Reviews for A Phantom Marooned
Gamerbox chapter 19 . 5/13
This story was beautiful I read it all-in-one night and holy shit it's 5:30 in the morning The story was beautiful and Danny going ham was the best I'm glad to finally have found a story with Danny in friends getting marooned on an island that a got finished and had a great story line and grammar Keep up the good work
SneekyNugget chapter 15 . 3/2
A really good story, and I loved the well-timed humor! Giving Skulker a backstory that fits with the story and his blob-ness was an amazingly creative touch!
clairbear2319 chapter 19 . 2/17
This was such a good story I really liked it
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 20 . 2/14
I appreciate that you took the time to set the story up, but I have to say I liked the last half of the story better. :) Interesting concept. :)
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 10 . 2/14
In a previous chapter, you mentioned that the CAT tests were about a month before. In this chapter, one month before they were at a truce with Valerie and attacking a 2-headed ghost. So in a couple of days, the entire rest of the second season and enough of the third season to get in Frostbite, Undergrowth, and Vortex (who have all been mentioned) had to go down. Just saying. May want to move the CAT tests back to about 3-4 months before. Or even a year. I bet Danny would still be having nightmares. Just saying.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 9 . 2/14
A couple of things:

Firstly, I really appreciate the attention to detail you've put in this. People have actions and reactions and they don't automatically change just because it would be easier to write. Great job there.

However, it's obvious you haven't lived in a tropical - or even subtropical - area near the ocean. I've lived in Florida and I can tell you that while it can get uncomfortably cold in the winter months, it rarely gets below freezing. People would have to be in that kind of weather, consistently, for a very long time (as in days) before they would be remotely in danger of freezing without other extenuating circumstances. Now, if, say, there was an Island in the Atlantic that wasn't tropical or subtropical, it would likely have weather similar to England and be extremely moderate. Hence, a forest, but no jungle. Jungle indicates tropical weather, and so no danger of freezing (so Sam's comment about not wanting to freeze to death seems a bit out of place, especially because if she's just exaggerating to get a point across, someone would take her literally and probably ask if that could really happen.

Also, while water in the ocean can still be very cold even in the subtropic regions, it's unlikely to get hypothermia, so them holding Sam back by saying that Danny won't freeze to death but Sam could is also a little out of place.

Also, in tropic/subtropic regions, especially islands, blood would not dry as quickly as it supposedly did with Danny. It would likely be humid and nothing dries in humidity. It's great for the skin though. I am curious as to why, after sitting in a boat without a cover on it, no one in the class is complaining of sunburn. Honestly, exposure is far more of a threat to the class than freezing to death.

And lastly, the storm. From my experience, storms just kind of pop up in Florida. A lot of people call it their '2 O' Clock afternoon shower'. I call it the '2 O' clock afternoon bucket pour', but then I'm from a desert initially (and it could happen anywhere from 11 AM to 5 PM, so 2 is just an average). It rains for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and then it's gone. The cloud cover comes and goes almost as quickly. You have showers like this, that are harmless (if very wet), mild storms that last twice as long and have a little wind, major storms that come in, last most of the day and obscure vision with just how much water falls, and then you have tropical storms and above.

I've never lived through one of those (thank goodness) but I will tell you that if there is an abrupt change in the atmosphere and people can actually see the leading edge of the storm and the clouds look like what Danny described, it should be a tropical storm at the very least. Tropical storms that aren't even categorized as hurricanes can still have wind speeds as high as 37 MPH. And if it's enough to move a boat the size it would take to carry an entire class of students and still have room to lay one out to give him CPR, we're talking hurricane winds, probably category 3. No shelter would stand up to that, especially a shelter built by inexperienced students, unless they dug into the ground, in which case there wouldn't be a back entrance.

Basically what I'm saying is that the weather you've described is moderate-region weather. Something I would expect on the coast of a larger land mass such as America or Europe, even China or Argentina, not a tropical/subtropical island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. And even if that's part of the strangeness of the island, it still shouldn't affect the weather to a point where the clouds Danny described wouldn't bring a major tropical storm. It certainly wouldn't winds that can pick up a boat wouldn't tear down a flimsy shelter (no matter how well directed). And if the winds weren't strong enough, then obviously something moved the boat and I would expect Danny to recognize that.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind.

Still enjoying the story, don't get me wrong. :)
Honyasbookshelf2017 chapter 19 . 10/31/2018
Okay, maybe the basic premise of this story isn’t the most original ever, but I found the execution of the story in A Phantom Marooned to be quite enjoyable. The character development is well done, allowing more optimism and less angst than a lot of DP stories I’ve read. The characters are a bit older–around sixteen at this point–and they’re allowed to grow as people while still operating within their root personalities. There’s a nice blend of adventure and suspense–lots of tension both from the situation and from Danny’s trying so hard to keep his secret–with a pleasant dash of romance thrown in–both between Danny and Sam, and unexpectedly but welcomely, between Tucker and Valerie. Plus plenty of BAMFery on Danny’s part, which is thoroughly satisfying. If you want a story where he gets to shine and actually be recognized for being amazing as Danny Fenton, not just as Danny Phantom, then this is your story. I will warn that, although the author has this rated as K, it’s probably closer to a T, maybe a T. There isn’t a lot of language, and the romance is kept remarkably innocent and sweet, but later in the story, the group runs into a very violent, crazy group of bad guys, and . . . lets just say there’s a lot of blood and whump at certain points. The writing itself is quite good; there are a few grammatical/word choice issues at times, but nothing too obnoxious, and certainly not enough to detract from how enjoyable the story is as a whole. Definitely recommended.
CalwynRodgers chapter 1 . 8/16/2018
I loved this so much. The angst was A-maxing!
Dianasaur101 chapter 20 . 8/3/2018
Your story is truly incredible. I love how you incorporated the minor characters in your story to have some bigger roles and how you made connections to what was going on to Danny's Parents. I even had me on the edge of my seat when you mentioned Skulker. I have to say this is one of the best Danny Phantom stories that I have had the pleasure of reading. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
SusieIsObsessed chapter 19 . 6/11/2018
Heleuuuu! I just read this story for the 2nd time. IT. WAS. STILL. AMAZING.
SakuraS41 chapter 1 . 6/6/2018
This was really great! The pacing of the story was perfect! I just had to read it all in one shot. I loved how Danny wasn't afraid to use his physical abilities in front of others and how the characters interact with each other.
Thank you so much for the fic!
historiiee chapter 20 . 6/2/2018
I can't describe how much I adore this fic. It was really refreshing that the class met with people already on the island, and weren't just trying to get off the island. I also really like how you designed the end, it was well rounded and didn't feel rushed. Especially Danny scaring them all in the end made my day :D All in all I will definetely come back and read it again!
SheLynx chapter 1 . 3/19/2018
I read this story once a long time ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Reading it a second time made me savor your writing abilities and I can say that you are one of the most talented authors on for Danny Phantom fics...
Thank you for taking your time in writing this because it was worth reading. You did an incredible job on this and I’m excited to see your other stories! 3
SusieIsObsessed chapter 19 . 3/6/2018
This was the best story ever
SusieIsObsessed chapter 2 . 3/5/2018
That's sort of what they said 'bout the Titanic...