Reviews for Stones in the Road
Lampot chapter 3 . 10/17/2014
This is so perfect. Thank you for fixing that crappy episode. I will henceforth consider this cannon. I discovered your fics today and can't stop reading. You capture the characters so well; voice, mannerisms, motivation, etc. Amazing.
Nox Counterspell chapter 3 . 9/6/2014
Not too sweet, not too fluffy, not too aggressive, just enough to keep them all in character. Perfect. No need to have the "knight on the shiny armor and the princess thing" just what they really have and they really need.
carylforever chapter 3 . 2/12/2014
Somehow I saw a bit more aggressive Daryl-play with this, if you would. As in, he grabs the car keys with, "If you want 'em, come get 'em" as Carol presumes his usual man-child demeanor, but then realizes he's dead serious: He loves her, and he's bigger and stronger than her.

When she does reach for the car keys he suddenly grabs her onto his chest firmly, and as she struggles, he then gently subdues her with a long-awaited kiss, as she slowly submits to him.

It's as though he's telling her: we're in this together, woman. I love you, and I am not letting you go... to hell with Rick's "decision". That wasn't his call to make. We're gonna work this all out. But for now, I'm gonna do what I should have done long ago..."
Daniyell37 chapter 3 . 12/5/2013
Oh my god this made me feel so good :')
Guest chapter 3 . 11/12/2013
"Let him try. I ain't saying I'm your pardoner, that ain't down to me. I'm just sayin' … I'm your jasper. You start heading to crazy town, I'm gonna pull your ass back. You done it for me enough."

I LOVED that line, so very Daryl!

Such a cute fic!
Anime4EverManga2 chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
Now this is what should've happened
Riz chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
That was the cutest thing iv'e ever read they need to put this exact fic into the show
Mary chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
Love this story...especially the author's note. So funny. I have been thinking about what they have done all week. Still angry at how they cannot write for women characters.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
aww so Caryl. we haven't had of this in this season. I hope he doesn't just follow rick like I fear he may. he won't want to leave his prison family. Shes his friendhe has to do some kind of comfort
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
this was well written-love it
horrorphile chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
Loved this story and had to laugh a little. Not at your story because it was great, but because I wrote a fanfic this week called Finding Your Stones which is a bit like this. Daryl steps up. Loved yours and keep up the good work
NooooBD chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
That was lovely. I love that Daryl is her jasper, there to keep her balanced and from heading down to “crazytown." Great job. :)
amber24-03 chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
How brilliant is it that you had Daryl spot Carol on her way out of town. I absolutely adored this, and was so thrilled to see that you had written something post 4x04. I'm such a fan of your writing, so I was super excited to read this.

And OMG...

"Don't ya get it? Don't ya get why I do it?" Daryl gesticulated wildly towards her again. "I do it so you don't ahve it. I do it so you'll be safe. I do it for the same reason you did what you did, to Karen and David. You're family. You're my family. I do it for Lizzie and Mika, just like you, because I don't want them to be without you. I don't want to be without you."

I was grinning like a little school girl reading this entire dialogue. I loved seeing this desperate side to Daryl, who had let his guard down when that was the only hand he had left to play.

It was such a great little read. Excellent job! I loved this!
bridgetlynn chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
I liked this a lot. Which surprised me; not because of anything 'technical' (as a story it was quite well written), but because I happen to really (possibly irrationally) hate Carol's character and have since the first season (which is weird as I really like Melissa McBride in everything else I've seen of her). I also think I liked this as it didn't necessarily read 'romantic'. I've never been able to buy into any romantic subtext between Carol and Daryl. Both actors are talented but there's a noticeable lack of natural chemistry and whenever there are 'flirty' lines I always feel like I could picture them reading lines right off a script. This instead felt like a deep friendship bordering on familial - which is much more believable to me.
I'm torn on the banishment issue. One one hand, I think Carol has taken the train to crazy town (and not in an emotional-breakdown way that Rick did in season 3) and is pulling right on into God-Complex/Sociopath station lately and think in a small way Rick had a point. On the other hand, what better way to prove to Carol that she was wrong to make all these unilateral decisions (teaching the kids without telling parents/murder/etc) then by taking her and making her stand trial before the rest of the Council...instead of, ya know, making another unilateral decision? I can see that he might have thought he was saving her life...and avoiding people picking sides. Only he's opened up a whole other argument and split amongst the community. Not to mention that Tyreese wants someone's blood - and Rick probably just opened himself up to being a target for not bringing him Carol's head in a bag or something.
TheRealSonia chapter 2 . 11/6/2013
Another great chapter. You really have a talent for narration.