Reviews for Sounds Of Home
Gig889 chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
very good
Millie chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Yes, Kitty was home and her voice would be the one sound that would make it so for Matt.
Debbie w chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
Kitty always brought it all home for your description of the "Sounds of Dodge"especially the most important sound of all.
BigMommaT chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Excellent.
Kittylover chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
I agree. I think Kitty's voice would sound like home to Matt.
murphycat chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Wonderful use of the senses. I think your characterization is spot on. I really liked this story. I love it when a writer creates a scene in my mind so vividly. I know you must know about horses because once a horse gets near home there a royal pain. Lol
gsobsess chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Really nicely written moment in time. The imagery you created painted a very vivid picture of Matt returning to Dodge. I really enjoyed the back story of Dutch and fits in so well with Matt's character. Love that you made Kitty's voice the sound of home. Hope to see more from you!
RhyannD chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
So very well written. Excellent imagery.
Glow1012 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Adept character study! This was different and so interesting! Thank you for writing this!
tengland2 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Small towns have their ways. Around here, depends on the wind, hearing the boat whisle departure/arrival and which line, where the fire department is heading for. Sometimes passing a resturant, you can tell what day of the week it is or the special of the day. Nicely done.
SuzyQ chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Very nice,
lostcowgirl chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
A nice slice of life, N. I'd still like you to use this as the starting point for another story where his habit of checking sound & sight saves him and/or Kitty.
DodgeCityAngel chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
A character study from a different perspective...this was really interesting and I enjoyed it very much! Hope you will write more Gunsmoke!
broncomap chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
This is a lovely little gem. Nice narrative of Matt's thinking.
rosebudlady chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Excellent story - you captured the characters very well. I liked the vivid descriptions. Well done.