Reviews for Exotic Matter
TheLoud chapter 2 . 7/4
Wow. You managed to make the plot even more complicated, while staying compatible with canon. Brilliant.

I’m having a little trouble imagining Severus “Always” Snape cheating on his memory of Lily, and McGonagall with her first aid kit walking right past Lupin... Aargh! But I can suspend my disbelief for a good story.
Beautiful, bittersweet story. Well done!
Hpmcgonagallheart001 chapter 1 . 4/10
This is interesting... I can't think that Minerva would have actually been dead though, it's hard to imagine. I mean McGonagall, dying? Then again I couldn't imagine her having sex with Rufus Scrimgeour either. And how does Severus tie into all of this? It seems, in the beginning at least, she fancies Dumbledore until she is found out by Mr. No-nose, then she falls for Scrimgeour? How the f*** did Minerva Bloody McGonagall fall for a guy like Scrimgeour? And I can actually see Hermione having a crush on Minerva, but wow. This was very long and detailed but it left me with a few questions too, like how in Merlin's name does Severus tie into all of this, and how does Min fall for a guy like Scrimgeour? This is very intersting and I can't wait to read and see where this goes.
Francis Z chapter 2 . 12/29/2016
Squibstress is a remarkably good writer (and self-editor), and while I enjoy her Potter fanfic stories, there's a part of me convinced she is wasting her talent. She should be writing- and having published- her own original work, rather than borrowing Rowling's world. And she should be doing so under her own name!

[Tell me the name and I'll buy the novels!]
Neelie2009 chapter 2 . 8/21/2016
Super cool story, I would love some spinoffs of MM and SS in their cottage :)
Neelie2009 chapter 1 . 8/21/2016
I'm totally hooked, the take on HG and how adolescent idolization can take on a life of its own is very well done
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 5/25/2016
Oh, of *course* Hermione isn't going to use the Time Turner to see Minerva and Snape. Oh, no, never!

But I'm glad at least one Minerva counted Snape's life valuable enough to save; no one else in canon ever did (Trio, looking at you-dittany helped save Harry from Nagini's bite, and Hermione didn't care back then to try again. And Snape was still bleeding, and thus still alive, when they left).

Well done.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/18/2016
First of all, I have to admire the nuclear-class (or should I say quantum-class?) geekery. It reminds me of the volitional physics in Diane Duane's THE WOUNDED SKY (Star Trek book, very well done).

I love how you intersperse the dry papers, the scenes of Minerva's life, and Hermione's reaction and her life. That is also very neatly done, and with the greatest impact.

Also, I notice that Snape's portrait doesn't move or speak...a bug or a feature? I expect we'll find out.

But Hermione should realize that at least in the 20th century, if a man and woman get involved, it's the woman who gets fired, though I expect that brings on the rage.

I do love how you show Hermione and Ron and their life together, and how considerate they are of each other, and how Hermione keeps her feeling for Minerva to herself.
lilienprinzessin chapter 2 . 8/12/2014
Very interesting. I always loved PoA because of the TT. And very clever that it was ultimately Albus and Minerva who used it for nearly a whole term. And I just love the idea that Minerva invented it and had for decades the only functioning one and gave it to Hermione making up some Ministry Story. Amazing that Hermione didn't get it sooner what with not having to sign anything...
But a few questions:
1. Did Scrimgeour obliviate Minerva of their affair?
2. And more importantly, which Minerva was in the Cottage? Present or future? At first I assumed (stupidly?) it would be future Minerva, but when it is future Minerva how did she not know that Severus attended the Christmas Party? However if it is present Minerva, why can't they discuss Quidditch? She wouldn't know the outcome, would she? The more I think about it present Minerva makes more sense, however future Minerva must've been overly careful to do everything for nearly a whole term as before...
Too bad about Remus. Poor Minerva.
I congratulate myself though that I knew who wrote the letter after reading it for the third time. The first and second time I thought it was a letter from Minerva to either Hermione or Snape, but since nothing made sense - voila. Anyway you made that clear as the Story went on. I was just a Little proud I got it right.
I also like how you describe Ron and Hermione and that he isn't a complete jerk (as often happens in the ff world). (BTW I apologize for the random capitalizing, my Computer does it, since I'm german and I'm too lazy to always go back to correct it.)
So yes, very interesting Story. Thanks!
eltseth chapter 2 . 12/19/2013
amazingggg. I love this. Minerva's and Severus' ending sounds so tragic, but strangely appropriate. and your writing style really is wonderful. hats off xx
Night Vision1 chapter 2 . 12/3/2013
Such a different story for me to read, but I am very glad I did! Really good, and such a neat idea, enjoyed it a lot.
princegeorge chapter 2 . 11/28/2013
Wow. What an amazing story, you truly are a genius. And do I detect an open ending...?
HeRonLove chapter 2 . 11/10/2013
Wow Minerva and Severus who would have seen that coming.
Saeshmea chapter 2 . 11/9/2013
Brilliant. I'm speechless... this was breathtaking... wow.
Mel chapter 2 . 11/8/2013