Reviews for For The Love Of Our Sons
Is This Not Reality chapter 9 . 7/11/2015
Fantastic. It really was. You got a few good tears outta me I gotta admit. But that also might be cuz it is late... No matter. It was great. Absolutely wonderful.
jneill7677 chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
Okay, I really have to stop reading your stories without Kleenex nearby. I know I've said it over and over reviewing your others, but, again, amazing job. I read it all in one fell swoop, not even bothering to review for each chapter. Fabulous story!
Ace Bullets chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
So I had someone's Gnossienne upload playing on YouTube as soon as Clark started thinking about it. It seemed right to be hearing those haunting strains again at this particular time.

As the kids today say: "So many 'feels'!" from this chapter. I don't really quite know what else to say, but the emotions described were exquisite. I got misty-eyed in several places, especially during Clark's exploration of his personal torments, including the ones that resurfaced from the May Dalton incident.

For someone we never saw, Joanne has become such a real person to me, and I thank you for the evolution in her character. I'm glad you gave us that reconciliation; it was timely, and it was genuine.

And oh my goodness, the *picture*. I felt Greg's instant horror at seeing the image. Yes, that's one father-son picture no one needed to keep, for obvious reasons. Urgh. (But Greg really needs to do something about that "Things I'll Never Forgive Myself For" file, or it'll eventually eat him alive.)

I truly liked that you ended both Parker and Lane scenes with the fathers finding ways of comforting their sons. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us. Two thumbs up!
KevinxoShelley chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
I love this story, and the ending for it was great. Tissues were definitely needed, though. Great work, and I'm looking forward to your next story.
KevinxoShelley chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
This was nail bitting at the begining, and then when they were found, I felt like crying. Great, great job.
Buckeye am I chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
I totally teared up with this chapter. It was great.
LizzieH1313 chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
What an absolutely beautiful story! It like how you've managed to focus on Greg/Dean and Ed/Clark while also including a bit of the rest of the team. Your story "Tribute" was also very touching, and I've read it several times. I'd love to see more stories in this series; have you thought about focusing on other team members at all?

Thanks for writing!
Elizabeth
Buckeye am I chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
They got the guy before it was too late. Good.

onto chapter 9.
garb50 chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
That was soooo good! Thank you for updating so fast, couldn't wait to read. Love these last scenes. So emotional and it shows so good how different these two boys are. Thank you so much for this story!
kenorob1 chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
Okay, pass the tissues. Great ending to a great story. Thank you.
MissingFlashpoint chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
Oh, you nailed the ending. I cried hard. Just a great story all the way through. I cried when Sam was trying to read the card too. Thank you for writing this story!
MissingFlashpoint chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
So, so good! I cried, but a good cry I think.
Ace Bullets chapter 8 . 11/11/2013
Okay, no lie: my eyes got misty there. Holy smokes, that was intense!

"Terror tasted like gasoline" has to be one of my favourite lines from this chapter. I especially enjoyed how you captured Clark and Dean's sense of panic at being doused - again - but this time by a well-meaning paramedic with a water jug. I could see it (and smell it?) so clearly: even though the gas and fire retardant washed away, the bone-chilling fear still clung to the boys.

Also liked how Dean was reminded of Clark being trapped in City Hall when he heard Ed's voice. I'm thinking that Dean is still going to be in a world of self-recrimination for what happened. He's going to feel lousy for not being able to negotiate with Hammond, at the very least. (I'm sure Greg is going to have a lot to say about that.)

Can't say I'm sorry about Hammond. What a tortured soul, but at least he didn't force a member of the Team to take his life.

Thanks for this story. I'm looking forward to "Restoration".
Ace Bullets chapter 7 . 11/11/2013
This was such a powerful chapter on so many levels. Having Clark and Dead kidnapped and held captive, and the wild goose chase, and the crazy guy bent on revenge - that's all pretty standard fare for this kind of drama - but wow, the torment of those fathers is fully realised here. You really elevated the material and drove home just how complex things can get for people in the emotional dire straits Ed and Greg are in right now.

I can't imagine such a terrible situation, and I'm so proud of Ed for having the presence of mind to talk some sense into Greg. And oh my goodness... By bringing up what happened to Donna on her wedding day, Ed got to show Greg that everything looks different when you're the one being swept away by the maelstrom. "Tunnel vision" can happen to anyone, no matter how much training or experience or wisdom we think we have. I'm glad Ed brought up the uncomfortable truth that the Team would have no choice but to shoot Greg if he was on the verge of killing Hammond. If he seemed unduly harsh with Greg ("Who do you want to shoot you, Greg? Who do you want to have to live with that agony? Spike? Jules? Leah?"), it was because it was sorely needed.

And oh, geez. Hammond is a piece of work. (By the way, I loved how Dean was second-guessing himself about what tack to take with his captor. Engage him, or keep quiet? Say the wrong thing, and he might escalate... ) I sort of figured that as soon as Hammond slipped and called his son "Ollie", the boys would figure it out, but to hear that he's just as sick-minded as Ollie (if not more!) - that made my skin crawl.

Blaming Marina for getting Ollie killed (because she shouldn't have rejected him) is so utterly disturbing. I mean, being upset at Greg and Ed is one thing because they were the cops directly responsible... but blaming Marina? I think my blood curdled when he shouted that Marina's rejection gave Ollie the right to kill her. (Is there a *Mrs.* Hammond around? For her sake, I hope she's in a very safe place, because it cannot have been a very pleasant "relationship" if that man has always been this way.)

Here's hoping the Team has success being all stealthy when they swoop in for the rescue. I'm still holding out for a happy ending here!
Buckeye am I chapter 7 . 11/11/2013
Oh what a great chapter.

Ed trying to get Greg to understand why he has to control himself. We will see if that happens or not.

Will they get to the boys in time.

I can't wait for the next update.