Reviews for Harry Potter Jedi
CazPeak chapter 20 . 2/16
Your story is starting to unravel... its been happening for a few chapters. Your Harry is only 11; he acts like a lech, and then he's the biggest dummy in the world. It gets implausible that an almost creepy stalker can be be so clueless in how others interpret everything. Your Hermione, on the other hand, is getting a Sybil treatment - far too many personalities running around in there. Plot-wise, I'm tempted to keep reading (in all honesty, more like skimming at this point) but your characters are... disturbing. The whole H/Herm relationship is creeping me out - their interactions are far too adult and overly sexualized while pretending that they are just kids. Plus - they are... morally corrupt? Sociopathic? I don't know... I just keep coming back to disturbing. And not in a 'adds to the atmosphere of the story' way - in a 'WTF' way.
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 1/23
Awesome chapter and plot and amazing idea
Love2read23 chapter 9 . 11/2/2016
I really like this academic and friendly relationship with Hermione that Harry has. Harry, Hermione, Sue, and Padma is a unique and interesting group but Inlike how it's working so far.
Love2read23 chapter 6 . 11/1/2016
That is the best case of Dumbledore handling Snape that I have ever read. Thank you. I am also increasingly looking forward to Dumbledore and how he interacts with Harry as smart!Harry stories tend to bash Dumbledore for his "greater good" manipulations. His confession on that and the Grindelwald issues were interesting. Great joke.
Xiard Vron chapter 14 . 9/10/2016
Woo fun story! I stayed up till midnight reading this... Again.

I don't know how many chapters are left since I don't want to anticipate getting to the end of what you have up so fare but I hope you update so it will take me longer to get to that point.

Ok off to bed now. Thanks for sharing this really good story.
Golden Light 001 chapter 5 . 6/25/2016
This is a very interesting view into Dumbledore and Harry's thoughts.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 6 . 6/20/2016
So apparently in your mind Jedi!Harry Ravenclaw!Harry. I'm not seeing any indication that anything Star Warsy is coming up any time soon.

I am seeing a horrifyingly cliche Harry/Hermione pairing though. I had some hope that Harry would make some new friends, but alas, no.
mckertis chapter 8 . 6/11/2016
Chapter 8 - first actual mention of Jedi. Boring.
lalo80 chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
Porfa actualiza pronto
PaC chapter 17 . 2/27/2016
Carols, as in Xmas, Joshua-akaJesus-mas carols.

JKR mixed in too much muggle CHRISTIAN Xmas IMO.
If you THINK about it, the magical world would just not logically be chock full of much Christianity and Christian celebrations..

And seeing the milky way, even if some super magic cleared all that fog and mist that is JUST outside in muggle London, Diagon lighting up with Xmas lights, your eyes are not going to see the milky way, you need it REALLY DARK and CLEAR to see the milky way.
PaC chapter 6 . 2/26/2016
Last line, "new friend and wise old mentor" was a bit over the top super trusting and idolizing, a Harry that one would THINK would not be so committed so quick, to be THAT trusting of admiring of this Dumbledore, all things considered.

The #4 living issue: Out of no where, JKR adds possible MORE plotholes with book #7 with the fleeing wedding, and fear of "the trace" put on Harry by a Voldy run ministry. Maybe the taboo on Voldy name was in play, then the kids LOL manage to go months without saying "Voldemort". But before then, contradicting a LOT of plotholes about underage magic events, we do have IN CANON, Dumbledore telling Harry, there is NO underage monitoring of individuals, that it is mostly a ruse and only AREAS can be monitored, so in a magical area, with adults around, NO MONTIOR, it's basically underage muggleborns and Harry that are BLAMED for any magic detected NEAR where they live.
So PUTTING some LIMITS in a thought experiment, HOW monitoring might work, one can put an enchantment or ward or both, NEAR the home of the person to be accused and Hopkirk office deciding BLAMED for any spells that monitoring detects. So Harry can protect himself at #4, either GET special permission for him to use magic, or don't, simply remove or disable monitoring devices. Not a big deal, but as you write it, your Dumbledore contradicts canon Dumbledore, and if you go with THAT canon Dumbledore about underage magic, Harry at OTHER locations, most places, is free to use magic, #4 and say places like Herminoe's home are monitored but most places are not. It also IMO makes sense, to put some limits on capabilities of magic, that doing something "BIG" might be too complex, or that complexity too expensive to implement, or possibly too difficult for magical "technology" to accomplish.
PaC chapter 5 . 2/26/2016
Less than midway through this chapter, the writing and fic really seemed to find traction and hit its stride, or shifted into higher gear, whatever sort of metaphor fits.

