Reviews for All you need is Pi
tanyapotter chapter 4 . 11/13/2016
Great story! Very well written! I quite enjoyed it. There wasn't enough Kate/Alexis interaction on the show. Thank you for adding it to the fanfiction world. Lovely A/N at the end too!
aevian17 chapter 4 . 12/24/2013
I have read some of your work and as of now you are my favorite. You have made me laugh and also cry, especially your note at the end of this story. Keep the good work, I have you as my favorita now so I will read everything you post. God keep on blessing you and your Pi! Also, Happy Holidays! From sunny Puerto Rico.
Regards, Ana Evelyn
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 4 . 11/18/2013
And Pi will never replace you. – I hope she says something like that in the show sometime. I see a little bit of the old Castle and Alexis in this part of the conversation.

I really don’t like them ganging up on Castle. The playful way they do on the show sometimes is one thing, but not where they are all right and he is all wrong.

If Pi is willing? I’m sorry, but I really don’t like the way Alexis is acting in this.

She understood him. – Thank you for that. Really.

Mother will kill me if she finds out I ate her ice cream. - LOL
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 3 . 11/18/2013
You’ve made him a lot more mature in this than I’ve seen in the show.

So you really think Castle has behaved worse than Pi? Huh.

“Don’t worry Mr. C. I got your back. – That sounds just like something Pi would say. I don’t know why, but it does.

I know, this review is really short. Sorry. Maybe I'll do a couple more to make up for it. :)
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 2 . 11/18/2013
She had told him to wait – I could see her doing that, and Castle not taking the advice.

Pi wasn’t that bad – To me, it’s not Pi who is the problem as much as Alexis and the way she is acting and the blatant disrespect she is showing her dad.

A lot like Martha – a young, immature Martha, sure.

She does need to listen to his side of the story; I 100% agree with that. She keeps saying that it’s immature to be taking sides and yet it seems to me that in your story, as in the show, she has taken Alexis’ side whether she realizes it or not.

You need to back off the papa bear act or you are going to lose your daughter. – That much I would agree with.

She is my daughter and she is none of your business so stay out of it. – Talk about hypocrisy. I personally can’t see Castle saying something like that to her, although he is pretty sensitive where Alexis is concerned, understandably.

Comparing Caskett to Pi and Alexis? Huh. Although I guess the analogy fit.

But can you really compare being kidnapped to losing your mother? And Alexis had Castle and Martha to help her through; Kate didn’t have anyone, because her dad was lost in the bottle and Kate was the one who eventually helped pull him out. Alexis’ kidnapping certainly could contribute to how she is acting, as could just the normal issues with growing up. But to me neither excuses the way she is acting. Explains, maybe, but doesn’t excuse it.

All his fault? I’m going to have to agree to disagree on that one.
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Wow. I’m not sure if you’ll agree with my opinion but with that first paragraph Alexis comes off as a spoiled brat. Which, to some extent, I think she is being on the show right now.

You’re not wearing a wire – LOL Castle just might do that if he could actually get Kate to go with it, which I don’t think she would.

I was a kid once, too. – I can’t believe she said that. Really? Talk about disrespecting her dad.

I hate it when people turn up to my place unannounced….And yet you’re still marrying my dad. – LOL

I’ve been doing my best to control your father – Sounds to me like she’s already taking sides, and not in Castle’s favor. But she’s trying to help Alexis understand his side more than I expected, and a lot more than she has on the show so far. (The way-on the show-Martha and Kate are acting like Castle is the only one in the wrong really bugs me)

But I’m an adult – who is acting like a five year old pouting because she didn’t get her way; I’m waiting for the full blown temper tantrum, I’m sure it will be coming up in the next few episodes.

Kate definitely has the point of Castle struggling with adjusting to Pi, but keep in mind he didn’t have the same problem with Ashley or Max. Although they were very different people and neither of them moved into an apartment with Alexis.

Alexis just because you’ve been the perfect child doesn’t give you the right to go off and be wild and expect your father not to say anything. – Thank you for this. I would love it if someone would point this out to St. Alexis (someone, I don’t remember who, called her that) on the show. In fact, I’m really hoping someone will; hmmm, maybe Ryan or Esposito…you can use that for another fan fic idea, if you want.

