Reviews for Roads Not Taken
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 11/27
You're making me cry – but in a good way. Brilliant characterisation. Thank you.

In my second-last year of school, I was in FAME!... And also going through a HP reread. There's a song Miss Sherman, the English teacher, sings: "These Are My Children". Ever since I heard that song, it's caused me to think about the childless teachers who are so good with kids...and wonder. This spills into HP of course; that "NO!" Minerva yells when she sees Hagrid carrying Harry in DH...
Anyway, I strongly recommend watching/ listening to it, if you haven't seen it. The words are powerful...and speak somewhat to Minerva's position.
happy-me-111 chapter 1 . 11/26
Holy gravy this is such a wonderful story. I love Molly as an auror and Minerva as a mother. And of course Arthur's the Muggle Studies teacher. :) Thanks for this great story.
Evia Wingjade chapter 1 . 2/22
I am so very impressed by this story. I love the way you wove the Road Not Taken into the story that was, as well as the scenes from the aftermath of the Battle of Hogwarts. Masterfully crafted, in my humble opinion.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it was really a pleasure to read.
notanalpaca chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Deep. At first I was a bit confused, but I really like the concept. Honestly, it left me in tears.
leighroberts chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Usually, I'm not into multiple POV, skipping through time AUs. But this was lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
It's amazing. I love how you included her backstory from Pottermore in this. It makes it really believable.
buildingcamelot chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
WOW! I loveee the way that you have linked these two women together and the way that you've recognized that they both had a choice, as all women of a certain age and ability do, about how they wanted to live their lives. And no choice is better than the other, because eventually, we all do end up where we belong. Fascinating! Molly as a dueling champ was so fantastic with her brothers cheering her on, and the idea of Dumbledore paying that simple visit to the cottage to find out just what he needed to know about her life now. Fantastic!
alyssialui chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
I was a bit confused over what was real and what was a memory or a dream. But it was still good. Great job
Nikki the Criminal Girl chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Diane.Y chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
A beautiful story. Very delicate and right. Thank you.
Marilee Susan Way chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Wow, what a fantastic story. Not only is it well-written, encompassing 2 AU's and a canon-compliant story all in one, but it was incredibly wise. I feel like I learned! That poem is so famous but I've never thought of it the way you interpreted it before and I feel like such an idiot for not seeing it this way. "You can't regret the paths you don't take" and "All you can do is make the most of the path you're on."

That just... wow... thank you for writing. I honestly feel like my life is enriched after reading this. Not exactly something I expect in fanfiction.
McGonagall25 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
It was really good. I like it a lot.
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Nicely done. I liked the back and forth view points.
MrSkeeter chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Great read. Thank you so much for writing and sharing.
Poppy P chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Absolutely brilliant! Not a fan of AU's at all, but the way you used it here and how it brought them to right where they were supposed to be anyway - just genius! So true, the idea that MInerva's loss was just as great, if not greater than all the mothers that lost a child in battle, because they were all her children on some level. The fact that you threw in a Robert Frost poem, was just the icing on the cake. Great job!