Reviews for Finding Time to Lose
Rafaela Amanda chapter 1 . 5/14
I thought cool, that despite everything, they can still take time just to relax and get together and have a time like brothers. But it was sad that poor Sammy had to stay asleep, but he was cute putting his feet on his brother. Even if it is understandable that he is still tired, weak with a headache, it's hard
And after the healing of Castiel by Ezekiel it is even more understandable. and of course Dean would feel guilty for not checking it at the time, but of course Sammy is still his priority, he even sent Cas go, what else could he do? Ezekiel's anger could not do well pro Sam and threats of Ezekiel gave me a rage, suggesting that Castiel is more important
And it sucks the residual effects that is when Ezequiel solves appear
And really it's his job to worry, and the poor Sammy all confused, and look of pure confidence
Freya922 chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Wow, this is especially chilling now that we KNOW things were not all A-OK with Zeke from the beginning... What a mess. Poor boys.
JudyH chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Oh, what a tangled web Dean is weaving...It's not gonna be pretty when it all comes to light, I fear. And I don't trust Ezekiel's motives. After all, if he could heal Castiel immediately, and he was all but dead, why is it taking so long for him to do the same for Sam?
No, I think Zeke is in hiding, using a mortal with Enochian brands on his ribs to hide from the other angels. This little scene you painted so well, of deception and no-win choices, is but a prelude to the fallout that's coming.
Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
JoC27: It's a good story :)
cappy712 chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
That was something. I'm looking forward to see what you are thinking about with Zeke... yeah somethings up with him and we will find out soon. Thank you for sharing.
lordtrayus chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Another great story. I forgot to review this the other day but I did tell Jackie to give it a read which made her review it. I hadn't even thought of dean going to cas first until you said it, and then it really annoyed me. It's bad enough deans lying to Sam and manipulated him (and judging by this week is going t make Sam think he's losing his mind) but his brother and zeke obviously collapse and he runs to cas who's quite clearly alive? I mean, wasn't he supposed to put Sam in front of everything including the damn fallen angel who caused his entire mess in the first place? But no, the naive idiot gets resurrected a d it's to hell with Sam lets check cas. And meanwhile zeke is tired out which affects Sam even more all because dean has to look after cas. Isn't Sam meant to be his first priority?
I really hope zekes a good guy, I'm still cautiously optimistic that he is and zekes just protecting Sam (as dean seems to want to protect cas when he should be looking out for Sam) and that he really is a good guy who's just a little extreme in protecting Sammy (not that I mind him getting cas chucked out)
Great story can't wait for the next one
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Just adore the bunker.

How you described it really did make it sound like home...the blue/yellow glow of the TV...the coffee table within easy reach no matter which seat was taken...the fringed carpet...loved all the little details!

A few more parts I really liked:

Dean grumbling all parental...telling Sam he had to go to bed then shutting off the TV. So sweet. Protective.

Liked how you fleshed out the scene of Dean telling CAs he had to leave.
Cas saying Sam looked angry ...only we know it's Zeke not Sam...guh.

Sam's worry over silent seizures...

Dean's 'Jesus' and Zeke's 'why do you call on the son of God'...love how you write his humor. LOL...

Zeke telling Dean Deceit has consequences and that Dean allowed it...guh! I can see Zeke taking this approach with Dean on the show.

Sam's eyes hurting...another fav part of mine in this piece. One of The effects of Zeke.

And whaaaaaaa...yes! Good point Zeke...angel blade will kill Sam- (I thought of) But banishing blood sigil will effect Sam too...make Sam disappear...OMGUH! Awesome...I did not think of that. It's true. And I can actually see that happening. Maybe when Sam finds out.

