Reviews for For Want of a Clone
zolydck chapter 2 . 4/21
I would love to see a continuation of this story.

It is well written, balanced, and you clearly have well thought out future plans.
Dii10star chapter 1 . 4/7
Wow... This is an amazing chapter. You have a dedicated fan in me
m chapter 1 . 3/18
Phoenixbat chapter 2 . 2/13
MORE!
Greysh chapter 2 . 1/2
a very interesting start :) I like what you did with the clones and the different teachers. good luck with the next chapter!
Preier chapter 2 . 1/1
i find the long chapters of descriptions a bit less attention-griping than the dialog&interaction chapters. necessary worldbuilding, i guess.

very nice, smart, use of shadow clones for this naruto. the possibilities, almost completely ignored in canon, are sooo rich.

sekmarcspn chapter 2 . 12/29/2013
While there are some grammar issues that I noticed, on the whole the story is well written. The progression and explanation seem well reasoned and so far the story is entertaining. Still, I look forward to the start of the next leg of the story because I'm anxious to see Naruto interacting with more people and especially more people his own age. Hope to see more from you soon! Happy Writing!
Sarsky chapter 2 . 12/12/2013
I love the story. It's good but I have a request to keep Haku alive unlike shifts in time. As you said Naruto needs people to support him. In cannon he have no support, backing or anything whatsoever despite being Yondaime's son, since this is fanfiction he needs people whom he could trust, people of his own age. Haku male or female could be his friend or love interest. Sakura always been a sore point for me. Kushina was formidable woman who had struggled most of her life. In comparison to her Sakura holds no candle, I just don't find any comparison. Even Hinata, she is sweet girl and all but she is boring. I was told that if anyone marries Hinata they have to change their surname because she is an heiress. And Uzumaki name is what makes Naruto, Naruto.
sertry chapter 2 . 12/11/2013
Interesting _
Fox Boss chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
A few questions if I may?
1: Will Naruto learn his elemental affinity soon?
2: Are you willing to take suggestions for jutsu for Naruto to learn?
3: Will Naruto get a Bloodline or Special Skill?
4: Will Naruto get a Special Weapon?
Kail Blade chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
You misspelled Gai quite a lot, in fact you only spelt it right once. Besides that it's good
dalulzing chapter 2 . 11/30/2013
I love the way you explain Naruto's learning process but is he prepared to kill? The Hokage has more blood on his hands then any of his ninjas could dream of.
Endgames chapter 2 . 11/28/2013
This is an interesting story so far. I like the extremes that you take the Shadow Clone technique to, as I feel like it could be used with so much more versatility than I see a lot of authors take it to. I also like that you are addressing the memory feedback, and have some limits in place to prevent the usual (dispel 1000 clones, learn 1000 books). I do feel like you are developing Naruto a little too quickly. It would be nice to see him forget a bunch of the stuff he learns, since that is a reasonable expectation for someone living for a year in a day. He would remember the stuff that he uses continuously, but the little things would really slip through the cracks.

I'm glad that you're considering switching the teams around a bit. It's not that I am expressing a preference towards any particular team, but it would be nice to see something different. It sounds like you plan to put the Wave arc in there, which I find unfortunately repetitive. If you could change up the fights, tactics, and details a bit, it would make for a much more interesting read. For example, it always bugs me when Haku "kills" Zabuza and carries him off just like in canon. Maybe Zabuza gets himself away once, or Haku joins in the fight, or it's totally different enemies all together. Maybe Gato always goes around with ninja bodyguards so that he couldn't be killed by any Genin off the street. The little things that would just make sense.

It was good to see you bring up the other unfortunate side effects of abusing Shadow Clones - the loneliness. I was a bit disappointed to see that Naruto's solution was to just train with Iruka. You'd think that he'd want to try sending out some clones to interact with others just for fun. I'm not saying have him go learn how to "speak girl" and become an instant ladies man. It could be as simple as to henge into a little kid and play hopscotch with some other kids. It just would be nice to see him do something a little different and add some social element to his endless training schedule.

I'm interested to see how this story will continue. Thanks for writing!
Ashans23 chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
QUOTE: This does not mean I intend to overpower Naruto EN QUOTE

ok i can understand for part 1 but please during the training trip have Jiraya or whatever train Naruto SERIOUSLY! cause have you seen the real Madara in the latest chapter? THAT is an oveverpower and dare i say GODlike character... seriously Kishi realy LOVE his Uchiwa...
Guest chapter 2 . 11/23/2013
that was a reallllllyyyy long rant at the end but its a really good story so you are forgiven, HOWEVER! you must up date asap.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »