Reviews for Convergence
Photogirl1890 chapter 2 . 11/4/2013
There aren’t enough quality depictions of the pre-Voyager Maquis around, so this is most definitely a welcome addition to the existing few. The “odd mixture of confidence and hesitance” – is a perfect character observation of B’Elanna, along with the “practiced mask of disinterest” for Tom, and Chakotay being “too trusting by half”. The scene set ("Town-from-a-Box”) is so easily pictured, and the politics introduced and laid out simply (in a good way) and accurately. The theme of manipulation from Chakotay (with Seska pulling the strings) in the name of the cause is very interesting. Seska’s “long history with the Cardassians” still makes me laugh. And, of course, a big thumbs up for the proto-P/T : )
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
No offense to JT, but this is better than “Pathways”. Tying those two events – Caldik Prime and B’Elanna leaving the Academy – together, to the same Stardate, is inspired. The subtle foreshadowing of the crash, Tom’s side-stepping of protocol for a worthy cause, the little details on the OCs - are all excellent. But I think the most striking image to me in this first section is the poignancy and juxtaposition of B’Elanna’s leaving “the idyllic campus where she once thought she would find answers and purpose”.
Missyhissy3 chapter 2 . 11/4/2013
Great start to the story, I hooked. Thank you for posting it.
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 11/3/2013
Oh, but I like this. I like this very much. We don't get enough actual Maquis reality in Voyager, and this is very real indeed. Love the whiff of politics in this almost as much as I love the character interactions and perceptions of one another. Fabulous start!

And thanks for the shout-out there - although I used that great line (which describes the conflicts of the twenty-first century to a prophetically accurate "tee") in a considerably less appropriate setting ... You seem to be on course to do it proper justice here. I look forward to seeing where you take this.
19 | « Prev Page 1 2