Reviews for The Land of X
thetimewalker2237 chapter 8 . 1/17/2013
This is really well done! I've spent a few days reading this and I love it! You language is so good, and authentic, without sounding Shakespearian! I can't wait for more!
Jeanniebird chapter 8 . 12/3/2012
Great, I'm glad you apparently now have more time to update your stories.

That's a cruel fate, Paige and Angelo have just found each other and now they are seperated again.

Well, it doesn't exactly sound like a good idea to bring back Apocalypse. In their place, I would rather deal with Shaw than with a deamon lord. Then again, nobody will be able to train Charles when they don't bring Magnus and Apocalypse back.

It's nice to see Ororo agian. The dryad is always full of secrets and mystery.
So, now Remy and Rogue will do what they thought they would never do again, steal the other Eye of Magnus. Hopefully that won't have the same concequences as the last time they did that stunt.

Jubilee is right, it's neat that Paige and Charles both got a staff now, I'm very curious which neat things they can do with these...
NemoMyName chapter 8 . 12/1/2012
This story is just so wonderful. It has everything you could ever ask for: great characters, pace and plot.
Can't wait for more!
Jeanniebird chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
Jubes, Charles and Paige get attacked by a magic library. They always manage to get in odd situtations. Charles learned very quickly.

I also noticed that they were searching a journal written (or at least with drawings of Destiny). They searched for her diaries in the comics, so I think it's a great paralellism.

So, when did Destiny wrote this book, and did she in turn learn from the professor? That would be another magical time paradox and I wouldn't be suprised if you will do stuff like that again, just like the Profs aging process...

Hank, the royal libarian. Again, it fits his character perfectly. It was funny that he petted his books and treaded them like they are acual persons. Moreover the book listens to him. Then again, these are magic books, you cannot apply the same standards of treatment as you do with normal books.
Jeanniebird chapter 6 . 9/11/2012
Hihi, I can see why Jubes complains that just thinking about the professor 'oddness'. I'm still not quite shure if I understood it completely. Did I get it right that he is always reborn but can only remember his lifes which are still in the future? Or something?

"Oh goddess"? That's Ororo's usual claremontism, so why does Jubes use it? Is there any specific reason?

Who are the immortals Logan and Jubes met? And have you finally decided if you want to tell ther story in Land of X or write a spin-off?

*grin* I think someone fell in love with a feisty little pixie on the first sight. (Then again, who couldn't. Jubes wants everyone around her to be happy, it's impossible to dislike someone like that). I think this is bound to become very interesting.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/7/2012
Great chapter :)
Jeanniebird chapter 5 . 8/21/2012
Again, an outstanding chapter. I loved the way you described Sam's fear and self-doubt at the beginning, that he is uncomfortable that his friends might die in a fight he send them in. It reminded me of his carrier as the leader of X-Force and the New Mutants.
Like Jubes said last chapter, it simply isn't a fastball special without Colossus. I guess they met Piotr on their voyages. You are making such a big secret out of Jubilee's and Logan's life, even Warpath in awestruck. By now, I'm dying to learn more about their history.
Poor Kitty looks for her saviors in the forrest although they are already miles away on the high sea. The only one she has a chance to meet is Ororo (I would love to see the dryad again) and of course Lockheed :D Your introduction of our favorite purple pet dragon was brilliant!
I also liked how you wrote Pete Wisdom. I was never a particular fan of that charater and I honestly don't know very much about him, but I think you handled him well :)
J Elise chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Very cool story! I remember reading this one way back when you first started it. LOVE Jubilee as a pixie :) Thanks for updating! Hope to see more!
Kairan1979 chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
I liked the story so far.

" I am Kurt Wagner the Nightcrawler, you killed my Captain, prepare to die!"
Jeanniebird chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
Finally they are at sea! I couldn't help but grin, of course Corsair is a pirate, he is a space pirate in the comics after all. I also like how you used Namor. I honestly didn't expect him to appear, but I liked him. I wouldn't mind if the Sub-Mariner makes his appearence again.

I think you had a neat way of sneaking Wolvie's Patch alias into the story. For me 'Patch' was always related to Madripoor, but with an eye patch, it's standing to reason to make him a pirate.

Moreover some X-Force members joined the fray. (Okay, X-Force doesn't exist in this reality as far as you depicted it, but you know who I mean)Furterhmore you refered to Scott and Professor Xavier. It's always nice to recognize familiar faces. Your universe is slowly piecing itself together.

You are doing an amazing job building this universe. Please, continue :-)
Jeanniebird chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
Refreshing new take of the characters, with great ideas and an intersting plot. I enjoy reading this. Especially Jubilee as a pixie stole my heart away. I can't get enouth of her 'paffing' around everywhere.

I was very torn about Nightcrawler. On the one hand, I absolutly loved that you acted on his adoration for pirates and made him one, on the other hand I was slightly disappointed that the Bamfs won't appear *looks at UXM 153 with adoration*

I love that you put in some characters which are less famous like Sam, Angelo, Paige, Josh and Pete Wisdom.

Btw, will he and Kitty appear again? Moreover, what exactly is up with Logan? Has this fight between Magneto and Apocalypse anything to do with them being enemies in AoA? He was leader of the X-Men in that reality after all?

I saw that you finally updated this story after a very long break, so I hope you will continue writing more regualy agian (well, more regulary than 10 years, anyway)

Jeannie
Scottfan chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
How have I miessed this? Love love love it. You have the old fun versions of the character down and the story idea is pretty unique but hints at Kitty's fairytale. Waiting on more.
Arich chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
I know that it has been a long time since you wrote this story but I have had a lot of fun reading it and will gladly read more if you are ever inclined to continue.
Tokyo Fox chapter 2 . 1/20/2003
Write more now! Did you know that in the x-men cartoon that she was in that she played an elf in a story that she made up? I wonder if that was where you got the idea for her to be a pixie?
fuzzyelf chapter 2 . 10/5/2002
Pwease write more? And put Nightcrawler in it!