Reviews for Crusade
Yimo chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Good story so far.
Just be careful not to wander too deeply into grimdark territory.
And Luxord is starting to get a bit OOC too.
Sora Tayuya chapter 3 . 5/17/2014
I'm quite terrified at the level of intensity your work has brought upon the Disney realms. Though I am pleased to see Luxord have much of the limelight, still it frightens me at how he behaves. Especially the Nobodies of the Princesses: at this rate, Namine may stand risk of being corrupted and injured as well, the way your story goes.
Sora Tayuya chapter 2 . 5/17/2014
I am so pleased to see Luxord play a large role in this story.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Interesting story ya got here! I like it so far!
LordMordor chapter 3 . 4/2/2014
I. LOVE. LUXORD!...probably the 2nd most under appreciated Organization member (after Lexaeus). I really don't know why he is so under utilized by fic writers, such a great personality and interesting abilities. Plus his gambler theme is awesome. Saix though is still my personal favorite though. The fact that your using them as primary antagonists just makes this fic all the sweeter to me.

I've said before how the more realistic take on heartless and nobodies (ie: how violent they really are and how gruesome death is) had been growing on me...but now id like to add how the villains themselves are going to a much darker place. It was sort of there with Caelix...but this Nobody princess...this one just went full psychotic on us. That was really dark. But it makes so much SENSE for it to be dark. The princesses of heart can't create heartless...but light still has to cast a shadow. And so far these Princess Nobodies are so twisted that im having to remind myself that im reading a KH fic. Not saying its a bad thing, just an artistic choice that I appreciate and have to get used to. I can only imagine what plans the Organization could possibly have for these dark princesses, and what they might want Kairi for. Kairi never created a proper Nobody as her heart had taken refuge in Sora...if he heart hadn't found that safe place, would there have been a Nobody-Kairi?

One of the high lights for me has to be the bonding between Lightning and Kairi. That scene where it was just the two of them alone, and lightning opened up about what she is was really nice. You really do excel at those one on one character moments. Looking at where the duo started, its really nice to see them slowly coming together, especially Lightning comparing Kairi to Hope and feeling that same sort of companionship.

One thing I think I would like to see more of is what it might mean or happen to be using to much light, and how that might negatively impact a person. I get that Kairi was drained from using her powers...but what might happen to someone who relied on the light to much. The series makes a point that darkness and light are two halves of the same coin, and while Riku has been shown using the powers of darkness to save those he cares about...we really have yet to see a downside to the light. How Princesses of heart might fit into that is especially interesting.

Also I really have to commend you on something I only just noticed as I wrote the review. Im not sure if its intentional or not, but thus far the story is progressing in basically the same manner as the KH games themselves. We go from world to world, dealing with the threat at hand, getting only little hints via cutscenes or brief encounters with the antagonists about what the is going on with the villainous plot and the world at large. With each world visited and finished, we get more and more of the background story...until the epic final world reveals it all and drops huge information bombs, revelations, and the amazing final encounters.

We are only 3 chapters in and im already Hyped :)
Keep up the great work
keyblader444 chapter 3 . 4/2/2014
great chap. i missed namine in this, but i guess she'll be in it again later? you better include her or i'll be sad. loved aurora here. she's usually such a princess, like the stereotype you know, but she seemed so badass here. and kairi is just the best. i love what you've done with her. hoping for something like that in kh3.
AshleyInTheStars chapter 3 . 4/2/2014
OMG AN UPDATE I LOVE YOU! This was amazing. I feel like it's getting darker? Which is good! I like dark! I got chills at the part with the guy who turned into the Dragoon. You're good at horror stuff. Kairi's slowly remembering Sora. I want her to hurry up and remember! Update again, this is so great.
LordMordor chapter 2 . 12/10/2013
wow, that was pretty hardcore. Kingdom Hearts isn't for kids anymore, don't think nobodies eating hearts out of chests would get the Disney stamp of approval, lol. Honestly though, I think I like it. It especially makes sense for the nobodies since they are supposedly the leftover bodies of those who lost their hears.

