Reviews for Last Minute Decisions
Adelled chapter 1 . 5/6
Sweet.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
My favorite of all the wedding stories. Lovely.
mspteach chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
I needed something tonight, a little sweet something ...this was perfectly perfect! A fictional wedding shouldn't have meant so much but, silly me, it did ... and this was perfect!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Your work is always delightful and always appreciated.
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Ever so lovely... Adored the flash back to those earrings. Simply beautiful!
razztaztic chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
Lovely episode tag!
delia84 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
Confession: I may or may not have read this three times (over the span of two weeks) just because it's so beautiful and because I can't figure out how on earth to tell you what I enjoyed most about it.

I initially thought the Avalon storyline was a little too cheesy and silly, but as I've gone back and watched the episodes, I've softened. I think your story may be the final selling point for me — I absolutely love your Brennan/Angela/Avalon scene. So beautiful. I sincerely wish we'd been able to see this on screen. (But you did a lovely job writing it, so it's not too hard to imagine now!)

I love how you've portrayed Brennan's nervousness about getting married, despite knowing it's her decision and it's exactly what she wants to do. I love the mix of rational and irrational — in her emotions, the white dress, the ceremony, etc. Such a nice balance.

I think Brennan will forever be in Angela's debt for the wedding. Maybe the show will have Brennan somehow returning the favor. Who knows. Regardless, Angela nailed the details.

Didn't Cyndi Lauper do an absolutely stellar job? I was blown away by how amazing she sounded. Wow.

Oh, and that closing line ... I grinned and giggled when it happened on the show. So Brennan!
papaslittlecj chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Beautiful
Memo3197 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Loved it
threesquares chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
A list for you:
1. "bold tangerine sunlight" - this lovely image must be courtesy of the grin stretching across your face. :)
2. two of my favorite things combined: looking back to earlier episodes from the position of the future and your special brand of insightful x-ray vision of those moments. In particular, Brennan's awareness, as she looked at the earring, of how increasingly something is happening in her when she thinks about Booth. Ahhh, delicious.
3. Angela's acknowledgement that she wants to apologize to Booth. I'm fine with Angela being snarky to Booth on behalf of Brennan, but I (just rewatched Boneless Bride this morning) love Booth and Angela's friendship and I like the idea that they value it enough to want to make sure all was well.
4. You writing from Angela's perspective, Angela's voice, Brennan's voice in Angela's head...Hee hee hee! This made *my* stomach do little happy dances.
5. Brennan's self-consciousness, and her being okay with the ways that she has learned to be Visible...both booksignings AND for saying the wrong thing, loudly. You understand her so well, in my opinion.
6. Dazzled. What a great moment in that ep and what a beautiful word to hang this story on.
7. And now I"m laughing again! Avalon sings better than Cyndie Lauper. Brennan too!
8. And now, the BEST part of the story. You always move me. That Brennan realized on that tangerine morning that she was starting to fall in love, or at least that something was happened, but then you make her actual understanding be just a few months later in the car and now I think of Gordon Gordon and that one of them is acutely aware of that attraction, struggles with it daily. You are a layer within a layer and it is so satisfying.
9. This has nothing to do with anything but I thought it was fun and funny when Clark told Angela that he didn't want to tell Angela that he put a bet on the wedding when she had her mad face on. Hee hee! (You write not really mad mad Angela well)
10. Sometimes when I read I realize things about how I read. What you wrote and how you wrote about the shock of recognition between B&B was glorious and true. Then you wrote that as always, when he smiles at her, her ...dissolves". I read dissolves first and then checked back to make sure that it was her will, her resistance, that dissolved. Instead it was her disquiet. And now, THAT is the best part of this story. She always feels better when she is with him...all the pushing and pulling and blackmailing and giving in that they both do is such a smokescreen for how really everything anxious is just dissolving. And WTF? Do I read forward and backwards? What's that all about?
11. And of course, great ending just like it was a great line from her. I loved it then and I love it now.
I love this story!
3sq
Alicia9876 chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Love it as always! Now I a headed to read absolute faith!
Yatobu chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Thank God it's not 'hot blooded' right? 'At Last' is definitely the perfect song for them and yes you did mention it in 'A Face on Every Skull'. Good for you for thinking it first.
I still can't get enough of Bones wedding so I need more fanfic about that episode. Thank you for sharing another beautiful story Chem. I love it.
dgschneider chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
This was perfect :) I cried, at first I was fighting it, all teary, but hanging in there, then I just gave in! LOVED it. Beautiful. Perfect. Loved the imagery especially in the beginning with the emotions twirled, mingled together and "...the spell of his smile and the tether of his loving gaze." Loved the tether, such a great visual and emotional description. Wonderful!
luvthembones chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Chem,
I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Great story. What a great wedding episode. Well worth the long wait to get here. To be honest they have been together so long now, that it didn't feel like a wedding to me, as much as a public affirmation of what has already been for so long now. And that song - wow. And the vows. Double wow. Karina wrote a fantastic episode. Hope they bring her back to do more!
SnowyBones chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
SQUEE! Oh I love this. It was perfect. I just love Avalon KNOWING that that's the song Brennan wanted. *smiles* And yeah that song was just PERFECT for them. This was a great story! Wish I had something more articulate to say. This was wonderful :)