Reviews for No Such Thing as a Perfect Family
lietaj chapter 28 . 2/6
You are a really good writer, I enjoyed this story and am sad that it's done. If you have one more in you I would love to see your take on a romance between Sharon and Andy
NightingaleTear chapter 28 . 2/6
What a beautiful final chapter of a beautiful, beautiful story! I love the idea of ending this with Rusty's essay on families, which was perfect :) I don't think there is much I can add to what I've said before except that you again managed to give us Sharon and Rusty exactly as we know them from the show, only with an extra amount of love that warms my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story with us!
As for prompts, I thought it was interesting that when Dr. Joe asked Rusty if he would run off with his Mom and leave Sharon, he said that he didn't know anymore (good boy). So I was kinda wondering what would happen if Rusty's Mom actually showed up. I don't want her to come back, mind you, but it seems like great potential for drama/angsty stuff and you are the only writer I would trust to make that work (for Sharon and Rusty and for us fans :) But whatever idea you choose for your next story, I'm already looking forward to it.
Kadi219 chapter 28 . 2/6
This was so beautifully written. I loved every moment. Thank you so much for sharing!
Ellie5192 chapter 28 . 2/5
Beautiful ending to a story I have enjoyed so much! Beautiful analysis of family, and I love the caring phone-calls from Sharon/Andy, and the fact that Rusty is still so awkward but so comfortable. Very well done.
hollywood13 chapter 28 . 2/6
LOVED this final chapter. It is sooo Rusty that he'd STILL be trying to take care of her...it's sad how true it is that he carried the household when he lived with his mother. Love me some Rusty angst. It was so heartbreaking that Sharon was crying over her father never meeting the significant new addition to her life. It all felt so real. I'm sad to see this story completed but can't wait to read whatever you write next! Thanks again for sharing with us; it's a true pleasure :) You're making this hiatus bearable with every word you upload haha
NHas chapter 28 . 2/5
Thank you for writing this. I'm not a huge fan of Rusty in general, but I have really enjoyed this story. Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to your next story. My suggestion, lots and lots of Sharon and Andy ;)
All. The. Feelings. I loved this, great job! I can't wait to read more of your stories...hopefully they will help with the MC withdrawal. ;)
SilverSnowdrop chapter 28 . 2/5
Nooooooo! But... what will I do now that this story is over? *cries forever*
Can I say how much I loved the beginning of this chapter, with all of Rusty's side thoughts, like the way he feels calmer when he hears Sharon's voice calling his name at home, or how he wants to take care of everything and she just bans him from doing the dishes. Ah! That's just giving me all the emotions. And how she's all, 'focus on your priorities, don't worry about me' and he's all '...okay, how about some honey with that tea?'. GOD. Woman.
That is not to say that the middle and end of this chapter were any less enjoyable. Loved the little Andy snippets (omgshecalledhim!), and the ending with Sharon and Rusty on the sofa was so sweet. The epilogue as well, great addition!
But... but now must it really be over? Is this a negotiation? ;-)
Force Unbroken chapter 28 . 2/5
Ohh, my God, I can't. I can't. I nearly lost it when I realized Perfect Family was sporting a "Complete" tag now. How are you holding up, dear? Do you need anything? Hugs? Tissues? A huge vat of chocolate you can either eat or swim/drown your sorrows in?

Ahem.

I just want to say again (and for the last time *sniffs*) how incredibly much I have loved this story. From chapter one you've pretty much had me captivated and wrapped around Perfect Family's little finger, and I am so thrilled to have been a part - albeit a really really tiny part - of this journey. You are a fantastic person and writer, and your first foray into MC is one of the most brilliant things I've read in this fandom. Beautiful job dear. Absolutely stunning.

I ADORED how you wrapped PF up. Oh my God, do I even have words? Caretaker!Rusty is one of my new favorite things ever. I love that you had him step into that role; it's just so perfect, and so *him*, even though he's not always good with dealing with other people. The fact that he's willing to make the effort with Sharon just warms my heart. And Sharon... *sighs* I got a little bleary-eyed when she had those little heartbreaking revelations about her father. Gah, I just wanted to hug her so much! It's so realistic though, because it really is the moments you're least expecting it when everything comes rushing back to you. Beautifully done. AND SHE CALLED ANDY OH MY GOD. You even threw the shipper in me a bone! (Or a huge juicy steak, but I digress.)

And the epilogue... I can't. I just can't. IT'S SO PERFECT. Sums up the story perfectly, and does justice to the journey. You're brilliant. Can I say that enough?

So, now that I'm running out of coherent words to say, I'll just finish with this: I adore this story, I'm going to read it again and again, and I love you; you're just fantastic. Be proud of yourself! You deserve it! And I can't wait to see what else you'll do!

*commences crying and joins you under the table*
rosabelle317 chapter 28 . 2/5
AWWWW.

I adore this.

I love how comfortable they are together (after everything you put them through, they've certainly earned it!), and how much Rusty is trying to care of her. I'm also really glad that you have him notice the difference between trying to take care of Sharon and trying to take care of his own mother, because... yeah, there's probably an entire story's worth of words to be said about that. It's nice to see him knowing that he's appreciated.

Sharon. *sighs* Oh, Sharon. But okay, awkward phone calls are a step in the right direction and it's not like they're ready to start dating just yet *anyway,* and that was just the right amount of cute before it veered right back into heartbreaking when she starts thinking about all the people her father would never meet. I love that you had Rusty go and sit with her then.

And the epilogue was just the perfect note to go out on, because Rusty finally allows himself to accept all these realizations he's had, and you picked all the perfect lines to call back to the episodes and... did I say perfect yet?

I hope you did find yourself something chocolatey, because you've certainly earned a treat. :D I will happily read anything you write because FOUR MONTHS IS A REALLY LONG TIME and because you are really a fantastic writer.
monkeytoez17 chapter 28 . 2/5
Thanks so much for writing a fabulous, if at times stressful, story. Rusty's internal voice was spot on, as well as everyone's interactions. I would love for you to write more with Sharon and Andy, if the mood strikes you, but I look forward to whatever you share with us next!
bwie66 chapter 28 . 2/5
What a wonderful, beautiful ending to the fabulous piece of work. Thank you, thank you, thank you for venturing into this fandom. As for the future, anything you will share would be much appreciated (but a little Sharon and Andy would be super)!
HepburnJunkie22 chapter 28 . 2/5
I cannot express how much I loved the ending to this and how sad I am at the same time! This story had me in the edge of my seat, waiting on baited breath for updates to pop up in my inbox. I love the way you wrote the characters and their interactions, they were all so reall and honest. And the way Rusty connected it all, full circle, was a true testament to what this story was about...we'll done and I hope to read more from you soon! :)

-Molli
DD2 chapter 28 . 2/5
Great fanfiction! I agree there is too much time to wait! I'll be looking forward to more of your fanfictions, I don't have any suggestions but I do like to read multi chapter involved fics.
Nevada11 chapter 28 . 2/5
Bravo - this was a very satisfactory ending to a wonderful story. I'm sure I'll read the whole thing again several times during this long wait until Season 3. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.