Reviews for Gypsy
PurpleKittyFangirl chapter 2 . 1/12/2014
I can't name how many times I cried during this story. It was simply one of the most beautiful things I've ever read in my entire life and I wish if read it sooner. This is such a different light to shine on Donatello and April's relationship, I've never seen it written quite as intense or masterfully as this. One of the only stories to ever make me REALLY cry, it'll deifentely have a special spot in my favorites.

I can't wait to read more from you.

Sincerely,

PurpleKittyFangirl
Dazja chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This is amazing. Please write more TMNT stuff
NinjaWolf10 chapter 2 . 12/28/2013
Great story, I really enjoyed it
SewerSurfin chapter 2 . 11/24/2013
This was beautiful and sad. So wonderfully crafted I cried. Amazing work. Truly amazing.
BubblyShell22 chapter 2 . 11/15/2013
Wow. A very awesome ending to this story. I like how they reunited and also how April feels about presenting work that's not her own. Yes, I can understand how she feels guilty about it, but she should take comfort in the fact that she's doing this for her friends and helping them along the way as she does. I really liked this story, and I admire your writing style as well. I hope that you write more stories about the Turtles because you, my friend, are very good at it. Oh, and I love the song you chose as well. Fleetwood Mac is awesome.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
Wow. I really like where this story is going so far. You really are a good writer, and I love how your sentences flow together. I also like how April highlights her time with the Turtles and how she views each of the brothers from her time with them. Nicely done on this. I'm off to read the next chapter.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
I Love Kittens too chapter 2 . 11/8/2013
Gosh! This is amazing. April finally was able to apologize the siblings for going away abruptly. She accomplished so much in her career. I hope she and Donnie not only continue working as partners, but their personal relationship continues to grow. He deserves that.
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Great chapter! I love the description April has for each one of the boys. How April is smoking and drinking alcohol beverages at her age? In the US that's illegal, unless you place and the boys in another country.
Trouble456 chapter 2 . 11/8/2013
Omg so beautifully written but so sad! As a fan of this couple this story really breaks my heart. I really hope you decide to continue with this story or write others featuring these characters, hopefully with a happier outcome at the end :)
Guest chapter 2 . 11/6/2013
My goodness you are cruel. SleepingSeeker recommended this story, and I was not disappointed. What a wonderfully spun tale of heartache and despair and love between my favorite couple. Even though I can imagine this is the most realistic and logical thing that were to happen, I find myself not wanting to believe that it could ever come to pass. I keep telling myself that love is never logical, and I still hold hope for them beyond the ending of your tale (Don, you are wrong. WRONG). Again, beautifully written, I love reading from April in first perspective. Even if she is totally understandably a bit of a lush mess. Or especially because of it.

Anyway. I'm off to contemplate the eternal abyss to the music of Joy Division to cheer myself up.
kendramccormick chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
Love this story, it has a nice style, and I love the relationship between April and Donnie.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
What a conundrum to be stuck in. But it's too late to go home, and as was pointed out, it could go only so far. If only we could delete parts of our psyche the way we can remove files from a computer. But that would be too easy.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Not being a follower of this fandom, I don't know if the story you are telling is canon or not. Either way, it's a great introduction to the friendship April shares with the four heroes. As always, nice job! Now off to chapter 2!
SleepingSeeker chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
Why did you have to just take my heart and crush it to pieces?! Dammit. This got me. I almost never, EVER tear up. I have read a lot of TMNT fanfiction over a lot of different genres, but this got to me. Dammit. I'msorry, my eyes are blurry as I'm typing this.

April, you dumbass. There's more to life than surface things. There's more than just what is superficial and there is what we cling to: success, wealth, praise from peers and superiors - that is - all the things that don't matter where you are, whether you live in a hut or a skyscraper snatching at the stars, real love, true devotion - it can't be measured in material gain, nor in the people you surround yourself with. It is all superficial aside from what real love is. Real love can transcend. We just forgot how to do that in our society. But it exists.

I'm getting all weird on you, I'm sorry. But you handled this story very well. The regret is palpable and poignant and well, powerful! lol a lot of 'P's there. But it's true. Well done. I need a tissue. or three.
xo
Break my hear some more, it's a lovely way to go - I look forward to more from you.
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Well, I gotta say, just as I started reading the opening my mouth opened and slowly, a smile spread on my face, oh you devil, I thought. Clever. Clever! Of course! April taking the guise of the creator of Donatello's accomplishments, yes, I believe that is what you are setting up here and it's wonderful and then the undertone of regret, of sadness. Heartbreak. Yeah. Nice.

Then You get into her thoughts on them and each one is described perfectly and I'm reading on and wondering well, what about Donnie and then you have that part that he taught her about love and my heart jumped into my throat.

So, is it well written, yes. Is it compelling? Well, I want to see what happens next, that's for sure. Is it true to their characters, oh yes. Perfectly.

And you got inspired by a song!? That's how I write all the TIME! Love that song, btw. But I have to say what was killing me was I had Ryan Adams' song, The Sun Also Sets, playing on a loop as I read this and it was freakin' breaking my heart. Look it up. It's a good one.
READING ON!