Well, you got in –Did he say that? How did I miss that? I can’t believe he said that. I know Alexis is academically smart and he’s generally very proud of her, but wow. And not a good wow.

Not be so hard on him – THANK you!

I was wondering about that at the time; we may have even chatted about it on Skype, I don’t remember for sure.

We have never really talked about how you feel about our relationship – That has puzzled me.

Josh was a cardboard cut-out; Castle’s an action figure. I LOVE it!

He was happy and in love Kate. You were foremost in his mind. That’s a good thing. – Now if Alexis can just get back to this level of maturity on the show….
Dandan22207231 chapter 4 . 11/7/2013
I loved your story, and while it as fiction, it has lots and lots of real world all over it. I loved the part of the story with Pi and Mr. c; as a dad who lived the exact situation that you described, my daughter would not listen to advice and it has cost her 15 years of grief-and she broke her dads heart, just as Alexis broke her dad's heart. Grandmothers tend to be able to see things better than dads, and it was important in your story that Martha helped Alexis. As you indicated there were issues all around in this story, and I was glad to see that you humanized Pi-Marlowe and the writers didnt do this in the series intentionally so the conflict became real to the viewer. However, they are no different than each one of us as we start out life. I was a little surprised that in your story Castle STILL came off as the ogre regarding the proposal-after all, Alexis didnt inform Castle that she was bringing a beau home to live in his home, either. Anyway, your treatment of the characters at the end of Ch. 4 was about right-all were flawed, but all were addressing the family issues as required. Keep up the good work! BTW, congrats on your 7 years with your Pi. My 'Pi' and I are working on our 48th year, and the thrill is still there. I second your last sentence of A/N.
Ilovetoread09 chapter 4 . 11/6/2013
Interesting. I liked your take on Pi, even though I have to admit I think he's slightly more clueless on the show. Also, really liked the conversation between Kate and Alexis and Kate did give birth Alexis and Rick some advice. That definitely needs to be done more on the show since Kate is going to be part of the family. Nice job!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/4/2013
Good story. Great job.
dote chapter 4 . 11/4/2013
God Nat you are talented. Loved this story. Happy Anniversary for next week. Looking forward to your next fanfic. Til next time .. Dot
jennkyle chapter 4 . 11/4/2013
Congratulations for you and your pi I loved the story it was so good
jennkyle chapter 3 . 11/4/2013
Great chapter I don't like pi but reading this story make me want to like him
jennkyle chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
I loved it such a great first chapter
Alana chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
All in all I think you're spinning a good story and it just needs a little refinement.

I know it's sort of a first draft; there are many spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors, but those are just minor distractions and I'm not going to go all Grammar Nazi on you. Some sentences have redundancies. Might be worthwhile to read the dialog aloud and see if it flows; there is a little clunkiness. Also the mention of Rick torturing the kidnapper strikes a bad chord. He has enough trouble just sharing tidbits of his own insecurities with Kate, and he has a very carefully-constructed facade, just like Kate's wall. He has an intense emotional investment in keeping Alexis looking up to him, and I really don't think he'd say much more about it than "Beckett let me talk with the kidnapper." Alexis would be the last person he'd tell, because then she'd feel responsible for something very dark and ugly.

There is also a teeny bit of sexual innuendo that Kate wouldn't say: "you don't need to know what he was trying to do". I also question whether Kate still sees Rick as a child. He can be playful & childlike in enthusiasm, and petty when disappointed. But his fatherly relationship with Alexis is one of the things that made Kate (and us as viewers) take him seriously from the start, and he's proven repeatedly to Kate (and me, at least!) that when it's necessary to act like a responsible adult, he's got it down.

That was the negative stuff. The positive stuff is that you have a lot of good in here, just refine it & keep going!
lb chapter 4 . 11/3/2013
Pi has shown no respect for Castle and therefore Castle should not be expected to just accept him. If the boy can't respect the father, then he can't respect the daughter either and that is definitely not what Castle wants for his little girl. Kate should be on Castle's side on this and stop saying that Alexis is growing up and needs to go through this process because Castle is only trying to keep Alexis from getting hurt again. I'm glad you found 'your Pi' but I suggest that yours is not really like the 'Pi' in the show (as he has been presented so far anyway).