Reviews for A Tradition Worth Keeping - another Snowball Epilogue
ripper34 chapter 1 . 3/7
Good story
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 11/5/2017
Aww loved it, but bit disappointed with Harry's family, even when dead they need to grow up lol
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 5/11/2017
Strange background for a story but very welcome to find a "happy" version of what happened when Death came for them.
Leheara chapter 1 . 4/7/2017
awww, I love Death. (The weird things only fans say lol) The Snowball universe is awesome.
shera98 chapter 1 . 3/25/2017
This was awesome. I wondered how this story would end afraid i would be sad,but it was perfect.
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 1 . 2/12/2017
Though I don't ship it, I have loved the Snowball universe. Death is an amazing character and all of the Snowball stories have me laughing and enjoying myself every time.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Oh, this is so sweet! I see the Marauders get what they always wanted-each other-though I'm surprised that Albus isn't with them-didn't he love them so?

I see that Tobias was instantly forgiven by both wife and son. Yay. But I suppose a hundred years or so makes a difference.

But I'm glad that Harry and Severus live separately from Albus/Arthur/Molly (but where's Minerva?). And I loved Dobby's entrance! And Hedwig's! I wish only that someone or something else had come for Severus; it seems he must always survive on the leavings of others (obviously, no other Slytherins seem to be allowed in Heaven, not even Regulus).

However, it's the Christmas visit to Death that's the capstone of the story, and I adored it.
Azrael Jinsei chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Very sweet. I love your Death character. Thank you very much for writing this.
kitty2lion chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
:-)
1sunfun chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Good.
Tlcatlady chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
I loved that ... very poignant. TLC
YenGirl chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
It was a pleasure checking over this story! I know you’re still a bit surprised by it, Ree, but like I told you more than once before, Snowball is magical. There is something so very special about a promise made by two souls who, despite having fought on the same side of the war, having served the same man, and respecting each other’s true bravery… had nothing else in common and should have gone on their separate ways after killing Voldemort.

BUT… Harry bargained for Severus’ life and Severus stepped in and Death had a moment to spare and… voila! Snowball was born *grins* This sequel is no less magical. It was a Death fic and mind you, I did shed tears, but they were tears of laughter and happiness and poignancy. If passing on means going past the misty gate and getting to meet familiar faces one much missed while forever staying the age you were happiest at and being able to shag all night long with your beloved and (most likely) being able to eat whatever you want without putting on weight… well, I have nothing more to fear *smiles*

Oh, and having a sympathetic chaperone to take you to said misty gate as well. I fleshed Death a little and you have made him even more real than before. I like the sentimental part in him that he tries to hide…

Of course Harry and Severus would want to keep all their memories and just like Death thought, I’m sure they will. They have indeed both done far, far harder things. His thoughts on them made me smile as well…

Lily and the Marauders *sighs* I think we need another Snowball epilogue, Ree. You killed Severus and Harry far too early (even though they both lived to ripe old ages). Those five ‘young’ ones were so annoying…! I do want Harry’s hurt thinking he wasn’t wanted to be soothed and I want Severus to get the respect he deserves. I want them to see that they were wrong and that Severus was, and is, the perfect person for him. Just saying… *smiles*

The Snapes on the other hand were lovely. I’m so happy Severus was reunited with his parents and that Tobias has finally made some amends. It’s nice to see him stand up for Severus even if it wasn’t needed and it was doubly nice to see Sev realizing and appreciating it. I’m sure we’ll see more of them again.

It’s funny… one would expect Albus to be there with twinkling eyes and open arms… and he only played a much smaller role and off the stage in fact *ignores his pout* and yet, this way seemed much better. Cleaner somehow. Merlin knows Albus would have probably wanted to add another 2 thousand words to this story so yup, cleaner this way!

Arthur and Molly were good as usual – there without being in the way.

And oh! Thank you, thank you so much for including Hedwig and Dobby – my girl was disappointed when central figures died but cried figurative buckets when Hedwig and Dobby were killed. *smiles at a pouting Fred, Remus and Tonks and Severus* So that bit where Severus and Harry saw their new house and had a lovely, warm welcome was beautiful - one of the highlights of this story to me. I can see that Hedwig didn’t take long to make room in her heart for Severus and Dobby as well. See how generous they are and how easily they can see how Severus and Harry belong together? *raises an eyebrow at Lily & the Marauders and get skeptical mutterings and shuffling of feet*

The hint of how they occupied that first morning there was nicely done and oh, the Christmas morning at Molly & Arthur’s! That would be the perfect sequel for this one, right, Ree? Ree? *grins widely* Yes, it will. *answers her own question*

That forest was… oppressive. I like the contrast you wrote here instead of the usual heaven and hell… this felt better to me. That forest was difficult to forge through but Harry and Severus have each other and made it through safely. Perhaps Severus will be able to create something that will make future trips easier? I hope so *smiles*

Ah, you made me feel so sympathetic towards Death. Such a dreary little home even if the inside was much nicer. His surprise was fun to read (I kept wanting to giggle when he thought the knock on the door was from the burning logs) and it so nice to imagine Severus and Harry looking around at their presents throughout the years. (Oh dear, we forgot to mention the knitting book! Must be quite dog eared by now :D)

The presents were… wonderful! I’m glad they were what Death needed especially the polishes from Severus! I like the different styles of wrapping and how used Death was to each one. I loved that the presents now had an added power to them and I hope this means more souls will be saved from the forest (unless they’re truly evil ones, then they’re welcome to roam forever lost like Voldie)

I was a bit sad that this visit was so short and now it made me wonder how long were previous visits while Harry and Severus were still alive? They must have sat Death down and chatted with him in the later years since Harry still wanted to offer him tea on their last day there… Hmm. A CRF for Snowball, Ree? *devious grin* Perhaps Death coming a bit later one Christmas morning and not finding anyone in the living room, going in search of them and finding them in the bathroom doing… well, shagging? *giggles in delight and is hit by hexes coming from the misty gate – and a scythe flying from the other side*

Anyway, *rubs lump on head and stinging bum* I hope Harry will also make the door more sturdy for Death and perhaps Severus can add some wards, just in case.

The ending of this story has just opened up so many possibilities in my mind, Ree! That’s why I say Snowball is magical. It makes you think and imagine so many future scenes and the best thing is, they will never end and your Severus and Harry will ‘live’ happily ever after where they are. And instead of seeing fewer and fewer familiar faces, they will just see more and more…!

Thank you for this, dear. Favouriting!
turtledonkey27 chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
I am glad that you did a follow-up to that one. Death and his knitting...
patolozka chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Oh, this was... amazing. Nearly crying here... I am glad that they are together even after death and they find their way to Death as well. Thank you! Wonderful story!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
I love this sweet story plus I will look forward to more of your work one day soon !

The Crimson Mage.