Reviews for On My Worst Enemy
ArcaneMaverick chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
WTF is this crap? This is sooooo boring and weird!
mysteriousguy898 chapter 16 . 8/1/2014
Interesting discussion at the end. Why exactly did Omega/Zero bring X the dead mice? I didn't catch that part. Was it proof of how well he was teaching the cats?
Fireminer chapter 16 . 7/31/2014
None could expect what would you do next. It's like a string of incoherent thoughts.
ValentineSin13 chapter 15 . 6/30/2014
This was The best Fanfiction I've ever read. Hand down, no questions. Where do I even start?

The details in every character's innermost thoughts, their personalities and actions and how perfect they are. Every chapter was perfect. Nothing seemed rushed or too slow in pacing. Cain and X's relationship was flawless. I love how human X is in here, more than in the gmaes I think; getting a human name, studying to be a professor, renting a house(bank) and a car just to fit in. His innermost feelings about how alone he felt without his family and how much of a treasure he was to them and how they sacrificed themselves so he could live freely and happy like any other human in the world.
The backstories of Light and his children and what happened to them. How sad it was. I loved that you included elements from the games, manga, and US comic. I could see clearly like it was animated how good-natured and naive X was and his noviceness in fighting becuase it's agaist his nature(unless absolutely neccessary)

This Zero... So much to him in here than I saw in th X series and even in the Zero series. Not that it wasn't present but it wasn't presented as well. How Zero's mind worked, what I read... how he saw things and what made sense to him. Stubborn, indifferent, one track minded. And not only his physical fights with X were fun to read but mostly their arguements; them going back a forth with what is logical and right or illogical and wrong to do. I could just see Zero's and X's expressions towards each other's input. I figured then Zero had some interest towards X other than 'I will make you my pawn'
I was surprised to read that Signas, Colonel, and Sigma were Zero's heralds. I noticed Signas showed up more in later chapters than the others.
I almost shed a tear at the scene where Cain died... Reading X's reactions, painting an image in my head of that sad, lonely, face and his big green innocent eyes. Zero's wanting for X changed, not drastically but it grew into something more than just wanting him to be his herald to wanting him to be his and his alone. How they went back a forth, how X didn't want to hate Zero but Zero wasn't helping him 'not' hate them either, by killing his friends.
Copy X's obscession with Zero was eerie, and I liked that. His sweet affections towards Zero weren't like the feelings from the original, I knew there was something darker in him. I was glad when Zero told X he wanted to protect him and keep him from breaking, to help him. Telling him that 'he should find some plants' to make him feel better tickled me. He just remembered X liked plants.
The conversations with Light and Wily were funny- classic Wil and Light. Wily being the nagging father to Zero was priceless, and Light as compassionate as always. Always looking out for his son.

The moment X hugged Zero had me on the edge of my seat while reading. The way Zero reacted to X being so close to him. Caressing his (i imagine) soft young feeling skin against his lips. I figured a few chapters before that Zero wanting to 'sneak his virus in X to be his and see what he's like inside' was basically the robot equivilent to "I want to be inside you". (And his temptation was trying to get the better of him.) I knew he was falling for him but X I think was too, enough to not want to hurt him. It's hard to tell who was teh more vulnerable one of the two (they both were) Zero was considerate enough to research about physical intimacy and the right and the wrong approaches, and he wanted X to want it. (And honestly I was hoping too hehe... bad me.) But I knew X would evenutally; he couldn't deny it (i think it was denial) forever (tongue and all).
The cat was a nice touch too. Zero is definitely a cat person. :)

I loved this stroy so much I couldn't stop reading it. (and i might read it beginning to end again tonight).
And I hope there will be more Stories to come.
Flamelord99 chapter 15 . 3/12/2014
I like how you explain things. I'm really looking forward to what else you write.
Fireminer chapter 15 . 2/21/2014
That is one heck of a ride. I wouldn't say that this story would be appropriate to read if you want some more hope in this world. But neverless, it's a well written one.
Bryon Nightshade chapter 14 . 1/26/2014
There are a number of things to enjoy about this fic. The effort put in to create an internally consistent 'verse, with a place for various known elements in different skin, is remarkable. Zero unleashed, as it were, is suitably terrifying. Also Copy X. Just Copy X.

A fun thought occurred to me as I was looking back over it: you could almost view this story as an extended courtship metaphor. (Yaoi fans immediately swoon.) Obviously X and Zero don't have naughty bits and so that's not in play, but that's why it's a metaphor. I'm reminded of the clinching line from "As Good As It Gets", where the Jack Nicholson character manages to say, "You make me want to be a better man". That's pretty much what's going on here, with X representing what are categorized as "feminine" virtues of love, faith, charity, loyalty to family, etc. Zero is "masculine": domineering and rough, possessive and aggressive, ruled by power and little else. X has to tame him, or at least allow him to understand that his ways aren't fit for civilization, while Zero has to adapt to new circumstances to get what (who) he wants. They end up together, stronger united than the sum of their abilities separate.

Wow, literary criticism of a story loosely based on a notoriously plot-thin game series. This is the second derivative of... something.

Anyway, your X and Zero are very believable, and that accounts for a lot. There is, I felt, a bit of a missed opportunity at the end. I don't begrudge you ending there (Sherlock Holmes said that the distinguishing characteristic of the artist is knowing when to stop), but if the intent was to end there, just a line or two to tie things up would have been terrific. Something that drove home the unity or union of X and Zero in the face of everything. It could be as simple as X accepting Zero's offered hand, and the two of them disappearing in a single blaze of light- that would have sufficed.

Good story overall, I'm happy to have read it.
Shog chapter 14 . 1/24/2014
Time Travel?

Interesting.

Bass imposing his colorful self upon the narrative of the Zero series maybe?
mysteriousguy898 chapter 14 . 1/24/2014
Oh. Not really a happy ending, what with X half-mad and Copy-X as dead as Dr. Cain, plus the loads of toxins and diseases being pumped into the atmosphere. On the plus side, I finally see why Copy-X would have done that. Of course, he probably should have known, as X did, that taking over/destroying the world is probably the very worst idea he could have.
Fireminer chapter 14 . 1/24/2014
Oh, nice chapter, but maybe adding a bit insight of Zero would be better.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 13 . 1/18/2014
Yep, Zero has screwed up massively. Or maybe it was Copy-X, but he would have done it for Zero's benefit, so Zero is still at fault for this massive affront against X. The way X keeps saying the same thing confirms that kidnapping Dr. Light was a huge step backward. It was nice to see Zero's perspective on this, though.
Fireminer chapter 13 . 1/16/2014
Quite the selfish one, isn't you are, Zero?

I wonder whether would Copy X suffer from identity trauma, or the virus would keep him sane in the mean time?
Fireminer chapter 12 . 1/10/2014
Restoring this world to its former glory?

Say, are you a woman? This chapter gave me a heavy yaoi impression.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 12 . 1/10/2014
What is this Copy-X's goal, besides making Zero the awesome-est he can possibly be? He has his own motivations, too, that much is clear.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 11 . 1/3/2014
Yeah, I don't know how Ciel got over all the relentless killing and took Zero up on the offer, either. Good people are hard to find, unless you're looking at X. So, which Cain/Wilybots are being used, besides Sigma?