Reviews for nine2five 2,3 Who's There
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 4/28/2015
Great chapter and story. I love the dialogue. Thanks.
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/11/2014
Aw, poor Carina. She gonna go the Casey route instead? How can she get moody and fuck shit up for the team AGAIN?
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
So Vivian is digging Chuck, eh? I always wanted that to happen in the show, too, mostly cause I adore the actress who played her.
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/11/2014
I like the way you fill the holes in this logic.

But why would they bring Chuck along for this? Isn't he safer, and able to flash and do tech stuff, from back in Washington?

And what the crap's going on wif Morgan and his pod people.
resaw chapter 4 . 11/24/2013
Nice! I'm speaking in particular about your callback to Sarah's protectiveness of Chuck and the observation that if Casey had accidentally shot Chuck, there is no doubt in either his or Carina's minds that Casey would be dead at Sarah's hand.

Having recently watched these episodes, you'd think I'd know better, but I had to, among other things, keep on checking to remind myself who Packard was. Should I know who Hannah's fiance is, or is he an otherwise anonymous figure? I like what sounds to me like an adaptation of CZ to turn it into the proposal to Hannah. And the recurring gag about a riot at the Buy More is a funny, and... I agree... not at all surprising.

I know that the Sarah character, whether on TV or in the various fanfics that I've read, likes to be called by her married surname, Bartowski, but in a way, it still surprises me. Given Sarah's self-sufficient, no-nonsense attitude, I often thought that she would have at least gone with Walker-Bartowski, if not keeping her Walker surname. On the other hand, she is enamoured enough with marriage, perhaps a marriage that she never thought she would get, that she wants to celebrate that element of tradition by taking on her husband's name. Multiple names also adds to the the spy thing about cover identities, too. A bit of a tangent...

Thanks for another great story.
resaw chapter 3 . 11/22/2013
Good chapter. You took your own criticism of the original where they appear to fly back to the US to debrief Vivian followed by a quick return to England, and replaced it with a much more sensible piece where they stay in England. I also like the way you reveal Vivian's inner thoughts. She was such a flat character in the TV series; she's much more interesting in your hands.

I liked the unintentionally overheard dialogue between Chuck and Vivian about Chuck's deep concern and family-like affection for all of us his teammates. That was a very nice touch, and true to Chuck's character. Also, well done that although Sarah did not have a lot to say in this chapter, she did express appreciation for Chuck's "confessions."
resaw chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Another good chapter, and, since we are reviewing the episode that introduces Vivian in Chuck This, I have a better handle on the connections and your re-writing of events.

I particularly like and am intrigued by the dialogue between Morgan and Casey. I gather you are drawing on the conversion of the Buy More to a CIA substation, staffed initially almost entirely by CIA staff, which is re-applied to the B&B in which Morgan works in your world. It's fun to read of Morgan going to the alien explanation rather than the spy explanation.
resaw chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Finally getting back to reading your story, Marc. A good opening chapter to this piece. I liked the opening parallels of entering between Casey, Frost and Sarah. I'm not sure what's going on with Grimes, but I see there's some interesting potential there.

The presentation of Ellie's pregnancy had me thinking. I'm not sure of Ellie's perspective on sharing her pregnancy with Sarah. Your initial description seems to suggest that we readers can be aware that she is pregnant but that she is choosing not to share that news with Sarah yet. But then, as far as I can tell, she says out loud and in Sarah's presence, that she needs to pee because of the pressure of that tiny little baby inside of her. Obviously, Sarah's aware, given her subsequent conversation with Casey. Then, the next thing is, Sarah's reference to being at her "peak." Casey seems to interpret that she's at her peak in terms of her current career, if I'm reading that correctly, but I wonder if she's thinking about the peak of her biological clock, i.e., she's at the ideal age to conceive. And given her comment about 20 children, it doesn't sound like your Sarah has an aversion to babies; she's just wondering about the timing of beginning a family.

"Just lie back, and ... think of England." Clever!
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 11/19/2013
I loved this chapter. I loved how Frost had to use her CIA name to access the Castle mainframe. I loved how Boris failed with the help of team B. I loved how Vivian shot Boris with a shot gun. Please continue.
ygbsm chapter 4 . 11/19/2013
Chuck as Headley Lamar really? That just seems wrong.

I never much liked the Vivian character. What little they did with her just didn't seem to go anywhere, and the end game of the arc was both forced and unnecessary. They could have done so much more with her, sort of like what you did with Hannah.

I am interested to see where you go with Frost though, worst spy ever, worst mother ever, both, neither. Should be interesting.

Excellent work as always.
CaryR chapter 3 . 11/17/2013
Good chapter, as usually. Thanks,
ygbsm chapter 3 . 11/16/2013
Ok, a Remo Williams shout out, was not expecting that. Well done as always.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 11/16/2013
I loved this version where Vivian is used as bait. I loved the Frost and Alexei talk. Please continue.
Sudden Radiance chapter 2 . 11/11/2013
The Vivian arc had its share of problems. Can't wait to see your upgrades! On another note. I love your descriptions of Sarah's thinking when it comes to Chuck. Your line, "Sarah would protect the world for his sake," is very well done, especially considering they were under fire at the time.
Sudden Radiance chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
An interesting blend of episodes! As well, I like the focus on Sarah's growth. I'm curious to see what you envision for her as the season progresses.