Reviews for The Fellowship of the Pen
Whack-the-beetle chapter 9 . 8/30
Well, that's just hilarious. I wish the Sue-slayers existed in real and would purge this site of the trash you parody in this story. Looking forward to the adventures of the fellowship, especially with Sauron there - His Huffiness is half the fun in this.
Whack-the-beetle chapter 1 . 8/29
This note alone is worth reading the story - beautiful handwriting *snigger*
Squirrel-fifteen chapter 9 . 6/30
'Well...crap' about sums up that ending for sure. Whoo-boy...! Wow. I'll get to that in a bit though. XD

I want you to know I was super excited to see this update. It made me happy. It's a funny thing, I came across this fic a long time ago, when it was only a couple chapters long, and I read them both and set it aside, because at the time I had a massive Witch-King hankering, and I could tell based on the prologue this was about Sauron. Periodically I'd think about this fic though, for whatever reason. I guess Hawk was cool character and left an impression? It's nice, to have found this again, and it's heartening to see that it's still being taken care of.

I love that Porter taught Merry and Pippin Twenty Questions. They really seem to have an obsession with rings. Though I suspect that's largely for Sauron's benefit. Because it's would be crazy to cut the guy some slack.

The Sue lurking in the woods has made me curious. I can't help but feel that she might not be there for Leggy this time around.

Oh! The scenery- your depictions of the Sue world are fantastic. I love that they just happened across a random, but nonetheless perfect campsite. Your description as a whole, especially the sarcastic commentary about the colours of the sunset. YES! Yes! Yes! That I just loved, because it's so true. Oh my gosh is that not true?!

Thor and Pixie grew on me a bit in this chapter. They're not Hawk and Porter, but they're entertaining and delightful in their own way. And I'm curious as to how their plot is going to progress. Things are growing dire in Middle-earth.

Now, here's a question. I'm not sure if you intend to answer it in the fic or not, but the characters know how their stories end. Do you think their lives are on endless repeat, going through the story over and over again? I know to them all this is happening in the present of the characters, but I wonder if after the Sues and Sue-Slayers leave if the story ends and restarts. It's a rather unhappy thought. Maybe for the characters things progress linearly, but we as outsiders aren't privy to that continuation?

As for Eowyn and Faramir...you know, I'm with Sauron on this one to an extent. I hate it when Eowyn is depicted as a Sue, because I've seen that a few times, and it;s irritating. But with that said, I'd be pretty annoyed and disgusted if two grown adults were sitting over there, snogging away. The least they could do is wander off for some privacy, if they feel the need to be that intimate. Sauron's well with in his rights to be gagging. I wonder if anyone else was uncomfortable with it, and he was the only one brave enough to say something.

Eowyn's argumentativeness is not conductive to the situation. However she's got a point. The only person Sauron has ever been loyal to is himself, and he's only to going play nice with the rest of them (which he admits to later)while it works in his favour for him to be so. And I eagerly await to see how things will play out because of that.

I'm curious as to when he's going to become the group's official scribe.

Now about that ending scene. You know how to write powerful endings that leave people wanting more. I loved this ending for a plethora of reasons.

I think Saruon's smugness when he reveals his presence to Hawk and Porter is probably not as honest as it appears. I think there's a part of him that does get some satisfaction out of other's fear of him, but on the other hand I think there's definitely a part of him that doesn't. I think he really does yearn to be seen as a hero, figure. He's only trying to bring order to a messed up world. And under that haughty unruffled exterior is a roiling ocean of resentment.

I think he really takes offense to people making assumptions about him, and failing to trust him because of them. No one in the group, not even Porter and Hawk, have really tried to talk to him: what might actually be motivating. (Even in a Sue-Slaying romp, you manage to make the guy sympathetic. Stop it! Desiring to hug Dark Lords is hazardous to my health! I shouldn't like him. You're making me like him! No!)

Just because he's heard worse doesn't mean that fact that he's not trusted, even by people who admit that they need him, can't hurt. But in all his awesomeness he just shrugs his issues off, and slips into the dark leaving horror, guilt, and fear in his wake. He really is a basket case.

I loved this update, and I look forward with diabolical glee, to seeing what disasters befall The Fellowship.

Keep up the great writing!

-Squirrel
Numinous Scribe chapter 2 . 6/26
Well that certainly takes Sue-killing to a whole new level! You certainly grabbed my attention in the prologue with all that sass, but this chapter really convinced me to keep reading. I love this― the description gives a nice imagery and sets up a believable atmosphere. Even if this is the first LOTR fanfic that I've ever read it basically kills every trope from all the different fandoms and it's brilliant! This parody is honestly a great idea and I'm excited to keep reading!
drwatsonn chapter 9 . 6/23
I'm so glad to see this story updated! I was just thinking about it a few days ago. Great work, as usual, and I can't wait for more! xx
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 9 . 6/23
I'm always so delighted to see an update to this one! This chapter is pure brilliance. I read on a flight, and let me tell you, I had my hand clapped over my mouth to avoid cackling like crazy and getting dirty looks from the rest of the plane ;) Sauron's snark continues to amaze and amuse - and I love that Eowyn is the one who's most 'eager' to argue with him, how totally in-character :D His remarks on Porter and Hawk's conversation were perfect, too.

I also loved the 'Miss Mandos' lines and the beginning of Hawk's slight Prophecy of the North remix :) So much good stuff in this chapter! I look forward to the next :D

-Crackers
LadyPorpoise chapter 9 . 6/23
This is entertaining, and the construction of the worlds is well done. Small idea: would it be possible for Sauron to take on Annatar form? I think that'd be funny to see what would happen, and another target because "pretty elf!" :) Great surprise for the Sues perhaps.
Aria Breuer chapter 9 . 6/23
Good chapter. Well done, and I am already seeing sympathy for Sauron in this chapter. Anyway, well done. I look forward to reading more chapters. :)
Celridel chapter 9 . 6/23
Truly a absolutely hilarious story! Love it!
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
An update! And such a brilliant one, too :) I love the way you depict the Sue world in all its soft edges and hyperbole - - and reality-bending MSANs. You had me grinning the whole time :D I also so enjoyed meeting Thor and Pixie, and their conversation with the canon characters in Rivendell was perfect. Of course I also adored Merry and Pippin messing with Sauron and his snarking back at them ;)

As you can tell, I kind of loved everything :) Congrats on finishing school! I'm so happy for you, and that you'll have more writing time on your hands ;D

-Crackers
Aria Breuer chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
Been a long while since I last read this fanfic. It's turning out great and it's interesting to see Porter and Hawk's world, as well as all the quirks that occur in this one. I loved the conversation between Merry, Pippin and Sauron. Quite funny. :) Well done. Keep writing. :)
aridancer chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
I squeed when I saw that a new chapter had been posted. This was great and I can't wait for the next!
Laegwen chapter 2 . 12/18/2016
Ah! So hence is whereforth my Sues have been disappearing to! Let me at you, you disturber of the peace, and leave my simpering ellyth alone; true love will not be tempered with!
AredhelWD chapter 8 . 12/18/2016
Hooray, new chapter!
AredhelWD chapter 7 . 9/2/2016
I just read this story and I really enjoyed it! Your attention to detail is superb, and I really like the way you write the characters, Sauron and Denethor especially. It's very clever humour, and I'm really enjoying it! Please write more!
On an ending note, have you ever read the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde? It deals with canon stories rather than fanfics, but there are a lot of similarities between this and it.