Reviews for Piano Lessons
nightsky44 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
This is so sweet! Jake and Sherry are such a cute couple... I can totally see Billy teaching Jake how to play the piano... Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story! :)
Ayunat chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
So sweet and cute story :)
Blue Mage Quartet chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
If this isn't the cutest thing I've ever read! Oh my gosh, it always makes me smile to see some new stuff centering around Jake and Sherry. I was surprised by the first person at first but as I read along I really think you did a solid job at capturing Sherry's spirit and her way of thinking. This little fic merges well with my personal headcanon of Jake and Sherry talking as often as possible to each other while they're involved with missions AND that Jake offers to teach her piano lessons. He played her piano over the phone! (you even snuck in Billy! MY HEART)

I especially like that you captured a side of Jake that isn't seen too often- for all his mercenary skill and cockiness and abrasiveness, he does care deeply for Sherry's wellbeing and he can be shy and awkward sometimes- he's just 20 years old! So, I really loved the bit where he shyly smiled and told Sherry that he had promised her lessons in China when she said she wanted to play- and he even bought her a piano! 3 I also liked the noting from Sherry of the scars and burns he had on his hands plus the ones underneath his clothing- she's attentive and she realizes the danger of his work, and she's grateful for what time she can spend with him, as brief as it might be for now and even if she selfishly might want more time, she understands that circumstances might not permit it now. I especially liked that you involved Helena and Leon as well- I always thought Helena and Sherry would get on well after China and I am glad the two are involved in Sherry's birthday celebration.

This was just really heartwarming and uplifting and I was so happy to find it! You did such a good job.
xjillvalentinex chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Very cute story! I liked their interactions so much; Jake is very thoughtful!

PS- Was Claire at this party, too? Cause I would have thought she'd be there.
Aaron Nivans chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Nice Story.. :)
Violetta-Night Butterfly chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Aww that was so cute, sweet and heartfelt. I loved this, I might cry from its beauty. :3
Thank you for making this! :D