Reviews for The Broken Doll
Isolationism chapter 11 . 4/23
hi yes i kind of hate you for this ending a lot, but saying that is kind of a half-lie because i love this story too much to hate you.

Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are the best, especially when they're all together. Bless your liberties with Levi's backstory, and bless the character development centering around both him and Mikasa. It's been like four years since you written this and I haven't read the manga since before then, but fuckin' hell, just let me say how much I love this story. Thank you for writing it, and I hope your friend Angie enjoyed it just as much, if not more, than I did.
wolfenergy17 chapter 11 . 3/19
I need more. I need more of this fucking fantastic story. How would Mikasa and Eren's relationship progress? What about the talk between Mikasa and Levi? How would Levi react when he realized she was stuck in Trost fighting Titans? How would Mikasa's presence affect Levi when they were out in the field? How would Mikasa help when Levi loses his squad? How would the rest of the 104th react to Mikasa running to Levi right before an expidition? What would Mikasa's relationship with Hanji be like? How would Mikasa react to Eren's "death" now that her attachment to him is hardly even a fraction of what it was like in the show? How wpuld this "new" Mikasa react to the Titans? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS! I love how you write the canon characters, Levi, Eren, and Armin especially. I love how you still gave Mikasa a "scarf" and I loved the whole "important book theme" through this story. I was NOT expecting your version of Levi's backstory AT ALL. And damn if it wasn't absolutely glorious. After reading it, I felt like Levi's need to kill Erwin was more justified and felt more natural than the backstory in the "A Choice With No Regrets" manga. Without giving away spoilers here, I never understood why Levi wanted to kill Erwin SO much even BEFORE they went out on the fatal expidition. With your backstory, I feel like it not only gives a more supported reason Levi wants to "KILL ERWIN", but it also is more realistic that Levi forgives Erwin after hearing the truth. Also, your version of Levi's backstory explains his whole OCD thing when it comes to cleanliness much more than the reason that he always lived in filth in the Underground. You know, I kinda like this Mikasa a bit more than canon Mikasa (something I'd never predicted) since she's not overtly obsessed with Eren to the point of that obsession overshadowing her personality. Sure, she's dedicated to Levi in this, but I don't really see it as an unhealthy obsession with Levi. Even in canon I didn't truly see her obsession with Eren unhealthy per say, but I wish the focus was more on her than her protective instinct towards Eren. I reeeeeeally enjoyed this story, and it has shoved past all my other favorite fanfics to take a spot in my top ten favorite fanfictions of all time. And considering how many fanfics I've read, that is a huge fucking accomplishment. I really hope you write more SnK stories in canon and/or canon-divergent universes! I love your writing, but I have an extremely hard time reading any SnK fanfics that aren't either of these universes. I loved this story so much and I'm sad to end, butI guess all good things must come to an end.
Moo-cow300 chapter 11 . 2/8
Wow, this was truly an amazing fic! Congrats on making a story so wonderful! I loved how you played with the characters and yet made them so very, well, them! Thanks so much for the hard work! Your story is one of the best I've come across! :D
mikasas-boob chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
i'm re-reading this whole fic again and it's honestly making me want to get back into writing for snk again! like this whole thing is so great and i'm almost in tears because i forgot how good this story was! thank you so much for making this!
nefarious-lee chapter 11 . 10/3/2016
AWWWWW. I love this story. It's absolutely amazing, and you, dear writer, have an undeniable talent. The relationship between Levi and Mikasa was gripping, and there was so much emotion. I loved it. I wanted to thank you for writing this story to share with the world. You're amazing!
Morning'sSong chapter 6 . 9/19/2016
Ahh forgive my last review I now remember they were thought to be cousins :D Absolutely love the story and your writing, I find the slight AU twist refreshing as you can throw in surprises like this and have them hit us with full effect, rather than 'oh, I was wondering when that was going to happen...'
Morning'sSong chapter 5 . 9/19/2016
I laughed out loud when he said she was his niece XD I forget whether or not it's cannon-confirmed but from what I remember that was the closest theory that made sense when Kenny was frolicking around
Guest chapter 11 . 9/5/2016
This is AMAZING.
Maia Asphodel chapter 11 . 5/20/2016
This is one of my favorite stories that I keep coming back to. It's so sweet, it plays with my little heartstrings.
Sinon chapter 11 . 4/23/2016
Hey,

I am one of the many people who wept and love this story. I stayed up all night just to finish reading this and I didn't regret it. You have your way with words and you handle the characters well. Their development can be seen piece by piece, slowly but surely. This fanfic far exceeds others and I meant no offense with that, I'm just telling the truth, for me atleast. The ending is beautiful, I love it. But of course I'm also one of the many people that got curious about the extra three chapters that you have. I would be very much glad and thankful if you post it separately from the story. Yes, it is convinient to just imagine the next scenes with Mikasa's focus on Levi but still there are too many ideas and scenes that played out inside my head and I don't know if which one is the best and the most suited. I even imagined Mikasa taking it upon herself to kill Erwin. Funny, I know.

Levi's actions in the story made sense, such as to why he desperately wanted Mikasa to tell him if she is sick. He don't want the same thing that happened to him happen to her. And as to why he took her in.

I love this story. Really. It's a shame I won't be able to add this to my favorites since I forgot my accounts password here. I saved this to my phone, if you don't mind. I will read it again for months to come just like Levi rereading his book of fairy tales. And as for the extra three chapters please let us read it, it's alright if you don't want. I resepected it. Still, I won't backed down in asking. Please. Let us once again dwell in Levi and Mikasa's world.

This is the longest review I have made since I started reading fanfics. And I'm proud of it.

- One of your fans
Guest chapter 11 . 3/25/2016
I really enjoyed reading this. I would liked to read more chapters but I understand why it ends where it does. The first few chapters had me hooked.
The fairy tales in the mix was a great idea.
You picked the perfect ones. I also liked all you ideas and how the characters connected.
Write more stories like this.
gayprince.exe chapter 11 . 3/22/2016
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this. It gripped me from the very beginning to the end. You have a beautiful way with words and you played the dynamic between Levi and Mikasa very well. Thank you so much for writing this!
terry nightstalker chapter 11 . 3/20/2016
I really need to find out fow to make a sad teary smiley with a smile.
The Lady Ayla chapter 11 . 2/24/2016
I literally have no words...Just tears ;(
Sarah chapter 11 . 2/8/2016
I honestly don't even know what to say. I'm in shock. I'm crying as I type this and I just don't even know where to begin. No romantic ship fic has ever touched me quite like this one did. I never knew how much I needed Levi as a father figure to Mikasa in my life. I honestly don't know how I can go back to anything else.
I LOVE how you wrote Mikasa. Her influence from being under Levi's wing is soo so obvious but at the same time, it feels like she's still herself, if that makes sense? Levi's backstory destroyed me, as did his interactions and subtle displays of affection towards Mikasa.
The pacing of their relationship was so beautifully handled, from the distance and distrust to the blooming of a broken sort of family to the separation to the reunion. I wasn't kidding, I seriously am crying right now.
If I had to have one critique, it would be that I didn't get enough of their reunion (you mentioned in the AN that you had written a few chapters more but decided not to post them. I know it's been awhile since you posted this fic but if you payed those extra chapters separately or something I could probably die happy.)
Anyways, thank you SOOO SO much for this story. By far the best fanfic I've ever read, I don't know how I'm going to be able to move on now! (Again, those last few chapters...maybe...?)