Reviews for Anima Mea
Very thrilling
BlueDorid chapter 32 . 7/11
I'm impressed by the care you took in researching for this fic! Also by the originality of it. I've read probably thousands of HP fic by now and this is the first of its kind. Thank you for writing!
French-Lo chapter 32 . 4/29
Nice story.
At first it was primarily the entire tone and mystery of your writing that kept me reading. The fascinating reveals and the connection between the both of them were brilliantly thought out and very in character. Now it's... Waiting for the final revelation, and anxiously screaming in my head for the both of them to hurry and get a clue! *lol* thanks for sharing this marvellous piece with us!
lena1987 chapter 32 . 3/4
What an absolutely fantastic read! I was hooked from start to finish. Your imagery was beautifully done, and the way you wove the historical notes in was just so pleasurable to read. I am in awe of your talent. Well done, well done, well done.
What a beautiful story! I love how much detail you put into your description of Ancient Italy and Pompeii. It's so fascinating to read one of my favourite pairings while also learning some cool history along the way. Makes me want to continue my Archaeology degree! Unfortunately, my former occupation wasn't nearly as glamourous as your Hermione's :) But I do miss the simple pleasure of discovery and putting the pieces of the puzzle together in order to figure out a more accurate account of history.

My specialty was the North American Stone Age. A really fascinating time if you ever get the chance to look it up. Your story reminded me of the research I did on Tlapacoya, a site in Mexico near the still active Popocat├ępetl volcano. It's a very controversial site, but there's some evidence suggesting that one reason for the disappearance of megafauna (mammoths, sabre-toothed cats, glyptodonts, etc.) in North America was catastrophic volcanic floods rather than climate change or overhunting by humans. The tephra layers from about 10,500 years ago contain massive bones beds with both animal and human remains. What's also interesting is that archaeologists have never been able to find anymore human remains after these layers in the whole Basin of Mexico until 4,000 years later in the archaeological record. This suggests a possible almost complete extinction of humans in the Basin of Mexico 10,000 years ago (and a subsequent resettling of humans 4,000 years later). Really unnerving stuff if you happen to live in Mexico City or thereabouts. Long story short, volcanoes are scary, deadly things.

Thanks again for such a lovely story that is both intellectually and creatively stimulating :)
Sela McGrane chapter 32 . 2/4
Okay, I have to think you from the bottom of my heart for this amazing fic. There are two things in this world that I love most - Harry Potter, and Archaeology. I've seen a few fics that delve into archaeology before, but none even bother to try for some semblance of accuracy. This. Was. Beautiful. It certainly didn't hurt that this is one of my favorite pairings, either. My soul is humming.
Einsam chapter 1 . 10/1/2015
I loved this so much. Gritty, adventurous and highly entertaining. I particularly enjoyed the way the story starts and finishes with the characters dreaming, really reinforces the whole theme.
SeverusSnape'sLove chapter 32 . 8/17/2015
Brilliant story. An absolute joy to read. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 32 . 5/10/2015
This was a beautifully complex read! I thoroughly enjoyed every word:) I thought that the history in this story was very well incorporated. I'm also a Latin student so I thoroughly enjoyed the Latin bits:) Thank you for a wonderful read!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 8 . 2/20/2015
Uff da. Another fab chapter. The complexity and detail here are just wonderful, and far beyond the normal 'the world is ending' fanfic. Love the juxtaposition between the mundane nature of Harry's travels and all the intrigue in Pompeii.
Ms. Anthrop chapter 6 . 2/20/2015
What a brilliantly unique tale! The setting- indeed, the set up- is like nothing I've read before.

Hmm, what a great chapter. You have us going that Snape is changed, a healer and a settled man, until you pulled back the curtain to reveal that it's all the same shite, different day :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the politics of the place are, and how Snape is entangled in them. The historical detail here is also fascinating, and makes me wonder if you have a background in archaeology, or simply enjoy the process of research. Good stuff, and looking forward to reading more!
Izzy2257 chapter 32 . 1/1/2015
This is the best time travel story I have read. I look forward to reading your other stories, and now feel the need to head to Italy so I can visit Pompeii for myself. Well done!
Dimac99 chapter 32 . 11/10/2014
What a fantastic story and in such a unique setting - an unanachronistic modern historical romantic adventure! And a great twist on the time turner story, I just adore that little *what if* at the end. Wonderful attention to detail and very atmospheric, you really brought Pompeii to life. I particularly loved Harry's panic at the tomb - to be fair I'd probably have wet myself! - because that really was quite ghastly. I'm looking forward to rereading this one, and probably quite soon.
ladelfin007 chapter 25 . 8/23/2014
Simply amazing story telling.