Reviews for Horse of the Dead
tamagat chapter 7 . 11/14
this is my second time reading this fic and i still cant get enough of it!
DemonXII chapter 8 . 11/3
raw666 chapter 12 . 9/27
Interesting story and I have to say good plot. Though I wounder what you would do in the same setting but with more interesting villains like those in the Walking Dead and so on. Maybe not with a Ranma crossover but with characters from the Walking Dead or World War Z, especially with the large groups of different survivors, cults and so on.
raw666 chapter 9 . 9/27
I agree that Shido is over rated. I think that despite its faults with the survivors and being so few, the Walking Dead comics/series have some of the best antagonist in a zombie flick outside of the zombies. Mainly because in most ways, they are not evil like Shido. They maybe bat shit crazy or do despicable things, but for the most part they do it for their groups survival over doing it to make themselves a cult leader where only good things happen to him.
Hell, even the most evil of the group like the Governor actually insures his people live conformable while making sure that only Melbarry is the only place of refuge, which I think it mainly for security and power reasons. The only problem is he just lost it due to the events at Melbary.
Even the cannibals don't eat people because they are evil, but because of faulty logic and it was the only way they could survive in a world where food is being extinguished by the Zombies faster then they are killing the humans.
To me its surprising Shido got such a large following with out anyone questioning it or killing him for his acts so early on in the story.
KuroNeko00 chapter 8 . 8/18
The lemon scene in this chapter repeatedly gets Saeko and Saya's names mixed up, it's really distracting. Also when you're describing the Hummer seating plan at the end of the chapter, Kyoko seems to have been forgotten.
JMK2 chapter 12 . 7/26
I liked this story, I generally don't like overly dramatic stuff. Plus I think Ranma was powerful enough without being a Gary-stu and you did a good job balancing that. Would like to see one more chapter about the expedition if you have it in you but otherwise this is great.
bradw316 chapter 1 . 7/11
Dude for only twelve chapters these are some long ones, bet you got CTS from all this writing.
Rexnos chapter 12 . 6/27
Not bad all things considered. I felt like some moments, particularly the sexualized portions and the lemons were a little heavy handed, but I still got a kick out of the plot. The story would have benefited from a little more conflict and tension, whether from within or without of the group, but they did face their share of challenges all told. I'm glad you ended the story here though, as things took a bit of a dive after Shido and company bit it. You would have needed to build up another significant conflict, such as winter, if you were looking to continue things.

Greatazuredragon chapter 6 . 6/10
Very good work, nice story so far.
Greatazuredragon chapter 4 . 6/9
Very good work so far, well done.
Greatazuredragon chapter 1 . 6/9
Really good work, very nice first chapter, well done.
Rakaan chapter 12 . 5/17
This was a damn fine story.
tamagat chapter 12 . 4/29
this is the second fic i red made by you, and i find it amazing! so be a good chap amd congratulate your brain for me, it deserves a pat in the back
tamagat chapter 5 . 4/28
you are awesome! simple fact
Luke Dragneel chapter 12 . 4/6
I agree, this is actually the best chapter to end on for the story, leaving actual hope at the end for a brighter future for the group unlike HotD canon.
I also agree that above anyone in HotD, Saeko is my favorite character of all the available girls/women, the perfect "waifu" as some memes would call it.
Coming up with a one-shot gallery based on Horse of the Dead's other survivors and their interactions with Ranma's Crew would be a good extra to put off to the side so that your muse can push out whenever inspiration and availability strike you.