Reviews for Stories for my daughter: The Little Black Bat
thewolf74 chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
I'm happy that Severus decided to keep the bat.
shadewatcher chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
lol Oooh guess Severus isn't the bat of the dungeons. XD Though the thought of him wearing a 'bat bow' in his hair would probably have half the school rolling in laughter.
pat wood chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Good story, could do with more of the same
San Juanita Hernandez chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
And cute and totally unsubtle use of our darling Sevvie's 'Always' :3
KneazleGriff chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Oh my – this story was so cute! Sorry I am only just reading and reviewing now, but honestly, this story is just as adorable read ten days before Christmas as it would have been if it had been read on Halloween! I just adore your Harry and Severus father/son stories. They're so funny and heartwarming. :)

This one had me laughing even harder than your Easter or Christmas postings! The visual of that tiny fuzzy bat clinging to the back of Sev's robes is hysterical. I can just see him spinning around and craning his neck in front of Flint and those first years, desperate to figure out what was hampering his trademark billow. Such a funny image! And the fact that it was a bat – since he is KNOWN as the dungeon bat of Slytherin – just adds to the hilarity of the whole thing.

It's also very cute how he just can't seem to find the nerve to Vanish the little creature. Oh yes, Sev, you just let him eat his gnats first... very polite of you. LOL! I can also easily picture the thing glaring at Severus when he tries to pry him off his finger. Who knew the grumpy ol' Potions Master could be out glared by a little winged mouse! ;)

Very, very enjoyable read. Bravo, Yen!

EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
This was truly and utterly adorable! w I wish a bat would perch on me. Kyuuu, so kawaii desuu. I also enjoy reading how much of a softie Harry's making Snape. Precious!
Lady DestinyHope chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
So cute! I loved it! I only wish there had been more interaction between Snape and Harry but I still enjoyed reading this! :) Please write more soon!
Halunygin chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
Sevviekins is soooo cute!
Keep writing:)
Pink Bead Girl chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
This was such a lovely story! I enjoyed every word that you wrote with your usual skill and carefully selected descriptiveness.

Whilst in real life I prefer bats, any kind of bats to be on the inside of the television screen and me far, far away on the other side, here in your sweet Halloween tale I gladly make an exception. I could be holding your sweet little batlet, you've made her sound so lovable.

I think the juxtaposition you have made between cranky old Snape and an adorably cute scrap of batty fluffiness...wonderful! I love how you made this little creature into such a pretty accessory, a piece of adornment that would be so lovely replicated in precious metal with a scrap of fur. I am sure they'd sell like hotcakes!

I enjoyed all the different reactions from those who know Snape best as anything but a fashion trendsetter or joiner-in of Halloween hilarities.

"...most er...tidy..."
" New fashion in honour of Halloween, Sir?...Cool!"
"Cool pet, Sir..."
"She's sweet..."
"She's so adorable..."

and I loved each grimace and frown and exasperated sigh that came with each utterance from Snape's fascinated fellow Hogwartians.

I liked how Snape went from thinking that the demise of the little bat would be good, "he remembered his supply of bat wings was getting low..." to slowly melting millimetre by millimetre at the thought of Harry's reaction, "...Looking far too often into those enormous green eyes had softened him..."

I loved how Sasha slid down the famous greasy hair to plonk onto Snape's shoulder and merely go to sleep. So cute! Having her jump onto his forefinger and curl up for more sleep was so nice too, seems like Sasha AND Harry both have Severus wrapped around their fingers now!

Having the white mouse join in the chorus of approval was cuteness personified as well. Pretty soon Snape's rooms will permanently echo with the glad voices of children and pets alike, something I am sure that the stern potion's master never envisaged in a thousand years.

Finally, the absolutest bestest, wonderfullest image (forgive my poetic license with the English language here but nothing else will quite do it justice,) is...

"Sasha tightened her grip, the action pulling her front paws in and pushing her wingtips up, giving Severus the appearance of wearing a tiny, black bow on top of his head."

That sentence just tickled my funny bone to death, made me read just that line over and over a few times, as you do when something really captures your imagination. Loved it to bits, that picture of Snape will never die in mind!

So thank you dear Yen, and your lovely daughter who inspires you to such excellent flights of fancy. It was great and I really look forward to reading the next installment of "Snape's Menagerie", lol. Thank you so much for the lovely time.
Sheankelor chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
*grinning madly* As always you have succeeded in tormenting Severus. He is now going to come over to see me to find someway of salvaging his reputation. And that is going to be really tough since there is a cute bat in the mix. *sighs*

I do like how you had him acquire a bat for Halloween though. I can't believe that Harry attached it to his clothes, or else it would have been squished while he ate breakfast, but it would be something that Harry would have done. It would also explain the long hug.

Thanks for letting the cute thing live...
yaoigirl22 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Aww poor Severus lol well at least he ll have some one to keep him company when Harry s away lol.

I loved it!
Schattengestalt chapter 1 . 11/4/2013

A mouse at Christmas and a bat at Halloween.*winks at Harry* I just wonder what pet Harry will get at the next celebration.*frowns and tries to think of other cute and little pets*
Well, to be correct, Severus got a pet this time and its perfect for him. He can use Sasha as a mascot... although I doubt that it will strengthen his reputation as the dungeon bat, if he walks around with a cute, little bat on his head.*giggles and ignores Severus glare*

But the bat isnt the only cute thing in that story.
Harry is also very cute.*smiles at the boy*
Its lovely to see how much he loves Severus and that he doesnt even think twice about given Severus a kiss in the middle of the Great Hall... although it was of course planned that he placed the little bat on Severus robes at that moment.*grins*
Nevertheless, it still shows that Harry truly loves Severus... and Severus loves him as well, otherwise he wouldnt have allowed Harry to huge and kiss him like that or would have told him off for doing so.*sighs in delight*

I guess, it doesnt matter now if Severus goes to lunch with Sasha or without her, since Minerva and Filius certainly told Albus already about the little bat and I doubt that Slytherin first years are very good at keeping secrets either.*tries not to laugh as she imagines Albus twinkle, when he greets Severus*

Ah, and I dare say that Severus reputation is already ruined, at least Harry, Hermione and Ron will never be afraid of him again.
Not only their greeting proves that, but also the fact that they already planned how to react to Severus new pet.*winks at the Potions Master* They were sure that Severus wouldnt harm the bat, otherwise Harry wouldnt have even placed it on Severus robes.*nods at the young boy*

Im really looking forward to the back story for your One-Shots or to another One-Shot, whatever comes first.*smiles*

So long!)

Nitmi chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
soooo cute! OMG!
Thanks for sharing! made my day!
Pura Vida!
notwritten chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
That was cute. Keep smiling. :-)
Princess Unikitty chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
"and the fact that although it was a perfectly good Thursday"

oh wait that doesn't work