Reviews for Heart of Fire
K chapter 23 . 11/24/2017
Wow. What an ending! Amazing, honestly.

Also, the two women/girls.. I totally forgot about them, oops. But it's awesome that you gave them a small - but very very important role to all this. I love that they only just appeared a few chapters prior, and only for one moment, and it seemed so.. How should I say?.. Minor? And then you go and pull them out for the ending again! BAM! Really great!

The stranger... I have no idea.. Maybe he's been mentioned before as well but I really can't remember. I don't remember what her father looked like but yeah, it's probably not him. I also don't know the canon characters all too well, seeing as I'm only just now watching the films so yeah. Thin.. Dark hood.. High voice... The smell... An Elf? Lol, I really don't know. Or she suddenly has a brother! XD I will stop now.

So, just like always, I have loved all the descriptions and just simply your way of writing all this. It's been a very nice journey and I have grown so fond of this story and the characters, well, how could I ever avoid the sequel now? OF COURSE I WON'T and I don't want to either, so that's all fine.

And Smaug is probably in his human form now? I wonder how that happened.. I love it and I'm very curious about it all, and I hope you'll explain everything in the sequel (I'm pretty sure you will).
This whole thing has got maybe something to do with the blood that Kathryn lost in the end, that connected with Smaug... That was again a small moment but it kind of seems significant to me.
Anyways, I shall all see in part 2! AND I HONESTLY CAN'T WAIT!
K chapter 22 . 11/24/2017
Oh wow. That was powerful. Beautiful. Strong. Wow.
I kept thinking that if Bard or someone else had shut up a second longer, then Smaug would have already gone and left with Kathryn but nooo - you just have to destroy the moment and rile him up again! Jeez. Lol.
Apart from that I'm just incredibly happy to see them together again. And both are showing their feelings a lot more since the time skip, which is great! And the best of all - Smaug is still not out-of-character!
And now they're dying. Alright, I know that there is a sequel so they're most definitely, probably, not dead. That dude that's been looking for her... WHO is THAT?! Did I miss something? He's some kind of wizard or something, I swear. No, I have no idea. Is he an OC? And is HE really a HE?! XD I'm pretty sure but who th knows anything anymore.
Okay, one more chapter -!
K chapter 21 . 11/23/2017
I've just finished with the 2nd Hobbit movie and I have to say, I really like the way you linked your story to the canon one. All in all I usually don't like it when people write and use the actions and dialogues that we already know from the original work, it's just.. no. But it was alright here, you only did it in a few chapters and you used everything to connect your plot with the original story. I really liked your descriptions of everything. I felt everything a lot more reading your story than when I was watching the film. And yay, they are finally meeting again. Thank god, I was so on edge all the time. But really, great work with the drama and such :) perfect amount and not corny or anything at all.
K chapter 18 . 11/21/2017
Ps. It was totally awesome that she changed into her dragonesse form when the orcs closed in on her. Totally awesome!
K chapter 18 . 11/21/2017
Okay, I've never read or watched the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, I'm just currently on that right now (seen tLotR now), so what I want to say is that I have no idea what all the characters here are actually like or if I do actually like them. Just from here, I gotta say I'm not the dwarves biggest fan.. xD I'll see in the movies but yes. I'm so excited about all this now, the plot is really thickening! Maybe Smaug will find out that Torin has the scale, the scale that he gave Kathryn and then... Well.. Okay, okay, I'll see SOON!
K chapter 17 . 11/20/2017
Oooooooh, oooooooh! Wow.. She just became a dragon - in real life no less! YEAHH!
And I absolutely loved Faervel, honestly. He is such a sweetheart and bundle of awesomeness! I hope he doesn't appear again, just to show us he's really not the good guy on her side that he was up to now (yes, I'm paranoid like that. I've read and seen a lot, so I'm bracing myself for anything! xD)
I can't wait to read more... I CAN'T WAIT TO FINISH THE REST OF THE BOOK!
K chapter 15 . 11/19/2017
SIXTY YEARS! HOLY SH-!
But seriously, I love this. It's like you're getting better and better with this story. It's really interesting that we're now in the present again. Her journey was really nice, great descriptions of everything - it was just perfect, not too long nor too short. What totally gets me is the fact that Smaug and her are dreaming together every night. That he's been sleeping for the last sixty years so he can be there with her and not miss even a single night. It's so emotional! And yay, her dragon-form is back! :) I just love it when they are the same species.
K chapter 14 . 11/19/2017
