Reviews for Nor Bid the Stars Farewell
CurtisMcQueen8 chapter 37 . 1/13
First of all: I finished this story within three days, neglecting the mountains of work piling up on my desk because you had me intrigued from the first. I have no regrets!
Here are a few things I really liked about the story (I can't name them all, for then this would go on endlessly):
-The way you explored Legolas' character spoke to me from the very beginning. It's astonishing how well you captured and combined his almost juvenile side with the wisdom and sadness of some of the Elves. It was believable and also very, very touching, especially the part where he almost broke in the darkness of the cave.
-You portrayed their friendship brilliantly. Aragorn seemed a little rough on him at times; I'm not entirely sure he would call him "stupid" or "a burden" but then again, who knows how much pressure it is to be king and how much the duties weighing you down can drive you round the bend? I certainly wouldn't know :D Anyways, when this sentence came "He realized that he would rather spend a thousand days of conflict alongside his friend than one day of peace without him." I almost cried out because it was so beautiful.
-I really liked how Gimli's and Legolas' conversations got along, especially the mixture of humorous elements (such as the mockings with "elfling" being my favorite) and serious topics
-How you wrote Thranduil really spoke to me although I did find him, too, a little too cold, but then again he suffered a lot and I could almost hear Lee saying his lines, so it worked perfectly nevertheless.
-Faramir was absolutely adorable! I liked him very much, both in the movies and in the books, but your Faramir is simply perfect.

That being said, the only thing that had me confused is how old you imagine Legolas to be. You mentioned several times that he was several centuries old and Aragorn realizes that he had been alive for a very long time before Aragorn himself stumbled along, having had the time to make several lifetime's of friends. Also Legolas emphasizes several times just how long he had been alive. In the chapter 'childhood memories' Aragorn says that Legolas had been an elfling when he'd been sent to Imladris and that they were both very young, merely children. Does he say that to comfort him or are these real memories? And if so, how could they be? This is not meant to criticize your work, for I absolutely loved it, I'm just curious :)

Anyway, really amazing job, mellon nin. I am so glad you have set out on the incredible journey of writing this piece xx
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 36 . 9/11/2014
that was beautiful a very lovely story to read :)
Guest chapter 37 . 9/9/2014
Thank YOU so much for writing this beautiful piece. It has, as you said, been an incredible experience for me and several of my friends who read it upon my recommendation, and I can confidently say that it brought and continues to bring pleasure into many people's lives. It's been an amazing journey reading this work, and I truly appreciate it so much.
J.G
BlackMinx17 chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Awww! so adorable
Miracles in the dark chapter 36 . 9/8/2014
*sniff* that was so heartwarming...
Eldarion is born, the Problems between Aragorn and Legolas and Thranduil and Legolas are solved.
All is well... as it should be. Right?

Miracles
gginsc chapter 36 . 9/8/2014
At last! After all those misunderstandings and feelings of betrayal! I love happy endings.
BlackMinx17 chapter 35 . 9/1/2014
Legolas should give Estel a VERY severe tongue lashing! The disrespect! UHGG! And he says LEGOLAS is the one acting like a child! The audacity!
maryhell chapter 35 . 9/1/2014
I am sad to see the elves leave and though I understand Aragorn's actions I can see he and Legolas still have issues to overcome.

Another great chapter. Thank you for writing.
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 34 . 8/27/2014
that was a lovely chapter, i look forward to reading more :)
Alanic chapter 34 . 8/25/2014
could there be something between Miluiel and Legolas? Good chapter and the baby on the way! update soon!
BlackMinx17 chapter 34 . 8/23/2014
Aragorn! I'm ashamed of you! Have you learned nothing throughout this whole story?! He is going to be the death of Legolas, one way or another.
bettsam0731 chapter 34 . 8/23/2014
I can see legolas getting out of bed no matter what they said. Great chapter!
gginsc chapter 34 . 8/23/2014
What! Another quarrel so soon?
Gwen chapter 33 . 8/17/2014
This is amazing love! One of the best things I have ever read!
maryhell chapter 33 . 8/17/2014