Reviews for The Fellowship of the Pen
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
An update! And such a brilliant one, too :) I love the way you depict the Sue world in all its soft edges and hyperbole - - and reality-bending MSANs. You had me grinning the whole time :D I also so enjoyed meeting Thor and Pixie, and their conversation with the canon characters in Rivendell was perfect. Of course I also adored Merry and Pippin messing with Sauron and his snarking back at them ;)

As you can tell, I kind of loved everything :) Congrats on finishing school! I'm so happy for you, and that you'll have more writing time on your hands ;D

-Crackers
Aria Breuer chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
Been a long while since I last read this fanfic. It's turning out great and it's interesting to see Porter and Hawk's world, as well as all the quirks that occur in this one. I loved the conversation between Merry, Pippin and Sauron. Quite funny. :) Well done. Keep writing. :)
aridancer chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
I squeed when I saw that a new chapter had been posted. This was great and I can't wait for the next!
Mii3.1415926 chapter 2 . 12/18/2016
Ah! So hence is whereforth my Sues have been disappearing to! Let me at you, you disturber of the peace, and leave my simpering ellyth alone; true love will not be tempered with!
AredhelWD chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
Hooray, new chapter!
AredhelWD chapter 7 . 9/2/2016
I just read this story and I really enjoyed it! Your attention to detail is superb, and I really like the way you write the characters, Sauron and Denethor especially. It's very clever humour, and I'm really enjoying it! Please write more!
On an ending note, have you ever read the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde? It deals with canon stories rather than fanfics, but there are a lot of similarities between this and it.
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 7 . 1/21/2016
I'm just now getting around to reviewing, but I read this fic over the weekend-at the gym, actually, and I think it's safe to say I don't usually smile so much while I'm there. ;P I'm sure I looked like a regular nutjob grinning away on the treadmill, but that's how much I enjoyed this!

This story had me laughing at so many points: the descriptions of the Mary Sues - their appearances, their auras, their interactions with poor dear Legolas - never failed to crack me up, and now that the Fellowship's assembled, Sauron's solemn duty of providing snarky commentary as resident Dark Lord is superb. :D

You've also done such a great job with your own sub-creation with KANON and the Hub. I love all the detail you've put into it with the history, the time-scheme, the workings of the transporation between worlds, the kinds of worlds... "Realistic" isn't exactly the right word... ;) But I love the atmosphere all the thought you've put into the story creates. I'm pleasantly reminded of the PPC, which only adds to my love of this fic.

I can't wait to see what hilarity unfolds the deeper our Fellowship gets into Middle Earth!
-Crackeres
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
Oh, is he not lovely? I know, after those words he would probably burn me to ashes, but sincerely, he is really adorable here.
SquirrelCanHandleRandomness chapter 6 . 9/30/2015
I love how the character's canonical issues are brought up even though this is a parody. It adds a well placed level of seriousness, which is great next to your OCC Sauron.

And that conversation between Gimli and Sauron was delightful, with that questioning 'pipeweed' thrown in? That was great.

Good luck with your grad-classes.
SquirrelCanHandleRandomness chapter 5 . 9/26/2015
Dragging reluctant Dark Lords into world saving parties-Hawk's got some guts. I would love to see a reunion between Sauron and one of his 'daughters.' :P If you're taking suggestions?

Good grief this is a delightful fic, and the bit about his daughters really did make me laugh, seeing as I'm currently working on a fic featuring an angsty half-edain Stu son.
SquirrelCanHandleRandomness chapter 2 . 9/26/2015
This is fun! I love this. I think I started reading this a while back and stopped for some reason. I'm glad I've picked it up again. Leggie really should learn how to take care of himself though, or start trying to encourage fandom for other eligible bachelors.
SquirrelCanHandleRandomness chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
Why is it that I feel like Sauron wrote this? I'd love to see him take on a sue. In a parody of Gorthauro Estel, throw one in there to ruin his life further, or give him a much needed outlet to vent his frustrations. XD
RandomFandoms14 chapter 2 . 7/6/2015
Question: I thought Legolas DID have blonde hair...? Then again, he probably has brown hair in the books, and I've never read the books up to the point where he shows up.
7doom chapter 7 . 6/27/2015
Not a Legolas!mary-Sue! My eyes! MY EYES!
I love this story, it's hilarious.
Lysana chapter 7 . 6/15/2015
Trust issues aren't funny. Mocking and belittling that very real form of human trauma is not only ineffective as humor, it's also disrespectful. It surprises me that you, a generally aware person, would have missed that.

Other than that, good chapter.

By the way, I'm not interested in a personal reply to this review. That would just be upsetting to me, regardless of what you might say. If you think my comment is valid, that would best be addressed through the future choices you make about your publicized writing, and which aspects of human life and pain you do or don't choose to make a mockery of from today forward.

Turn about is fair play, though. I don't expect to read, let alone review, any more of your writing after this. So you won't have to worry about that.

-Lysana