Reviews for Small Steps
mcobsessed007 chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Really really nice story! I love Alexis-Beckett moments!
Shena1 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
*le sigh* I loved that moment. A perfect hug. :D
CaskettFan5 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I liked that moment in the episode but this is a wonderful addition to it.
yazzea chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Thank you, that was beautiful!
I like that you didn't put words to their talk, I felt like it wasn't needed at all, the actions he witnessed were enough.
aussiecate chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Awwww, the perfect observers narration of this scene. Part of me wishes we'd had dialogue but reading this I feel you've made it more special.
fAteD lOvE chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Love this touching little scene you've narrated.

I don't really understand all the venom and negativity that's been directed at Alexis over the past few weeks to be honest. I think I'm in a strange position at this moment of my life where I can understand both sides of the story. Alexis has been acting like an entitled brat, standing all over her father with little respect for his authority - but people don't seem to acknowledge that Castle and Beckett have a part in this too.

Where Kate says in this episode that she feels "left out" when Castle and Alexis are together, I'm sure Alexis feels the same when Kate and Castle are together. Castle just needs to put more effort into spending time with his daughter instead of hanging around Beckett all the time, Alexis moved out as just a way of drawing his attention. I bet she feels lonely that her dad, her partner in crime all her life so far has effectively "abandoned" her and she doesn't know her place in Castle and Beckett's new to-be-family. She just wants some recognition. As for Beckett, just to reach out to Alexis like she's done in this episode is what she just needs to do - so Alexis feels like she's been accepted by her dad's new partner-in-crime (see what I did there? teehee) ... I think they'd both benefit from their own connection and friendship without Castle (which is what I thought they were doing well in the first two seasons until there wasn't enough screen time for Beckett/Alexis bonding).

Oops, sorry for the long post. I just feel some of us need to understand Alexis is still young and sensitive. Jealousy does give rise to toxic resentment. Which is frustrating to me because it's actually an easy fix. Castle and Beckett just need to spend some time bonding (separately) with her.
linusfan13 chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Actions speak louder than words and the end of that episode spoke volumes.

I love Castle's interpretation of his family. It's unconventional but it works very well.
CastleCrazie chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
As female fans we put so much of Stana into Beckett-because we know that is how Stana would be. We are not always tuned into Alexis because teens emotions run wild. It was such a soft understated scene that we wanted to be little flies on the wall-thanks for giving us the flies advantage with this FF.
Melwilliams316 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Wonderful ending to a great episode! Thank you.
Ilovetoread09 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Love this! Castle's view on the scene last night was perfect. Thanks!
The King's Soldier chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
great fic! this was such a big moment! i don't feel like the show gave it enough time to do it justice, so thanks for writing this. plus you write great. keep it up!
lkwill39 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Loved this interpretation of the ending scene from the show last night. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
saved240307 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
This chapter...seriously seriously good...
fbobs chapter 1 . 11/5/2013