with tears for the last part. I really love Wally for everything he has done for his best friend.
I felt healed by the way it ended, and thanks very much for such a heartbreaking and sweet story. So, may I have your permission to translate it into Chinese? We'll certainly credit you properly.