Reviews for Champion of the Chamber
0DireRaven0 chapter 8 . 7/27
is the abandoned?! Please say it isn't so!
Bunkeyboo chapter 8 . 7/24
This story is awesome. Please update soon.
DeiStarr chapter 8 . 7/22
I'm really enjoying this story, and I hope that you continue it soon!

I'm surprised that, since Harry is friendly acquaintances with the twins, he never mentioned to them that if they ever wanted some good pranking advice they could write his godfather, who'd been part of a pranking group called 'The Marauders' when he was a student. Actually, I'm primarily surprised that Sirius didn't make that offer to them when he stayed at the castle during Christmas break in Harry's first year, after Peeves told him that the Weasley twins were attempting to follow in the Marauders' footsteps; the twins WERE staying at the castle over break, after all, and Peeves told him that shortly before they went into the Great Hall for lunch.

Something I'm REALLY looking forward to is seeing if Harry tries to heal Neville's parents with Parselmagic. That would be so cool!

***Something to think about***

You talk about Harry wanting to take his O Levels - however, O Levels were replaced by GCSEs in 1988. It doesn't make a difference to the overall story; just a correction of the name of the exams.

I'm also a little surprised that you didn't say anything about Harry self-studying any additional Muggle subjects during the summer, since he'd need 9-10 subjects for his GCSEs to be on par with the average graduate, and you only listed 6. Although based on some things you said later, I think you were including English Language (grammar, etc.) and English Literature as one subject, when they're actually two separate core subjects. That would mean they were teaching 7 subjects. I'll just assume, since it makes more sense, that this is the case. However, students are still expected to take 9-10 subjects for their GCSEs, so Harry needs a little more than what Hogwarts is offering. (Hopefully the teachers would mention this to any students who take the classes they're teaching, and advise them of the other subjects available for GCSEs so that they know their options for self-study (Though Astronomy would likely be a popular choice, much to the bafflement of the people officiating the GCSEs when they notice the inexplicable increase in numbers of Astronomy test-takers.).

I have some ideas about which additional subjects Harry might want to take GCSEs for - it's a little lengthy because I explained my reasoning for each, but it would be relatively simple to insert them into the story.

The core subjects required for GCSEs are English Language, Maths, Science, and English Literature - which Hogwarts is offering. They have the additional options of History, Politics (called 'Humanities - Citizenship' in the GCSEs), and Economics.

Since he wants to keep his options open for potentially going to university after he finishes his NEWTs and he won't have the benefit of having graduated from a good, well-known muggle secondary school, it makes sense that he'd want to take as many GCSEs as possible; definitely more than 'average'. However, there's only so much he can study for, so he'd want to try to maximise the number of GCSEs he can take with a minimum of study without limiting his future career options.

Since Harry already speaks two 'Modern Foreign Languages', he can add the French and German GCSEs without any need for further study. His past dealing with recovering from malnutrition (and cooking for the Dursleys) would likely allow him to pass the Home Economics - Food and Nutrition and Citizenship - Personal Social Health Education GCSEs with relatively little extra study. His business dealings with the goblins would probably mean he could also be about half-way ready to take the Business Studies and/or Financial Services (or something similar; that last was offered until 2010; the series is set during the 90's so it would be available) GCSEs (he's been getting experience managing investments, negotiating contracts, etc., not to mention he'd studied finance before Hogwarts).

If he joins an informal team and plays football during the summer (and/or helps organise informal games at Hogwarts) and keeps up his swimming practice with an eye towards improvement in his new pool, he could go for a PE GCSE using those two activities, and utilising his chaser skills to add basketball (indoor Quidditch would also be a great help with this) and Speed, Agility, Quickness Training (SPARQ) to complete the subject. He could also study ahead a bit and go over any differences in material between muggle and magical courses, and take the Astronomy GCSE, since that pretty much just carries over.

I'm a little surprised that he didn't start studying Latin after realising most spells are Latin-based; it would serve the dual purpose of aiding him in both spell-identification and spell-creation down the road, and giving him the ability to take the Classical Languages - Latin GCSE. He has an instinctive understanding of philosophy and ethics, psychology, sociology, and social sciences (his Slytherin side comes in there; he gets practice with his ability to read and manipulate people, exercise political and social manouvering, and practicing inter-cultural interaction with his schoolmates - Slytherins in particular - and with the goblins), and since he studied those topics when he was younger he would probably find any or all of those any easy addition to his studies - not to mention the future benefits they would hold for his ambitions. He also has the benefit of having studied those subjects before attending Hogwarts.

While a lot of potions ingredients are parts of magical flora and fauna, there are also a lot of them which can be found in the muggle world as well - meaning all of Harry's extensive research and studying of potions ingredients and their properties might give him a bit of a head-start in his studying if he wanted to take the Biology GCSE along with the General Science GCSE. Anything he learned during his fight to overcome his former malnourished state could be an asset there ad well. His self-appointed studies in the subject pre-Hogwarts would also be an invaluable aid with that. His thorough study of ingredient interactions could also serve as a base for studying for a Chemistry GCSE. There are probably a lot of things he could learn in those two fields that would help him gain a better understanding of potions and lay a strong foundation for studying healing.

So, in short: Hogwarts is covering 7 subjects for the GCSEs. He knows two foreign languages he can use for an additional 2 GCSEs. He could take up to 6 more GCSEs without requiring much additional study, and has the groundwork laid (and good motivation) for learning up to 7 additional subjects beyond that. He has the potential to take up to 15 GCSEs without too much independant study outside of what he's already done or is required to do, and if he has the time and the willingness to dedicate himself to the work, could bring that number up to 22 (at maximum) altogether.

Even if he plans to settle for the 15 most easily obtainable GCSEs, however, he would still have to put in some work over the summer towards them; so again, I'm surprised there was no mention of him working on them. He wouldn't have to take all of those options; they are just the subjects that he would already have a thorough enough grounding in to minimze the additional work required to take the GCSEs in them.

I guess the point is that I'd like to see you mention something about Harry working towards his goals for the muggle side of things, as well. :)
MargaritaS chapter 8 . 7/13
i love that vampire game (though i played it as a mob war type thing...) excellent story though i can understand why it stalled (having already resolved the 2nd year plot) if you ever get inspired i would like to see anything else you come up with for the rest of the year or a "the year ended normally followed by a quiet third year where harry excelled at all his classes etc. and now on to fourth year..." lol
Lavonya chapter 8 . 7/4
Cool game... never heard of it!
I LOVE THIS SO DAMN MUCH!
Please for the sake of your readers WRITE more!
Add more chapter 8 . 6/24
Or die
Demonica-Death chapter 8 . 6/22
IM LOVING THIS!
Continue this fanfic, please please please. I really love it, it is fantastic. And I love how you make the harry potter's character and of corse the plot is amazing. Continue writing this story please
cariangelus chapter 8 . 6/15
Hi I just wanted to know if you will be completing this story
Moon Wolf 96 chapter 8 . 6/12
A fantastic set of stories and I hope that they will be continued in the future.
khrysavek1 chapter 8 . 6/12
I like this series, and really hope you continue it. :)
Carol145 chapter 8 . 6/8
nearly two years since you updated? Are you going to finish?
Little bit 1o1 chapter 8 . 5/19
Love the story's. Keep it up.
PheonixFyre374 chapter 8 . 5/10
Update it's good!
Hmmn I wonder what happens next