Reviews for Trick or Treat
StormWolf91 chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Hahaha, awesome! LOL

I love that Dante teaches Nero about demon hunting by showing him old horror films XD And the characterizations for them were right on point.

Nice touch weaving in the legend that demons and evil spirits walk among humans on Halloween. That makes for some great story ideas.

You have good taste in horror movies as well (and you mentioned Event Horizon :D). I also recommend: Trick R Treat, In the Mouth of Madness, Jacob's Ladder, The Woman in Black, Prince of Darkness, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Poltergeist, The Orphanage (2007), and The Island of Lost Souls.
Golden Gecko chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
So, before I get to the actual review, I have to say I squeed at all the 'Pumpkinhead' sprinkled over this piece. Made me want a crossover so bad! Its a great movie and the demon itself fits so well in the DMC universe. Shame on you Nero for not liking Pumpkinhead, serves you right.

For the actual review:

This isn't bad. I would have liked a little more description about the other demons lurking around. Also, I would have like a few more smart-ass comments from Nero about the other titles mentioned and/or Dante's opinions on them.

The biggest problem I have with this is all the wasted potential. I believe a whole slew of interlaced tributes or references could have been in this story. Not to just the ones mentioned above but many more. In much more vivid detail.

Its a nice little story though and kept the hunters well in character. The bantering between Nero and Dante was spot on and just the image of Dante and the rest of the hunters having a "Monster Movie Mash" puts a smile on my face.
Rabid Chimera chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
(I'm too lazy to login.)

This isn't as bad as you think it is. I would have enjoyed some more personal interaction between the boys, but that's just me. This was a cute, whimsical little Halloween piece. I've never seen Pumpkinhead, so I'm probably not as excited over it as I would be if I had, but there was nothing wrong with it. I'm just happy, as always, to see something, anything, from you, dear. :3
SirenaLoreley chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Lol, poor Nero! Such a 'fun' night they are gonna have XDD!
Happy Halloween!
bitbyboth chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Oh geeze, poor Nero! XD I guess Dnate thinks he's capable enough of handling himself or he wouldn't have left him alone. I liked this little piece through, fun and entertaining, definitely a treat ;3