Reviews for Horse of the Dead
GeorgeTobor chapter 12 . 1/5
It's a good stopping point.

But the world needs rebuilding, could you write that story?

A series of connected adventures, spaced months apart.

One can be a trip to the main island for supplies.
Another to find those martial arts schools happi thinks might have survived.
Shido and the pirates can't be the only bad groups that need to be eliminated.
Will the zombies eventually starve and die?
Please write the rest of the story.
GeorgeTobor chapter 9 . 1/5
Good job with removing shitdo.
GeorgeTobor chapter 8 . 1/5
Well written, tightly plotted stories don't have much fanfiction.
When an author does not leave loose ends, has put real thought into the plot therefore avoiding holes and inconsistencies, there is nothing to fix, so no need for fanfics.

Naruto while having a good basic idea is not great or even good literature.

So of course you find quite a lot of people writing fanfics.

Crossovers are a simple way to change things, sometimes for the better.

In Ranma this is particularly true, an outside influence breaking the "honor trap" everyone is in.
GeorgeTobor chapter 7 . 1/5
The BABY zombie was quite enough tragedy.

The impaled guy wasn't necessary but ok I guess.
GeorgeTobor chapter 6 . 1/5
There is tragedy and TRAGEDY.
Balance is needed, the world has seen TRAGEDY, so keep the bad luck to the side of the group.
Maybe kill the puppy, maybe not...

Glad that Genma got bitten, there is a special place in hell for him!

You are doing fine so far.
GeorgeTobor chapter 5 . 1/5
I had an idea.

The Bible says long ago people were naughty.
So the earth was washed with a flood.

A promise was made, no more flooding.

People are being bad again.
Floods are forbidden...

I know!
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
That'll teach them!
GeorgeTobor chapter 4 . 1/5
Moving to an island is the best way to survive.

Kasumi saved by Happosai? I'm not sure but it might be a fate worse than death.

I hope Genma got eaten.

Raiding a library or bookstore might be a good idea.
GeorgeTobor chapter 3 . 1/5
It is FANFICTION!

OC either out of character OR original character is fine.

Fanfics are all about changing things.
GeorgeTobor chapter 2 . 1/5
The reason why Ranma does not have a curse is the best I have ever seen.

I googled HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD, the initial idea is ok, but the writer could teach Rowling more about HOW NOT TO develop ideas. And they had to go and Die before finishing, BAKA!

Where are you going with this?
Simple survival is a good short term goal.
Meeting with friends and family is better, a larger group has more options.
Can animals be zombies? Can a vaccine be made, preventing the spread?
Do the zombies need to eat? I forsee less than one person in a hundred surviving.
For humanity to survive you need a big gene pool. 6000 minimum I read somewhere.
While a zombie apocalypse is ok, WHY DID IT HAPPEN? WHO CAUSED IT?

I'll keep reading, hoping you have written answers to my questions.
GeorgeTobor chapter 1 . 1/5
Ranma without a curse?
Many things go together to make Ranma into the person Ryoga hates and others love.
The curse is a defining part of the Ranma Experience, take it away with care.
Most chose to treat the curse differently, some change the pool he fell into.

CAT FIST FURY if you can find it is a great story about Ranma falling into the pool of a type of cat.

I'm not sure if it's still available on the web.
soggy noodle chapter 12 . 7/20/2017
I really enjoyed this fic. Even with the removal of several things which made Ranma well, Ranma (the curse, the rivals, the general comedic chaos) I still think this crossover was handled extremely well.

The ease at which Ranma and Saeko handled zombies didn't allow for the danger sense that the zombies could truly present come to bare, which is about the only downside I could see and I think you could have done something there with a little more application of the imagination you've already proven yourself to have.

For instance, add a tiny smidge of Left 4 Dead element to it, with the addition of 'evolved' zombies. This could be accomplished by those who, in life, were very prominent or powerful martial artists with abundant ki were turned, the virus/infection would exaggerate certain properties of them. Ryouga, for instance, with his already superhuman endurance and resistance to damage, would have easily turned into a Tank and Kodachi, with her agile and flexible movements (and not to mention her ability to roof hop already) would easily be seen becoming a Hunter.

Anyway, again, loved the story and appreciate all the time and effort you put into it. I'll be checking out your other stories now!
soggy noodle chapter 11 . 7/20/2017
Well, there is always sequel potential such as the retaking of Japan once the island becomes overpopulated by the inevitable pregnancies. Or pirates. Or ninja zombie pirates.

Yeah, nevermind - once they make a clean break from the mainland it is, pardon the pun, smooth sailing...

Wait, there's a thing! Ranma and Saeko go back for scavving and get shipwrecked by a storm, get separated and... uh, I don't know! You're an authoer; maybe you can do something with that?
soggy noodle chapter 4 . 7/19/2017
This fic is already complete so expressing my opinion seems to be an act baring as much impact as farting in a windstorm, but I will say it none the less:

I really hope NOT to see any other male characters joining the group. Though you've left it still up in the air this far in as to whether or not Shizuka or Kyoko make a play for Ranma, I really would like to see at least Shizuka end up with Ranma.

I won't have high hopes it will happen, but hope is a hard thing to fully stifle; I'll hold out until I see otherwise.
ShanxiDragon chapter 1 . 7/16/2017
I was interested, but you scraped out everything that makes Ranma interesting as a protaganist in the first chapter. No gender curse, which was literally part of the title, a willingness to kill or maim a would be rapist, which is a stretch, seeing as he wouldn't kill Mousse even though Mousse endangered tons of people. You also got rid of one of his major weaknesses: the fear of cats. You got rid or Ryouga, his main rival through making him get lost?! Your Ranma is basically a husk, with only a few moves and a name connecting him to the original Ranma. I read fanfiction to read about the characters, or maybe the world, but this is basically a curbstomp with an OC.
vysirez chapter 5 . 7/16/2017
Liking the story so far. I find Yuuki's musing amusing, and I know the story is well past this point, but I have to say for someone who seems to be thinking ahead, she's missing something. While Kohta might be a bit overweight now, 6 months down the road I serious doubt that will be true. Assuming he's alive of course. They are all going to be working way too hard on limited food, none of them are likely to be carrying any extra weight soon.