Reviews for The Heavens Shall Tremble
Unreet chapter 1 . 6/29
It seems like Shepard is going to be a very minor character in this story.
Greatazuredragon chapter 22 . 6/18
Very nice chapter, good work.
ShinigamiMaster chapter 22 . 6/17
Hey if civ 5 is how you research then i won't judge. Nice battlestroke plan with Talid. This storyline continues to impress.
RheasHelm chapter 22 . 6/17
Anderson trying to have a serious talk with Grunt and get useful information out of him was hilarious.
But I found the issue of slavery and the Batarians confusing. At one point it sounded like the League was using slave labour, even if indirectly, but later it appeared as if those might had been former slaves.
The battle was well done, I liked the different POVs and how the opposing commanders viewed what was going on through the lens of past experiences and what they could see. The Krogan sneering at the "cowardly" retreating Salarian and Asari ships was a highlight.
MarketCrash chapter 22 . 6/15
Where is the Terran home fleets?
OMAC001 chapter 22 . 6/15
Seeing a war progress during Shepard's mission really brings up the urgency! Can't wait to see more!
V-rcingetorix chapter 22 . 6/15
On War is a fantastic work. The chapters on defending a mountain might be beneficial for a ground battle on the batarian homeworld; Clausewitz was pretty good at monitoring team spirit too. Batarians with enthusiasm certainly would be a formidable force ...

Joram Talid, eh? Never figured him as a military strategist, even if he was turian. Good ploy; Julius Caesar was a master tactician with a penchant for politics.

Love the research you're putting into this!
Morbious20 chapter 22 . 6/15
Great chapter
BJ Hanssen chapter 22 . 6/15
Your research pays off. You have some of the best space battle scenes I've seen across ME fanfiction.
delphinous chapter 22 . 6/15
i really like the strategy you are employing in this story. if you want some good books that do an amazing job of showing pace combat and tactics in an environment restricted by the speed of light and time lags, read the "the lost fleet" series by Jack Campbell.
Krims0n chapter 22 . 6/15
Great chapter as usual, really enjoying the space battles; I really can't get enough of those.

To be honest attacking Khar'shan might not be the greatest of the possible places to attack, first off the amount of soldiers on-site, ground to orbital defense weapons and the local population might not take too kindly to a invasion of the actual planet itself. The ground invasion might turn into a planet sized Stalingrad sucking up tons of Council forces and resources which would dramatically slow down their invasion of League space.

With Council forces on Khar'shan and if they manage to hold it the entire war against a League counterattack, the Reapers seem to be waiting just beyond Batarian space as they seemed intent on coming through the Alpha relay in the Bahak system so if the Reapers decide to pop in the first people who would see them would be nearby Council forces.

I'm really hoping that Council/League will stop the Alpha relay though I'm sure you a pretty cool idea for that already in mind.
Quathis chapter 22 . 6/15
Galaxy is getting bloodier while a very percentage actually try to keep sentient life on the galaxy moving forward to stop the Reapers. Glad to see they at least have the right idea. Until next time.
How-not-to-do-something chapter 22 . 6/15
Grunts being childish. No suprise there. Close cooperation between agents of sworn enemies? In the face of annialation such petty things like politics must take a backseat.

Weyrloc guld is the man in charge eh? Interesting. To organize, rule, and most importantly survive both a krogan clan and a galaxy spanning mercenary network takes a careful mix of brawns and brains. Qualities perfectly suited towards running an occupied zone.

The way you described Khar shan reminds me stongly of post WW2 Germany. The League areas parallel the western zone of calculated rebuilding to make a loyal or at least compliant bastion, while the Council's are like the soviets in making a satellite state thats a colony in all but name. Nice job on that.

I think you did alright on the space battle. The thing is we humans simply aren't used to thinking in three dimensions. Even comparing terminology to naval concepts isnt really best suited to getting a good idea. A good chunk of this is by necessity "made up". All one can really do is crunch the data and make a decent approximation.

In the end: shorter in length, greater in impact. This pleases me.
Poliamida chapter 22 . 6/15
Great chapter, I really like your space battles.
Parselmaster chapter 22 . 6/15
I rather enjoy it when the authors of work that I enjoy put research into their work... Why, it may very well be part of why I like that work!

Thanks!