Reviews for Dumbledore's Next Great Adventure Part 1
kirallie chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
Interesting to see an alternate Dumbledore sent to fix stuff. Great start, keep going
MariusDarkwolf chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
Very interesting.
haphazard1 chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
A very interesting beginning - I really like the idea of a "good" Albus taking the place of the "poor" Albus. There are so many places in canon where a change on Dumbledore's part could make a tremendous difference. I look forward to seeing where you take this story.
JDL45 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
I like the idea of this, and hope that you continue with it.

Given the timing, I suspect that one of the things you're planning to change relates to events around Harry's letter and his staying at the Dursleys. Certainly seeing if Dumbledore can get the wheels in motion of Sirius Black to get a trial is one obvious and likely high priority item, though I don't know how easy it would be. At least as interesting, though, would be seeing how his actions as headmaster (e.g., his tolerance of Snape) are different because of his different philosophy. On the one hand, he will probably want to watch and observe at first so as not to change things too suddenly. On the other hand, it sounds like he had a very different philosophy as headmaster than canon Dumbledore had. It will take an effort for him *not* to act the way he naturally would in his own school, relative to topics such as tolerance.

Snape, of course, will be quite different in his motivations and actions toward Dumbledore than the Snape he knows. And I can't help but think of some of the other things that are probably in process by this point. Hiding the philosopher's stone at Hogwarts? Quirrell's possession? I'm sure Dumbledore will be repeatedly shaking his head at one thing after another that's been botched up.
Publicola chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Ooh, a sympathetic Dumbledore, that sounds extremely encouraging! I very much look forward to future installments, as this was quite a promising beginning.
MariusDarkwolf chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
I see a lot of potential here. Do hope you make it Harry Hermione. Could see a few fixes Albus could start right off :D
Deltedmeaningnolongerinuse chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Wow, this story is something. And to think I almost didn't read it. One of the best fics I've read in a long time
Katzztar chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Interesting.. very interesting.
Sounds like this is a more pro-(and positive) active than what we usually see in fandom - or in canon!
So its June '91 ... that's summer before Harry & Neville's first year right?
Ryan Chessman aka Crys chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Huh. Interesting premise. Looking forward to reading more.
Amy-less Wander chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
What fun! I hope this keeps going!
PurpleBullet chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Very interesting story. I can't wait until you post the next chapter.
arekay chapter 1 . 11/5/2013