Reviews for Misconceptions
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 1/9
Yes, I expect Snape will have *lots* of questions about why Harry has to stay at the Dursleys and be treated like a house elf and starved. I expect he may well pick up that Dumbledore is pleased at having Harry be grateful for being rescued.

I also expect at some point that Snape is going to say 'it's spinach and the hell with it' (punchline to a classic New Yorker cartoon), and move Harry out of that hellhole.
mysinger chapter 11 . 2/10/2019
Great chapter! McGonagall asking Snape's intentions towards Harry was outrageous! She deserved Snape's response. The scene between Harry and Snape, as well as the one from Sirius' point of view was excellent. Well Done!
mysinger chapter 10 . 2/10/2019
Great account of Harry's outing with Snape. I liked how he bought Harry a whole new wardrobe once he realized the problem with Harry's clothes. Love how you are gradually involving Snape more and more in Harry's life, without him seeming to realize it.
mysinger chapter 9 . 2/10/2019
Excellent chapter! I liked how you had Harry send for Severus before going down to the chamber, as well as Severus' reactions to Harry being bitten by the basalisk. I look forward to Snape' s conversation with the Dursleys.
mysinger chapter 8 . 2/10/2019
Loved Snape's conversation with Harry and how he reassured Harry that he could not be unconsciously attacking the students. The fact that Harry confided his fears to him puts Snape ahead of Dumbledore in his dealings with Harry. As for McGonnagal, she clearly hasnt learned from her mistakes in first year. Well done!
mysinger chapter 7 . 2/10/2019
Love the image of Lockhart dressing like Santa Claus! It is interesting that Dumbledore would suggest that Snape work with Harry to solve the mystery, but then I have long suspected that Dumbledore used the events of first and second year to test Harry.
mysinger chapter 6 . 2/10/2019
Good chapter! It is interesting to hear COS from Snape's point of view.
mysinger chapter 5 . 2/10/2019
Excellent story! I really enjoyed the scene between Snape and Harry in the hospital wing.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 7/28/2018
Wouldn't Snape notice the resemblance between Tom Riddle and Lord Voldemort? Voldie didn't change into snake-face till after his botched resurrection in GoF.

I do hope this story isn't a total retelling of canon, though I do look forward to Snape having a little chat with Petunia and Vernon.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 7/11/2018
Good chapter, at least Harry is sensible enough to ask for help this time around.

But why is Snape removing one rock at a time? Hello, Reducto...
mithrilandtj chapter 12 . 4/17/2018
update?
hotflower901 chapter 12 . 1/25/2018
This year is not going to be better for Harry.
xSapphirexRosesxFanx chapter 12 . 1/20/2018
Intetesting version.
graynavarre chapter 12 . 1/20/2018
I am enjoying this very much but I was wondering. Since Remus, in his werewolf form, tried to kill Severus back when they were in school together, how can Severus not know that Remus is a werewolf.
Merlenyn chapter 12 . 1/19/2018
I am so amused by the end of this chapter. Talk about a flip in trust! Thanks to Harry growing to trust Severus more after the rescue the summer before, he's looking at Remus with distrust because of tense dislike the men have towards each other. Or at least, Severus definitely dislikes Remus, and Remus... I dunno about him. He always came across as more open and willing to put the past away between him and Severus but Harry picked up a bit of mocking in Remus complimenting Severus' skills as a Potions Master... so who knows?

Also, I thought Severus already KNEW about Remus being a werewolf from the incident where Sirius tricked Severus into going down the tunnel under the Whomping Willow on the night of a full moon and the only thing that kept him from being bitten or killed was James hearing from Sirius what he'd done and rushing to save him. And that the incident was pretty much brushed under the rug since no one was expelled for it and those involved probably just got detentions. So yea, his surprise at the fact that Remus is a werewolf just seemed odd to me. But hey, if you want to have it so that he never found out, that's fine too! :D

I wonder how that conversation will go though for Harry, asking Severus why he doesn't like Remus, or if there's anything he should be wary of or whatever despite how good a teacher the man is so far. I also wonder with his wariness of Remus, when the Dementors crash the Quidditch game and Harry decides he needs to learn to protect himself, will he decide to go to Remus as a competent Defense teacher, or will he approach Severus again to see if he knows how to stop a Dementor?

Hermione finding out that Severus is being "nice" to Harry was amusing too, and I wonder how long before she finds out the truth of what happened? I mean, she probably knows about the rescue from his relatives even if she wasn't told the FULL story and doesn't know why that would make Severus pay more attention to Harry and be nicer when they're alone. I hope she listened to McGonagall enough though about the time turner that she doesn't screw up earlier in the year. lol