Reviews for An Alternate Start and A Darker Hero
SaiPrime chapter 17 . 2/3
33 years old... Too soon for anyone. You know, it's been beat into my head recently how ephemeral life truly is. I had a friend, he was about 18. Hiiis car slipped on the ice and smashed into a tree. He went into a coma, and then died.

Really, at any time, it could all be over. But you shouldn't let that make you live in fear, or lose your hope, or just disregard it all and let yourself spiral downwards. Be the best you that you can be, so that if you die tomorrow, whether you had 70-some odd years, or 18,... or 33... you made them all the best years you could, for everyone around you, and the ones most important to you, and maybe others as well, have plenty of good to remember you by.

Monty Oum - 6/6/1981 - 2/1/2015

As as my father always says, it's not the birth date or date of death on that tombstone that matters, it's the dash in-between, because that dash represents the life that he lived.

So everyone, when you remember this man - Monty Oum, remember him not by how he died, but by how he lived - a man with the will to make his dreams come true. A man who was never haughty over his accomplishments, and who never viewed his gifts as something that made him better than anyone else, but who loved sharing his creations with others.

We will miss you Monty, but you will live forever in Red Vs. Blue, in RWBY, in all of your creations, and in the hearts of your family, friends, and fans.
Shadowsoken chapter 17 . 2/2
All I can say is, "Hell Yeah!"
DocileCowDisease chapter 5 . 1/10
I apologize, but this review is going to be a little harsh. First, let's start with jaune's weaponry. The decision to cover him in weapons baffles me. You give him so much weaponry and then it's useless because you also gave him green lantern powers with his shield. What's the point? Jaune is supposed to be the sword and shield guy, not the whatever weapon he feels like that minute guy.

Besides that, I notice you have a tendency to include a single OC in several of your stories (yue and tucker) and they just seem really unnecessary to the plot. They're just kinda there.

A specific complaint about this chapter:
10 year old Jaune sees the thing that has scarred him emotionally and physically and gets over it within a couple of minutes. Does this seem normal for a ten year old to you?

Anyway, good luck with your writing, I hope you keep working on it.
MoDulAte chapter 16 . 1/10
I have enjoyed reading this story. Please, take your time, but continue writing it. You have real talent.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
I have read the other authors who tried to copy or make there own parts of this story it's shit compared to yours and not in a good way the way u do is so much better now I am not hating but they do not do the story right like u do it so when ever u have time read there's and see if u truly want to give up on this fantastic
SilverPhoneix chapter 16 . 9/25/2014
Oh. I was really loving this story! how you switched Pyrrha and Weiss, Loving the "new" Jaune, and his Arc history and stuff.
Overall. I love what you have going. but it seems like you need a break. so take a break. then later on when your mind is rested and you have the Movtivation then come back to this story and JAP.
Good Luck.
P.S. If i was a good writer i would adopt this and stuff but im not a good writer. having trouble putin whats in my head into words. kinda hard for me lol.
Axcel chapter 6 . 9/13/2014
It kind of irritates me when people say "he isn't worth it". It doesn't matter if he is or not, what matters is whether or not you not being bullied is worth it.

I'm glad that Jaune forced Cardin to indicate that he understands. That is what I do to bullies (well, did before college, that is). Don't take their shit. If they do the usual jerkass routine, gently provoke them (either by brushing against them while passing by them while their being jerkasses or by making a comment). When they push you, exaggerate the push so you slam into something (be careful to not hit anything at a bad angle). Then proceed to either provoke them like above into going further or immediately go on the offensive depending on how little maneuvering room you have. Then beat the shit out of them and force them to admit "I understand" or "yes" when you tell them not to bother you again.

If the person in question rarely bothers you but when he does, it is bullying, then try to avoid a fight. Even if you must embarrass yourself. He isn't really a bully, just a dumbass whom you should avoid smiting so long as he does not go out of his way to attack you. Like pushing you hard into something that could have seriously injured you, that cannot be accepted but being pushed into a wall or onto the ground can be ignored. Otherwise, beating him up would be an abuse of power and totally uncalled for. Besides, this way ensures you always have a righteous fury (that almost cold state where your emotions fuel your focus and power and your mind becomes razor sharp to the point of near prescience, yes, I've felt it in a fight, and it is truly awesome). Moral high ground, FTW!
Axcel chapter 4 . 9/13/2014
For some reason you tend to get negation wrong. Like, you tend to use "not" when you meant "yes" and vice versa. Still good, though!
Axcel chapter 3 . 9/13/2014
So, the sword on his back is like a sheath and sword combined and he puts his normal sword into it to use simple dust attacks while still retaining a bladed edge at the cost of additional weight and a change his sword's balance. Sweet!
RWBYBlackFlames chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Good Evening, I Have Come To Tell You Of The Future. What future you may ask? The future of this story. I have spoken with YARN and that we have determined that until he deems it worthy, I shall temporarily take over this fic. I apologize that I haven't uploaded a new chapter. I've been busy with school, but rest assured, Chapter 17 comes out tomorrow
jtfroh chapter 9 . 8/26/2014
Haha... I saw this scene in an Evixnir comic recently. I was wondering if I would see it in any of your or someone else's work. Which came first, this scene or the comic?
kamenheroHEISEI chapter 4 . 8/26/2014
FUCK you. Angst fine no problem.
Bitchy emo act when the character is badass AND HAD FOR YEARS IN ANOTHER SCHOOL TO GET OVER IT? You either a chick or like to cut yourself.
guest chapter 16 . 8/21/2014
Goodbye, thanks for leaving us out in the cold.
Operator Blake 'Roxasrock chapter 5 . 8/23/2014
Loving the story! Team RPBY? Team Rupee? Zelda?
angryhatermanboy chapter 16 . 8/17/2014
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! please! please! please! please! continue this story