This was a great chapter to bring Kairi and Lightning together. What else would help to bring a soldier and a relatively untrained civilian together than backing each other up in a war like setting and saving each others lives. Im really enjoying how their two extremely different personalities are clashing, but then later on clearly beginning to understand each other. Great work.

Luxord, probably the most under appreciated of the entire organization. He is definitely the perfect fit to harass them in topsy turvey place like wonderland. Im curious as to whether he himself will act as a recurring villain, or if you'll be following the game formula of various members appearing in different worlds. Have to say though, that line "just a lucky guy with nothing but time"...that was so PERFECT, cheesy, but PERFECT. Exactly the kind of line he would use. Also as a side note...Saix is probably my favorite organization member, so glad your using him :)

Caelix huh...interesting idea. I honestly completely forgot that the other princesses also technically lost their hearts. Her getting the X in her name implies Xemnas and the Org. got to her, and Luxord seemed to indicate that there was some plan involving the others nobodies. This is a great plot-line, and one I have NEVER seen before, so im really excited about this. I wonder if all the joinings of Nobodyprincess will be as unwilling and angry as this, and what if any effect that could have on the princess when its done.

Final note, that mirror to the dark world. Really curious to see if there is anything else about it, and if we might be seeing more of Aqua, her story, and her connection to Ansem-Xehanort/Xemnas.

GREAT 2nd chapter, I was interested before. Now im Hooked
Wanli8970 chapter 2 . 12/10/2013
So is Sora sleeping like in the COM, or is he sleeping like how Kairir was when she lost her heart?
asamino chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
Since I was too tired to review after I read it, I'll do it now.

You are probably getting tired of being praised by me but I'm absolutely in love with your potrayal of Lightning and Kairi. Lightnings loner attitude was presented very believable. She's here for Serah, not to make friends. How she saw Caelix as nothing more than a target while Kairi was hesitating was worth mentioning because the contrast between them became clear once again (and I think it's important to see the difference in morale code between a soldier and a 'civilian' for the most part). And I'm SO glad you wrote that Kairi wasn't 'used to it but she wasn't scared either'. Kairi is a very strong and bold person. She's going to fight even if she does not know how.

Luxords playful behaviour was enjoyable to read. As was Alice! I think what's really hard in writing fiction for Kingdom Hearts must be the potrayal of Disney characters. To bind them in the story and have them interact with other characters is probably too complicated but you manged to pull it off. (Caelix was a nice character, by the way! :) Another plus was Kairi finding that mirror - it had a RPG-feeling, and I liked that. I did not expect Aqua's appearance and it made me really sad. I cried with Kairi.

I teared up on more than one occasion, haha. I don't know which part I liked the most, I just like everything! The development between the girls was something I enjoyed a lot though (you probably noticed -cough-). When Lightning accepted Kairi as partner I was so happy because I could totally see this happening. And I'm quite intrigued with her past [and what happened to Hope].

All in all I have to say I liked this chapter a lot more than the first, and I'm thrilled to read the next one!
keyblader444 chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
woth the wait hell yea! good job and i love kairi so much. i want to see sora too though maybe more with namine healing him? update!
AshleyInTheStars chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
Awesome update. Just as I thought, they're visiting the other princesses. I like long chapters, but maybe you can split them up if they get too long? Just a thought, if you want. Then again, I like getting more of the story out in one chapter so I can read more. Maybe forget what I said lol. Will Riku be in this a lot? Seems like he's playing a similar role as he did in KH2. I gotta admit I'm a RiKai shipper, but I like SoKai too. Anyway, I'm looking forward to chapter 3. What princess will they visit next?
yournamehere chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
Very cool idea! I like Lightning's addition in this story. I bet she'll whip Kairi into shape in no time. And I love how you included Aqua. I hope she comes back cause she's my favorite character. I can't wait for the SoKai stuff too! Update when you can. This chapter was worth the wait.
kairixx chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
update!
Anonymous chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
omg i'm digging this so hard please update when you can. this is one of the best fics i've ever read