Reviews for To Have and To Hold
Tess chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Awww, I love it! It's beautiful! I hope so for him too (even though he is a fictional character)! Actually, I think everyone deserves this. And, I love what you said about knowing that you love someone even before they are born. One of my best friends is about to have her second child and I was thinking recently how odd it is that I haven't even seen him or met him and I don't know what he looks like but I know that I love him. It's so weird! Great story. Thank you!
Kathryn Claire O'Connor chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
I really truly like this a lot. Great job on it.:)
Deathagramyuri chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Love love love it!
Rebecca1 chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Aww this really was sweet - you really could see the surprise on everyone's faces when he announced that on the episode on Wednesday
Spark Shark chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
/bleeding over this perfect thing
Daisy312 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I just saw this episode today. (I had to DVR it, as I couldn't watch last night) When I logged onto to continue reading "prelude", I saw this story. It's amazing! It feels like the missing scene at the end of the episode. I love reading your work. You are an amazing writer! Thank you!
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
This was such a poignant story I couldn't help but want more.
Hippiechic81 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
AWWW That was beautiful!
NoelleDashuri chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
You know, I am probably the worlds worst reviewer (I know, I know, I'm terrible) but I had to make a point to stop what I was doing and let you know how AMAZING this was. Just... if there's a perfect story out there, this is it! Great writing in general, you kept the character IN character, emotions everywhere... Fabulous!
D.C. al Coda chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Another great story. That was an epic Reid moment last night. Reid saves the day, delivers a baby, and adds another accomplishment to his resume. And I love how you connected it with the "I would've" scene in 9x01.

-D.C. al Coda
Annber03 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I KNEW last night's episode would provide some inspiration for you :D! How could it NOT? Seriously, I know what the people who work on this show have said about Reid not getting into a relationship this season, and so on, but given all the JJ/Reid moments thus far, and last night, one could EASILY be mistaken for thinking they're trying to at least hint at...something.

"I knew he would be half his mother. Half his father, as well, true. But I knew that, even if he was only half his mother...I knew I would love him."

*Melts* Awwwwwwwwwww. And then him with tears at the end, hopeful ones...I want to hug him, too.

I kept thinking back to "Memoriam", too, with the whole thing with the baby-he did look nervous, yes (and who could blame him, given the circumstances?), but there was a bit more ease there that it seems all his time with Henry has helped bring him. And I thought the same thing JJ did whenever I'd see all the episodes from when she was pregnant-that pregnancy was just the newest interest for Reid, given the situation.

But hearing his actual reasons last night were a pleasant surprise. To think he was prepared and ready to go just in case...I almost think it's kind of a shame that she didn't have her baby that way now :p. Just so incredibly sweet to realize how much he really does look out for her, and it definitely makes one look at all his helpful moments when she was pregnant in a whole new light. That whole scene with the baby last night was crazy, but wonderful, and I love that they both got to share in the moment and bond (and that that woman named her baby after Reid :D!).

Loved their discussion about Hotch, too-particularly how you filled in what happened after that case where he couldn't talk that guy down, and just up and left. We haven't really seen a moment aside from that one on the show where he talks with Reid about Maeve, which is a bit strange, given the similarities of both their tragedies. So I'm glad you let them have that discussion here-I could easily see it playing out like that. And I like the idea that he and Reid came to some sort of understanding about letting Reid take some time to hold back in the field, to let him come back when he knew he felt comfortable enough to do so. It's interesting to realize he's measuring his ability to heal against Hotch's, but kind of sweet, too, as is his comment that JJ and Henry also helped him greatly through those dark days.

And I love that he got a picture of Hotch (LOL at JJ wondering if Reid took a "selfie" :p)! It was great to see him smiling and laughing, to see EVERYONE like that. That bar scene at the end was so fun. I can never hear "Piano Man" the same way anymore. Hehe.

So happy to see your take on last night's episode here! Lovely, touching one-shot.
ifreakinglovefanfiction chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Lovely. Wonderful. You never disappoint! And now I am a teary mess. I love the emotion you always manage to convey, it is a gift.