Reviews for Dark of the Moon
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 3/16
Oooh ... How painful. Agonizing, haunting, but so beautifully written. Gives you chills.
Even though it's haunting, and saddening, it's still an amazing story. It fits perfectly with the Halloween theme. Spooky, haunting, and it's saddening too.
But in the end I really like this story. Amazing writing! ;)
demeter d chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
It had been a while since I had visited . I thought I would look for anything new from my "Favorites" list. This one fits very well with the other Halloween stories you have posted here. You have created a chilling, rich atmosphere. We stand right there in the cave with the elves. I like the foreshadowing of several things to come; the destruction of the dragon, the replacing of corrupt Masters at Laketown with a good man chosen by the people, and hmm, "I hope never to see a Balrog?"The poor woman shares the same misinformation that Sauron gave to Ar-Pharazon, the people themselves were undying, the land on which they lived did not make it so. It was good to see your peaceful resolution for the poor old woman. He returned for her on the night the veil between the worlds became thin. And yu can be sure that the Elves will always guard their resting place.
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
Gothically gorgeous. A beautifully written chilling tale.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
This is the kind of pain you wouldn't wish on any parent, ever. A chilling story, skillfully told.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Brilliant as ever, Randy. Sad, human and utterly chilling.
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
I got a chill down my spine at the appropriate point ("Do ye hear it? His voice on the wind? He's calling, 'Mother,come out to me.'") How many of these have you done so far? I count four on this account...
Aislynn chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Haunting! And I like these prophetic words, when Legolas says he has no wish to see a Balrog, either... well, fate will demand otherwise. I also loved the connection to your Story "To Wrap An Elven Princeling". The end works fine, too. Great to see another marvellous Halloween-story of you!
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Love it! Another great Halloween story! :)
Jaxzan Proditor chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Nice story. I like the idea of putting classic Halloween stories in a Middle-earth setting.