Oh god, this is such a lovely chapter, one of the best yet, I'm sure! I was so shocked and compelled by his decision. All the feels, dear god. And how beautifully you captured everything! All the expressions, the feelings, emotions and thoughts... Her coming to the conclusion that she loves him, his despair that he let loose when she left.. THE KISS! Dear lord, it's just really all so beautifully written. I'm so excited to see what else is going to happen now...
K chapter 12 . 11/18/2017
Another great chapter! It was very interesting - dare I say FUNNY - to watch Smaug's reaction to the change in her, thinking she has a lover hidden in the mountain. Also, what this chapter just made me realize is that I absolutely love the way you switch POVs without breaking the story's flow or disrupt it in any other way. It's perfect. And we get to see both sides, feel with both characters. It's really great! :)
K chapter 11 . 11/18/2017
I totally get why this has been your favorite chapter to write so far. It's definitely one of my top favorite chapters as well. The dream where both were dragons.. Awesome. It was so fresh and carefree and oh, the glorious feelings~ I'm swooning. Haha.
And her dream after that.. My, oh my. Thing's are gonna change round here. And I absolutely love that both are experiencing the change in their own way. I am so curious about what you're gonna do. I mean, they can't just keep experiencing stuff like this in the dreams only, can they? I hope not, that'd be a shame.
But I do hope the little incident with the Arkenstone doesn't have any bigger meaning.. I mean, idk. Hopefully it was only a cameo or something? I'm terrified! Lol
Also, what I've been wondering.. Doesn't she ever need or want to wash/clean herself? I mean, we figured that out with the food and such but the thought crossed my mind one of these chapters. Well, I'm just gonna imagine she's washing and drinking, just like she's eating. Whatever! :D
K chapter 10 . 11/18/2017
The goat part was really harsh, I would be shocked and dread this, just like her. But.. Yes, it is actually not so bad - in this aspect. Nature itself goes by the rule that animals kill each other in order to survive. Or eat what's already wasted away. People did that once too. In a way it is something many or most people nowadays don't know anymore. And the only issue there is that I'm not really comfortable with when I think about it, is the fact that nowadays at least humans don't kill to simply survive anymore. There's no natural way of it anymore. It's just about mass husbandry and money. And that is actually really sad when you let yourself think about it all.
Sorry, back to the story! I'm so glad you let her grieve but didn't stretch it out for too long. It's a really delicate thing to handle drama the right way, so that the reader isn't, let's say "annoyed" or bored or the drama seems forced and unrealistic. But I think you managed that quite well. I also like the constant change that we experience between the two. And Smaug is so much in-character, I think that's one thing I love most about this all! Also, I'm pretty excited to see her find herself and master her own magic and troubles. Let's see how that goes.
K chapter 7 . 11/16/2017
Awww... Progress, progress, I see PROGRESS! Yaay :D
And how nice it is to see certain feelings developing, slowly but gradually. Which brings me to this: I really like the story's pace. It doesn't at any point feel rushed and weird, instead it's a nice little slow burn that is not too slow, it's just perfect. Although, nothing is perfect... Well, still, this comes pretty damn close to it!
I'm really curious and excited to see if you'll include Smaug's human form not only in the visions/dreams but in reality as well and how of course. I hope you will and I'm actually thinking you will. But I can't be sure about anything here.
And I really loved the riddles! I was trying to figure them out myself as well and I was damn surprised and happy that I actually guessed some of them right. On others I had no idea, lol. If this goes on it looks like you're gonna teach me to solve riddles! I was never really good at it before but YEAHH :D
K chapter 5 . 11/16/2017
Okay, this is my favorite chapter as of now. Honestly. It was so exciting to read and there's progress and action and feelings and wow. I cannot say any more. Very well done.
K chapter 4 . 11/16/2017
So this seems very very well written, the only thing I've noticed is that you always use the word "encase" while I think you actually mean "in case".. I'm not sure tho. Either way, that's no biggie, it's still pretty well written.
The plot seems rather interesting as well. The visions at night and her having to tie herself up kinda freak me out tbh. I also think your Smaug is top-notch, absolutely in-character and believable. I'm very curious to see what you'll come up with in this story. So far, I like it. I still can't wait for the plot to evolve a little more. It's just the beginning right now.
The vision she had about herself and that man.. Well, I think it's him, Smaug, obviously. He'll probably take on a human form somehow sometime in the future. And they'll fall in love or something and she leaves which breaks his heart. That is my current guess on this. And I shall see... :)
And oh dear lord.. Now she's running. I don't imagine she'll come all that far. What's gonna happen?!
Only balgony chapter 8 . 9/7/2017