Reviews for Determinant: One choice will change everything
Amazing
Charms22 chapter 1 . 8/16
Fantastic
macc chapter 50 . 7/27
I enjoy your writing and the story path fit with where Roth's books left off. Some items were unnecessary and disappointing, but most all of it I enjoyed.
trini86 chapter 1 . 7/20
I love the writing and the ideas that was place into this! What a perfect ending! Well done
Scholar chapter 8 . 6/29
May I just say that this is a really good story and I advise you to continue writing! Use this gift for storytelling that you have and do something good with It.

- A scholar
Amina zafar chapter 50 . 6/6
What a journey!
I thoroughly enjoyed every single idea or twist that youbhave put in this . At first I thought this was just another fanfic , but I felt as if this was actually a book. Your hard work has truly paid off in this aspiring fanfic . I love the fact that you have put your own little twist to the events that take place but stay true to the characters personna. Thankyou so much hh
Anonymous Girl Gamer chapter 50 . 5/7
I'm a big fan of Allegiant, despite its ending. But now that I've read this, I wish this was the canon story and Allegiant was the fanfiction.
I'll start off by saying how much I loved the character development. Peter, in particular, was the one I felt you developed the best. He isn't all that prominent in Allegiant, which I felt was a pity for such an interesting character (perhaps that was done on purpose by the author so we could use our imaginations about his backstory... who knows?). In this story (if this was canon) I finally got an explanation as to why Peter is the way he is. You made me feel pity for him without making him likeable or out of character, without excusing his actions: I understood him better, I understood his motives more.
I also like how you used Amar. I think he should have had a more important role in Allegiant, but he didn't:-( I feel that in the real book he could have been taken out or replaced by someone else in a few occasions, and it wouldn't have changed the story all that much. Here, he's a more important, interesting character.
The way you wrote Tris and Tobias's relationship was outstanding, and so realistic to the books. They didn't have the perfect, fight-less relationship throughout this story (as was in the books), but despite everything, they loved each other very much, through circumstances that might have destroyed another relationship. I also loved the epilogues, and their world was much better at the end, with more freedom and more choice.
My favourite part in the story was the broadcast, where Tris sees how Tobias sees her. Even though she has aptitude for "only" three of the factions, I now see that to some extent, she is kind and even honest. I loved how Tobias loved her for what she was, not because he was looking through "rose tinted glasses", like Tris said. This may sound random, but I also liked when Tris said that her eyes represent the three factions she has aptitude for: black for Dauntless, blue for Erudite, and grey for Abnegation.
This must be my longest review ever! Just to let you know that I absolutely loved this fanfic (which should be canon, or published as an alternate sequel to Insurgent or something). Dare I say it? I think I love this more than Allegiant, the ending being one of the main reasons, but also because I felt the plot made a bit more sense. I do, however, have one complaint: this story has ruined me for other Divergent fanfics, or most of them, anyway!:-)
What more can I say? This is excellent, fantastic. I've read many amazing fanfics, but this tops them all.
Hey,

I found this story few weeks ago. Wow. Thank you. I can finally be happy with Divergent. I haven't been able to be happy with it in years. Thank you for giving hae to Tris and Four. Greetings from Finland! /anu
SML chapter 1 . 4/14
Thank you so much for dreaming up and sharing this story. As someone who connected with and loved these characters, reading Allegiant was traumatic. Your lovely and redeeming alternative has completely replaced that disappointment and allowed for much needed closure. So grateful that other fans of the series who felt the same thought to reference your version on Amazon reviews and lead me here. Congratulations - wish I could have a paperback of this on my bookshelf.
opium0dreams chapter 50 . 8/26/2017
Thank you for the works you gave to The Divergent fandom. I get so emotionally invested in characters, and would not have been able to cope with the original canon ending. Determinant gave me a profoundly beautiful and comforting closure, I can now read and watch Divergent again (and maybe Insurgent someday) with a feeling of hope and victory. I read Determinant, Becoming Determinant, and will read Prior Rings soon.

Objectively - "Becoming Determinant" and "Determinant" were so much more than simple YA SciFi Romance. All of the narrative skillfully led to clearly visualized scenes, the romance was very well done throughout every step (much better than the original source material), and all the character motives and behaviors were were solid and consistent. The presentation and resolution of the socio-political conflict was solid, believable, and inspiring without being redundant and preachy. The bravery of growing past the limitations of their upbringing and societal expectations...how they "always got back up off the mat to keep fighting" for the sake of loved ones...and the way Tobias overcame the temptation to stay within the walls inside himself to truly live and love no matter how excruciating the pain... THAT gave the story its clear and undeniable message of self sacrifice so many more times over than the cheap and forced shock ending from Allegiant.

Personally - through the perspective switches and the other character's backstories (especially Peter, Evelyn, and to some degree Marcus), I re-learned very important truths about empathy, the toxicity of selfishness/self-serving, and love that have regrettably diminished in me over the years. The most emotional part for me personally, and the reason I wanted to make sure to let you know just how much of an impact the Determinant fics continue to have, is that survivors of child abuse can make this journey within the mind of Tobias, and read his character profile in your author bio and FINALLY understand. Why they can't control their temper or break free from self-doubt (and even self-hatred). Why the struggle to work extra hard at being strong to overcome it fails and they just feel weak inside, trapped away from everyone behind the walls they build in their minds. Why they never feel like they deserve anything good (especially partners that treat them well)... And most of all worry to the depths of their being that no matter how hard they try, they will become their parents. That even though they would never consciously choose to pass down the same pain and oppression they experienced, they fear the brokenness and darkness inside that always comes out when they feel vulnerable, hurt, or afraid... and as a result will end up physically and emotionally harming the ones they love the most in the inevitable difficult moments of relationship, marriage, and parenting in the future.

I'm grateful the story continued on past the conflict and the expected tidy little happy ever after kiss -end- and actually into a happy future. That was deeply helpful for me to journey with them and see his behavior as an emotionally balanced partner and parent...I can finally feel like there's hope for me too. Hope that there's a way to heal and maybe even have a marriage and a family someday that is respectful, supportive, and loving.

In my opinion, the care put into fleshing out every step of the entire story but most especially Tobias' recovery journey elevated it from a "fanfic" to a work of literature that has touched the lives of others. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I wish this story could be spread to more than just the fandom. I really think it would help so many people. I was riveted every moment and crying as I wrote parts of this.
bamberlee chapter 49 . 8/9/2017
This story was absolutely incredible! So much happened! It was just riveting. I'm going to read Prior Rings next, and at some point I will definitely read Becoming Determinate and Determinate again. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your talent with us!
** OUTSTANDING**
bamberlee chapter 47 . 8/8/2017
Smiles for MILES!
bamberlee chapter 46 . 8/8/2017
Their reunion was absolutely PERFECT.
bamberlee chapter 45 . 8/8/2017
I'M SO EXCITED! :D
bamberlee chapter 44 . 8/8/2017
! Crazy things unfolding in this chapter! Crazy, crazy things! So well written!
2,225 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »