Reviews for The Heavens Shall Tremble
sirbruno95 chapter 23 . 5/24
So, after reading The Heavens Shall Tremble, along with its prequel, non stop for most of last and this week, I've got some things to review and some others to say.

First, is the story good? For the most parts, it is if you're into the Mass Effect lore. The beginning is a little rough and hard to follow but you get used to it if you're willing.

Are there good characters? For the most parts, yes. There are the obvious characters from the Mass Effect games that don't change all that much except for some more screen time. A good example would be Kaidan or Anderson. Then there are others that were minor if not useless characters from side quests that get some more development or even important role. The example for this one would be Charr who's only a dead Krogan from the rachni mission on Mass Effect 3. Then there are the main ones from the games that get completely remade to fit a role in the story. The obvious one is Jak whose whole character is remade to fit the story narrative, not that it is a bad thing.

Is the plot any good? The start is quite weak, if I'm being honest. The only reason I kept pushing was because I was desperate for more Mass Effect after playing the whole trilogy. But it gets good with the realistic portrayal of galactic war, and some plot twist are really good. What really bugged me was that the first 3 to 5 chapters of the sequel were mostly just a recap of the prequel, and for someone who jumped from it to this one that was really irksome. If they offered more than just the recap and some minor world building, I would had been okay with them. Now, the real downside to this story, the grammar. GODDAMN the grammar! I mean, most of the time is okay, but by the end of the prequel it gets really distracting how bad the grammar was becoming, I though I might as well give up if it didn't get better. Luckily, it did. But I would seriously contemplate the idea of getting a new beta if all of this was vetted. If not then consider getting one. Might do you good to go back to those chapter and fixing some of those.

So, do I recommended this story? It depends. If you came here for some Tali/Shepard, you ain't getting none yet. There's some building to their relationship and they already confessed to one another, but that's it. There's very little interaction between them as of right now besides the ones I mentioned and Full-Paragon said he/she won't be updating till he/she finished the whole story first. If you're here for a remake of the Mass Effect campaign, then this two aren't the story for you yet. The whole story starts 30 years prior to Mass Effect 1, and it takes its time to tell what happened in those 30 years, and the story got left right before we really got into the Trilogy plot. It's there, just not as much as one would hope. If you're hoping to read a Shepard is our God and Savior, then I'd said wait a little while longer. Shepard is as much of a background character as any other. The main character in this story is the universe and how it develops. If you're here to read a story heavy on characters and world building that tries to be its own thing, then yes, you might give this two a try.

What I wanted to know from Full-Paragon is if now that Mass Effect Andromeda came out, will you use it as material? Cause I don't plan on playing it anytime soon so I might be lost or the references might fly over my head. Also, by how you wrote your last AN and the time that has passed since the last update, I though you died in that operation. Why not make an update on the fact that you're alive, in a literal sense, and working on some chapters?
Alkeni chapter 23 . 5/13
I love this fic and this series. If you ever feel up to finishing it or adding more, I hope to read it. Thank you for writing what you have of it.
Alkeni chapter 18 . 5/12
Interesting concept for Morinth.
Alkeni chapter 16 . 5/12
"I found myself a nicknamer" I LOVE that line.
Alkeni chapter 14 . 5/12
Bah flumphbug, stupid people on both sides.
Alkeni chapter 13 . 5/12
Makes sense to me that TIM won't test as indoctrinated. He probably wasn't completely so until the very end. Just... ever so slowly influenced.
Alkeni chapter 6 . 5/12
"Now would be a good time to start falsifying your reports." Noice.
Alkeni chapter 3 . 5/12
Oooh. This will be fun. Both of them getting visions. And I was just wondering about an AU where Garrus was the one who got the Reaper vision somehow. I like it.
ATP chapter 23 . 4/17
Merry Easter
CReaper210 chapter 23 . 4/9
Just read through this entire series. It's really cool and I want more. But it's been about a year and a half so I guess it's abandoned?
Does anyone know what happened to him? Did he die?
ShadowSoldiers chapter 23 . 4/6
Such a wanderful and amazing story. I hope you are ok even if it's been two years since your last update saying you had serious helth problems. If you can read this you did great. If not then Rest In Peace Full Pargon
Did something bad Happen?
Get well soon.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/13/2016
An update would be great, kinda getting worried.
The Fanatic Of Stuff chapter 1 . 12/3/2016
hey its been over a year and I'm sure that other's are worried too that we haven't heard from you so if you can just put a little message up or something so we know your okay that would be nice