I am negative on cliche mindscapes, your muggle "mind palace" without being the usual super complex multi-thousand word ridiculous description[and so UNLIKE how brains actually function], was fine, palatable, artistic, interesting.

I'm also negative on the plot gag, of WWII being all run by and blamed on Grindle-boy. Wizards at war, using a muggle war, to TIME their war battles to help with the stature of secrecy problem, OK, that's reasonable, but having wizards mostly in bed with Nazi's and shit, LOL, never the Japanese it seems, but all that sort of stuff, I find lame.
I'm not against fictionalized historical drama, but it rubs me the wrong way, as it basically makes excuses for actual "muggle" persons responsible, blaming evil wizards for the deaths of millions. Sure it's FICTION, but still bugs me. Sort of a "the devil made me do it", forgive me, there, I'm forgiven sort of excuse.
Evil real folk in real life, get a sort of pardon, like Lucy Malfoy and all, with being under the imperious.

Now, I don't tend to like and might not continue a fic that follows most of the canon road map, it takes very clever twists and surprises to keep my interest for such fics. Whether that happens with this one, and even though it is perhaps abandoned, the writing is excellent, great talent, whether I stick with it and read all that is posted or not.

The Dumbles interrogation of Harry was SUPERB. Harry was extremely intelligent but not omnipotent, not out thinking out maneuvering Dumbledore, some of his success was done SO WELL, as random "luck", like hitting sore spots, such as the question that had Dumbledore thinking of his sister, then the question knocking Dumbles back footed, having him having to tell the tale of him and Grindlewald if he was to be honest.. AND Harry PUSHING for honestly and reasons to trust Dumbles, that Dumbles TRUSTS Snape lurking there in the background, even though Harry didn't point that out, it puts a bit of a handicap on Dumbles for EARNING Harry's trust. Considering what Snape did, then DARES to try to have Harry punished, THAT is truly disgusting. I hope the cliche tongue clicking is an actual tongue lashing in the fic, when Dumbles speaks to Snape.

Though extremely intelligent, you didn't have a Gary-Harry-Sue, he wasn't perfect, didn't talk rings around Dumbledore, it was JUST EXTREMELY well done, up near that Gary Sue edge, but not crossing it.
Bloody fantastic writing in this chapter.

I only WONDER, considering the "adult" Snape, trying to have Harry punished, basically LIES, BIG LIES of OMISSION, that he DARED try to get Harry in deep shit. I DO HOPE we get a scene, Snape asking about Harry's punishment, IDEALLY whether it is in front of the other professors or NOT, it would be nice if Dumbledore did, scold Snape, PUBLICLY [in front of the other professors], admonish Snape, tell him there is NO punishment and WHY.

You have a NOT the usual MOB or evil Dunbledore here, and his FULL TRUST in Snape I HOPE has taken a HIT, when it comes to Snape's inexcusable behaviour here, as it is in so many fanfics and in canon...Harry chided, scolded to be the adult, to RESPECT Snape, while Snape acts the man-child Bully scum he is.
Team503 chapter 27 . 2/16/2016
Argh! What a wonderful story, so well thought out and complex and interesting, and it's abandoned! Tragedy strikes again. :/
ProditorMagnus chapter 27 . 2/16/2016
It was nice read. First 15 chapters were great, around 25 it was getting difficult to read, and here it got back to normal.
ProditorMagnus chapter 20 . 2/14/2016
Had to look up about footing.