Reviews for Crash and Burn
Faraway-R chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Yay worldbuilding!
growlscout chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Great story. :-) I really enjoy this AU. Off to read Embers :-)
FiercesomestDragon chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
This is excellent. Love your take on Yang, and faunus (faunii? I have no idea) being able to transform is such a great idea! I'm relatively new to the fandom so I really don't know what's been done and what hasn't, but geez, good job with that.
Anon chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Yang scowled, now. "The man makes sure that when he hunts, he puts a dragon in a position where it can't even fight back. Damn right he's mean."

This is just basic good sense. Never fight fair. The fact that he's a serial killer is a bad thing, but his tactics are sound. I don't get why anyone would hold that kind of thing against him.
Rhavis chapter 1 . 11/29/2013

kage15oni chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Another good au fic.
rndmnwierd chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
This is so awesome I wanna cry. No really, it's one of the best AU's I've ever read. If you ever get it in you to write another, I will be on it like white on rice.
Moczo chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Yang beating the crap out of the world's most serial killer-y hunter remains the high point of this fic for me.

And the hints of Yang/Weiss, 'cause Yang/Weiss somehow became my baby in this AU.
Dingbats and Dweebs chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Ah its here too! Now I can review this fantastic piece of AU fiction. Definitely my favorite AU so far. Your writing style is very smooth and catches interest and emotion easily. Keep up the great work!
Aiden chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
The leopard thing certainly fits with the highly mobile style of fighting Blake uses in the actual series.

Still as fun to read here as it was to read the drafts!
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Loved Yang and the Yang/Blake dynamic and interaction. (I also snicker in the aftermath in the idea that Blake thought something was wrong because, when you boil it down to its base components, Yang was taking something seriously. ) A couple of the worldbuilding points were a little much (a reference to the Arc clan struck me especially as peripheral infodumping...this one: "Of that particular part, the Arc family was the largest and most well known name, and while Beacon had certainly arrested or killed enough of their hunters to become hated by the family, the clan was simply too large and too old to be completely removed without the hunting community throwing a fit.")...something I'm terminally guilty of myself in my own writing, so I know the lure!

Y'know, I'd have never have guessed dragon for Yang. I think it's her boisterous personality, which is something I don't associate with the imagery of Asian dragons. Ren being a dragon half-breed plays right into the stereotype. Yang, not so much, so that was actually a nice surprise there. Playing against type!

And, since we can pretty well assume Jaune is human (since his obnoxious family-note that his father probably fits that type, since you said Jaune had a fight with him-wouldn't touch a monster with a ten-foot pole unless that pole had a spear point on the end, let alone sleep with one), that just leaves Pyrrha!
Tear of Light chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Another wonderfully written piece. I very much enjoyed the lore you integrated this piece. Not too much to be overwhelming, at the same time, not too little to leave people confused. I really do like this world you've created. Very nice! :)
Craxuan chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
World building is almost always good. In this case, it was ridiculously interestingly good. Like, ahh... such a beautiful AU world. Such wondrous, wistful interaction. You probably won't believe me, but I'm wishing with all my heart that THIS is the RWBY being animated right now, make no mistake. The only shame here is that it may not fit in a chronologically sensible way, or the anime style. Just a maybe though.

But still... Really, this is truly wonderful.
Person With Many Aliases chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Well. Huh, and I just finished reading Mozco's and the one you wrote prior, and glanced over that one review who was asking for Blake and Yang. Talk about serendipity.

With you, Mozco, and DezoPenguin reviewing, I'm tempted to say it's only a matter of time before Dezo puts something up and the entire Nanoha gang will have migrated over here. Who'da thunk.

Great writing, of course. This sorta Urban Fantasy I'm not sure I'm so hot for, but that's only because I love Shin Megami Tensei, so I love inner cities, so whatever, but personal preference doesn't change the quality of the fic here. I suppose it would be more accurate to say "Write something in the baseline continuity so I know we don't have to rely on an AU for quality writing!" or something. That of course, doesn't take away anything from the level of world building you've been putting, so clearly you've been having fun. So the only thing left is Jauney boy and 300-chan, so hm...

Well, I'm rambling. So good going, keeping this momentum up. If you have more, I'll look forward to it.
Dylan The Crow chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Why... why... why do you make me feel so jealous of your high quality, well-written -oh, answered my own question :D

Good work, as always. Seeing Yang and Blake interact was really fun -I think the only thing I thought was a little off was the description of Yang in her dragon form, but that's probably just me.

Seriously good work, Beam!

(And yes, I am from BL. You will never know who I am, ahahahahaha!)