Reviews for To Be The Very Best
Face Yourself chapter 1 . 12/8/2017
Story sounded fun. First chapter read. Story ruined by having Pikachu as starter. Story abandoned by reader for having a stupid, boring electric mouse feature instead of something interesting.
Shadowed Sorceress chapter 4 . 11/16/2017
Wow this has got to be one of my fav pokemon fics. It’s definitely up there. Your grammar is great and your action scenes- gawd the action scenes are violent and cool and really amazing.

It doesn’t matter that this hasn’t been updated for a while, this story is great and I hope to see more of it!

Though please do PM me (if you have time and want to) if you decide to drop this. (I hope you won’t)
sharingankakashi007 chapter 4 . 7/27/2017
This is great
And Red is awesome
He commands respect easily
Love his pokemon too
Everyone of them is strong
The nicknames are perfect
Yellow~~ hope she's a permanent companion on his journey
She calms pokemon right?!
Can't wait to read more of this
Foreman88 chapter 4 . 10/29/2016
This was shaping up to be such a good story. Gave me a Traveler vibe. Definitely a brutal world.

I think I almost cried when I saw it had been over three years since the last update. Following anyway. I can hope.
G chapter 4 . 8/15/2016
Wher e the updates at :(
xBen chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Nice concept of the pokemon world. Enjoyed the explanation of the Ash Ketchum propaganda thing. One question though, is Gary Oak in the "cartoon" Red's rival or is it just Red pretending to be Ash?
Guest chapter 4 . 10/3/2015
This could easily be the very best.
ews1 chapter 4 . 9/23/2015
This is really good, Red seems like a real person, blue is capable and I like the addition of yellow. I feel you've done a really good job of balancing grimness, reality and the original, giving the pokemon personalities is a really good touch.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/16/2015
Ok u can't discontinue this please. It is such an awesome story and it has to be continued if only so it can be one of those rare gems shining in the midst of the trash
A Whimsical Seishin chapter 3 . 9/15/2015
This was simply bad-ass
jibasco chapter 4 . 6/30/2015
You really need to finish this story. It is perhaps one of the most compelling pokemon stories I have read on this site.
Blue is the Sea chapter 3 . 5/14/2015
It honestly makes me kind of depressed this story has not been continued. It could easily slide it's way into being in the top ten best pokemon fanfictions of all time with your amazing take on the Pokemon World and storyline. Hopefully one day you will continue it, or who knows, do another four chapters for the next
NaNoWriMo
Guest chapter 4 . 2/19/2015
I saw the review, favourite and follow to chapter ratio and had to read it. I said to myself don't start. It hasn't been updated in over a year. It's discontinued. Don't do it. But I had to. And knowing that it's probably finished is heart breaking. The highest compliment I can pay you is this story reminds me of Lamoras Game of Champions. In four chapters you've built this amazing, realistic but not too gory world. The Pokemon characters are amazing, Mjollnirs development was fascinating, and to see Reds team shape up towards what it will be in the future has been amazing. If you do follow on and write more I hope you follow in the footsteps of The Sun Soul and The Game Of Champions by making Snorlax a force of nature that Red tames. The strange occurrences, Scyther, the Poocheyana and the Beedrill have been really fun to hypothesise on. Your story has the potential to go down in the folklore of this site. Alas, I fear it may already be confined to it's history.
Malcolm Cain chapter 4 . 1/20/2015
There are a few grammar problems here and there but otherwise this is a great story thus far. It seems unlikely that it will be updated but in case it is I will place it in my alerts
BlueScreen26 chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Knife fight with a Pikachu ? Nope, not reading that. There is no death or blood in pokémon. Ever.