Reviews for Dumbledore's Next Great Adventure Part 1
It would be great to see you continue this. An excellent tale, especially with the footnotes illustrating Wulfric's agony with Albus's changes
Derek Louden chapter 23 . 11/4
Why did you refer to hermiones parents as dan and Emma? I thought their names were Graham and Jane.
Selenity84 chapter 26 . 10/23
I loved this! It's almost rare these days to find a story that doesn't bash Dumbledore. I enjoyed seeing a good Dumbledore that doesn't use Harry as a pawn.
Marliarna chapter 26 . 10/19
Eagerly awaiting a sequel.
spacecowboy2011 chapter 26 . 10/19
This story, overall, delivers very strongly on the topic of Dumbledore. He is, arguably, the single worst character in the universe created by an inexperienced JKR, compounded by any attempts to 'fix' his character in the subsequent novels until his death. Most stories seem to use this inexperienced writing of Dumbledore as a reason to bash him to extreme, or to make him ineffectual, senile, what have you. It is very, very rare that we, readers, get to see a Dumbledore that MAKES SENSE AND DOES HIS DAMN JOB!

There's nothing that really stood out as poorly written or thought out, and it was nice to see so many areas of issue tackled and altered for the better. From internally in the school, reigning in Snape, addressing the Pureblood crowd, that was a delightfully cunning plan he executed there... Everything he addresses is fantastic, and what I wished we'd seen some of within the canon series, to some extent, instead of a manipulative, wicked old man whose schemes lasted even beyond the grave.

When you do get around to it, I am going to devour the sequel. That is literally the only negative thing one can say, is that this story does not yet have a sequel. You are a highly prolific writer (at least with how often I've seen the Wormhole series pop as updates), though, so there's no real criticism to voice, so long as you state there will be a sequel, then there will be. Hopefully soon, since it appears the rewrite is nearly done here. Good story!
Fyrebird85 chapter 26 . 10/13
I would so like to see more of this, but despite the fact it's called Part 1, I didn't see a sequel. Following this story in the hope you will announce when/if you decide to continue it.
Rainbow Prime chapter 1 . 10/11
So what we have here is more of a Punisher type Dumbledore than the Lex Luthor Dumbledore that we have in canon? Meh. I for one always liked Lex Luthor more.
Pteaset chapter 1 . 9/20
I like it
Maistzen chapter 26 . 9/13
Wulfric es una mierda. La historia es genial.
aemilyl24 chapter 26 . 9/7
This is such a great story, I hoping that since the title says Part I and it says it's complete that when I go to your author's page, a Part 2 might be there, as I definitely want this story to continue! Thank you for a great read.
Kai chapter 11 . 9/1
I had to look it up, because I know terms better in my language. But "owl pellet" is what's called "Gewölle" in German. When the owl swallows, let's say, a mouse whole, a part is digested, but bones and fur are regurgitated in a little poo-shaped thing. These owl pellets are regularly collected and taken apart by ornithologists to find out what the owl ate without having to catch it and cut it open. Owl treat would be a better word, as it is not a technical term of something biologists have to know and recognise. Btw, other birds produce them as well, and they contain all kinds of indigestible parts of their food. If they ate a bird, it's feathers and bones, but it can be shells of mollusks or crustaceans, if for example a seagull ate those.
Macilnar chapter 26 . 9/2
Can’t wait for the eventual sequel, although I sincerely hope Wulfric won’t somehow be able take back his place. Him showing up as a second Albus might be interesting though.
DarkVaporeon 23 chapter 26 . 8/21
10/10

Having just finished this wonderful story, I can honest say I am in love! this idea is so intriguing and catches my attention that I didn’t stop and read it within an hour as I could g put it down. I truely dislike Dumbledores at times in the books and to see this idea of another dumbledore taking places of ‘canon’ dumbledores makes me interested in the plot. I also enjoy the little omakes of Wulfric and seeing his misery XD it’s just delicious ~ amazing story! Accept the favourite author and story bonuses!
I want to read this - I really do! (how many "Albus isn't a jackwad and even goes on to fix his other jackwad self" fics ARE there?), but...where's the sequel? That a sequel is mentioned in the summary tells me that one is needed to actually finish up this story, that this is simply a part of a whole, and that my life will feel incomplete if the next part isn't available to be read... I do not want to feel incomplete...but I want to read this story... *sad face*
Tessy-y chapter 1 . 8/13
I've just started reading and I love the premise but I have to say, the fact that you've made this universe obviously christian with its references to god and hell etc.. isn't something I like simply because it isn't inclusive of other views that people might have, unlike canon Harry Potter where J.K. does a beautiful job of avoiding the subject completely, with only the limbo where Harry meets Dumbledore and the idea of moving "on" to hint at any kind of afterlife.

That then leaves people to fill in the gaps, and pick whichever religious version of the afterlife they are comfortable with.

I don't know if you are religious and if you are, whether or not the way this fiction is written reflects your beliefs, but of course this is your fiction and you can write it however you want. I just think it's a bit of a shame, and that it makes this story a little less good then it could be, and less enjoyable for the people who have different views than the ones shown here.
1,802 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »