Reviews for Prediction, no thank you!
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 11/27
I love this story. I hope you plan to continue and finish it.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 11/27
You certainly give a more realistic picture of how Harry would react to the things that are swirling around him. Generally, he would be portrayed as instantly accepting and adjusting to the idea of new guardians, Sirius's innocence, etc. You have portrayed him as rather gobsmacked and a bit off-balance, which actually makes far more sense.

It will be interesting to see with whom he shares all of these juicy details. Of course Ron already knows about Pettigrew and now Sirius, so Hermione probably does, as well. That reminds me ... I wonder if Harry will get his broom back now. ;)
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 11/27
Well, that answers a few things about Dumbles. Why was he angry about Pettigrew? He's apparently a criminal, which makes his appearance a legal matter. Is Dumbledore an Auror? No. Would he have hidden all of this and possibly allowed Peter to escape? Pettigrew's escape in canon kept Sirius a fugitive for two years and meant that Harry continued to be incarcerated with the Dursleys every year, something Sirius would have stopped ... and DD knew it. Is DumDum involved in what Peter did and trying to hide his involvement? So many questions ...

I'm glad the Tonkses are being considered as guardians for Harry. Heaven forbid if he went to the Malfoys! (Narcissa and Andromeda are sisters, so the relationship to Sirius is the same.) That would be a disaster.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 11/27
Interesting. McGonagall kind of put Harry on the spot, leading him to do exactly what he had told Hermione he knew would upset her if he did it. I guess the difference is that he was sought out and tried to keep his comments short and to the point, without making them too revealing.

Well, well ... so Peter has been discovered. Good.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 11/27
Nice chapter. I can't help thinking the conversation with Anthony and Terry went very differently than a similar one might have gone with Ron and Hermione. Hermione would have been peppering him with questions about the Dursleys' treatment of him and more information about his stay in the infirmary. She would have wanted an instant replay of what he had seen in Godric's Hollow, and I can't imagine either of them giving him privacy to go through the things he collected from GH. Terry and Anthony just let him talk until he had finished and kept their remarks to a minimum, mostly encouraging and assuring him that he hadn't really acted inappropriately. It must be nice for a change.

I'm glad Harry had a chance to talk with Remus and Snape. I think both conversations helped a little.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 11/27
I'm glad McGonagall and Flitwick finally took Harry to see where his parents were buried. For a magical guardian, Dumbledore has been incredibly neglectful - almost as bad as the Dursleys. I hope he is charged as an accessory to their crimes. I think it is fair, considering he had himself declared Harry's guardian and then did NONE of the things he was bound to do by such a relationship.

I'm glad McGonagall and Flitwick both listened to Harry's grievances respectfully and saw their merit. I couldn't believe Ron's comments.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 11/27
Harry didn't have time to wonder as Hermione had taken matters into her own hand without talking to Harry. She said nothing as Professor McGonagall took the broom for examinations ... Finally he raised his voice.

"Hermione I'm happy you look out for me, but did it ever occur to you that I'm not a toddler that needs to do what he's told! You could have told me and we could have fixed this together, instead of you sneaking behind my back, making decisions for me!" Harry took a deep breath and continued. Everything he had suppressed for months welled up ...

Well, that rant was a long time coming. Unfortunately for Hermione, Harry was spot on. He did not say one derogatory thing about her; he only addressed her behavior and how it makes her look to him and others. It will be interesting to see if she truly LISTENED to what he said, or if she tries to justify her actions. My money is on the latter for the moment. I'm glad you had Harry speak up and address this, so that she can't simply dismiss him as just being mad because the broom was confiscated. He is talking about disrespect and betrayal, really.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 11/27
Harry really does seem to be looking to others more frequently to help him with things (swimming lessons) and to just spend time together. If Sirius replaces the broom and Hermione sticks her nose into things (as in canon), the gap between Harry and the rest of the trio may widen, now that Harry has other friends. Or perhaps one of his less pushy friends will help him get the broom checked without him losing it for months or weeks, whatever it was.

We haven't yet seen Dumbledore, but I can imagine he will be fit to be tied when he learns what is happening with the Dursleys. As far as finding a new guardian, I think the Diggorys or Amelia Bones might be good choices. I hope it's someone good.

Poor Harry. I wonder how long it will take for the truth about Sirius to be discovered. He, of course, would probably become Harry's guardian if he can get a trial. Harry having Susan as a friend might affect that situation more positively. I guess we can hope ...
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 11/27
"He knew that if the tried to leave, Madame Pomfrey would not let him get away with it. He was pretty sure she had in some former life (if one believed in reincarnation) been a prison guard." ROTFLOL!

Hermione is starting to exhibit one of the traits I really dislike - the incessant demand for personal information from Harry. No wonder it's more relaxing to spend time with his new friends, who give him space and breathing room. I think Hermione's lack of friends growing up has left her with "boundary issues." She doesn't seem to understand that, even among friends, some feelings and experiences are private and not her business. Offering to be a sounding board is one thing; continually poking and pushing is not being a friend. This issue - combined with her belief that if information exists, she is entitled to know it - can be hard on a private person like Harry, who already has too many people interfering in his life. She needs to step back.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 11/26
Harry certainly still values Ron's and Hermione's friendships, but he is starting to look at the two of them more objectively. He is certainly seeing that friendships with Susan, Terry, Luna, and others come with less drama than R&H bring to everything.

I wonder if Harry will speak up to McGonagall about the books and info he never received, now that the Dursleys' neglect of his health seems finally to be coming to light. After all, McGonagall was the one who brought up his mediocre performance in his classes. Perhaps she would find it enlightening to know the disadvantages under which he had been laboring the previous two years. One would think that, as head of his house, she might have touched on his apparent lack of awareness of things he should have known. Then again, perhaps Dumbledore has charmed her not to pay too close attention to these things. (I don't know yet if your Dumbles is a good guy, a senile old coot, a Machiavellian manipulator, or something else altogether.)
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 11/26
Academically, I feel Ron, at least, holds Harry back. In addition to being lazy and attempting to pull Harry away from his studies, Ron is plagued by the green-eyed monster and will probably get jealous if/when Harry's marks begin to improve. Hermione may yammer at and harangue Harry to study harder, but I think it would bug her intensely if Harry began to outrank her in any of their classes.

I like seeing Harry develop new friendships, but R&H make it tough. They pretty much monopolize Harry's time outside class, and Ron seems rather prejudiced against non-Gryffs (and downright bigoted against Slytherins). Hermione is such a know-it-all and nag that she turns off a lot of kids. Then the two are always bickering about something, as well. I think many people who might make good friends for Harry are turned off by the other two. JM2K, of course.
Marifw chapter 15 . 11/20
I do hope you will continue this story. I like it!
Beer is food chapter 13 . 10/26
for a time i wondered why i almost disliked your Harry more than the canon one
i just realized it is because you made him a wuss on almost douche level
mystery solved, i can finally stop reading that fic :o)
HPMARIE chapter 15 . 10/16
love it!
kelwin chapter 15 . 9/30
good fic. a pitty you will not continue it.