Another wonderful tag...thank you!
Karen
Mirya Lirin chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
I thought about that conversation in the church too, when Sam hit the ground and Dean just looked at him and immediately turned to check on Cas. I was like, hey, so you didn't mean what you said in the church, or was it more of a meant it at the time kind of thing? All I know was I was very disheartened to see it happen - AGAIN. I think Dean means well for the most part but I think coming back from Purgatory to find that Sam didn't look for him tore something in him that hasn't really surfaced/been addressed like it should have been yet, so it hasn't healed. IDK.
GaelicAngel chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
I wonder when these two will ever learn. Dean knows what happened when Sam lied to him about the demon blood and Ruby and how the Hell does he think he is going to keep the fact that he got Sam possessed by a freakin angel from him. Plus I don’t trust Zeke any more then Dean does.
Great story and I love how you describe Sam as Dean’s kid in these because ultimately that is who Sam is, isn’t it.
Great work as usual and I loved this one, can’t wait for the next one!
Ceejay reggie11 chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
This was beautifully written and picked up on all of the little niggling things that have been put out there; Dean lying (though logically it's to save Sam's life), consequences for those lies, putting Cas ahead of Sam even though he's said nothing and nobody were more important and the doubts that the entire fandom must have about Ezekiel. I'm hoping it turns out he is doing exactly what he says he is and will be a good guy but we also know that the writers of the show always like to throw a spanner in the works. Your story has many nuances and you have a great story telling ability. Lovely work.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
I really enjoyed this story. It fit so snugly within cannon that it very well could have happened. I like the way you added a living room in the bunker. Home isn't home without a place to watch TV. Don't you love how the bunker comes with wifi and free electricity? So, naturally, cable-or satellite TV should be included in that supernatural package ;) Your depiction of Dean is spot-on and Sammy... I just wanna snuggle with him! -
Thank you for writing a sweet story.
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Damn although I did get a little pissed at Dean for kind ignoring Sam the second he heard Castiel call him I kind of let it go until my friends (I'm talking about you Paul) kept bringing it up. I didn't want to come off sounding like some of these other whiny fans (Cas fans and detisl *gag* fans) constantly do. I decided to kind of let it go but the way you wrote it and Zekes whole thing about being Dean's pet (KAPOW dude Right in the gut! Zeke has sass!) I'm officially pissed at Dean now. He did stand there in that church swearing to Sam that he'll always come first. Yeah I guess he'll always come first AS LONG as Cassie boo is okay right Dean? Thinking back to that whole tear jerking speech makes Dean look like the worlds biggest hypocrite. I'm with you. I pray Zeke is a good guy. I mean we all thought Naomi was Queen Bitch till she told Dean Castiels newest bestest buddy Metatron was a lying liar and Sam would surely die if he finished the trials. I'm still not sure what went wrong there. Sam still almost died and Naomi was being sincere. Of course Cas being the pathetic infant that he is (Yes I borrowed Souless Sams words) believed Metatron cause he knew the dude for a whole 24 freaking hours. And gee now the mean old angels are pissed at Cas cause thanks tothe fact he's a complete dimwit they no longer have a home. Guess what? I would be pissed at the dude tooo so add me to that mean old angels list. I'm thinking I would have an angel blade with Castiels name written all over it.
Anyway I'm glad you brought up the time lapse thing with Sammy too. He's a bright kid. He's going to start figuring out every time he wakes up he's surrounded by either mass amounts of dead demons or rogue reapers with a boner to kill Cas. If the roles were reversed Dean would be livid at Sam so I'm fully expecting a pretty good ass whooping delivered by one Sam Winchester. As a big sister to a little brother I sympathize with Dean but his actions have been reckless and manipulative. He's lied several times and he messed with Sam's memory a couple times. Of course I'm thinking it will be the angel riding him that will be the thing that honks Sammy's horn. I mean he's had such great experiences with possessions in the past.
Anyway this was simply excellent. Thank you for pointing out to me that I am actually really pissed at Dean! He better not be going back to putting Sam behind Cas cause Cas is a human. Who's fault is that anyways? That would be Castiels fault too. For all the slow learners out there.
dashipper chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Hi! Another great story, Marianna! I think I'm like you, I'm not sure where the show is going with the Zeke thing. I'm worried that they'll pull some storyline and try to bring the brothers apart. Not again! And you're right, Dean wouldn't have ignored Sam when he was knocked unconscious. I'd have expected him to be holding Sam's hand and patting at his face. LOL! Anyway, I love, love, love whenever Dean is in bigbrother! mode. Sigh... Looking forward to more stories in this 'verse. Thanks for sharing. : )
Lewlou15 chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
I'm with you about Ezekiel. I truly want to like him plus it would be great if the boys had an angel in their corner since poor Cas is out of commision.
You did a good job of portraying both guilty Dean and mysterious Ezekiel.
I'm sure (pretty much without a doubt) that Sam will be pretty ticked off once he finds out what Dean did to save him but being the opened minded person he is, hopefully he'll forgive pretty easily.
Caladrius chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Gotta say, I really dig this little thing here. Working through the Dean head, exposing and reminding us about the fact that Sam is the de facto angel and can be banished like one and all of that. Nice choice of phrasing when Zeke "shakes Sam's head." Reminds us that it's not Sam and that Dean is totally and painfully aware of that fact.

Oh, man, my feels when Ezekiel brought up how Sam thinks Cas comes first. Ouuuuch!

Ominous tone. Ominous ominous.

Good stuff here, and I like Dean's dialogue. Poor Sam, missing time in a day. Maybe more time than Dean thinks. Oh, Ezekiel, what in the world are you up to? Ugh. This review is all over the place, but you get the gist.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »